Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2015, 12:16:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
355437 Posts in 14446 Topics by 2259 Members
Latest Member: hubrisnxs
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Completion List 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Completion List 2015  (Read 1562 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 03:06:55 PM »

1. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix
2. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix
3. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
4. Tappingo 2
5. The Guided Fate Paradox
6. Shantae: Risky's Revenge
7. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

This year is off to a really good start for my backlog. I've beaten more games than I've purchased and I'm on track to continue that trend into the summer doldrums. Actually, to help me with my backlog and to try and moderate my purchases, I've set up a manual counter for game consumption that starts at zero and adds one for every game I purchase and subtracts one for every game I complete. I use that counter to determine whether or not to buy a game, naturally trying to keep the counter in the negatives.

I've also decided that once the counter gets to -10, I'll reset it so as to try and take out my backlog in chunks and avoid risking feeling too complacent in my quest.
Yoda
Fear is the Mind Killer

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »

1) Metal Slug on Neo Geo - Feb 7

2) Dragon Age: Inq March 31st
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 03:03:29 PM »

1. Long Live the Queen
2. A Bird Story
3. Choice of the Deathless
4. Child of Light
5. The Sacred Tears TRUE
6. Reccetear
7. Fairune
8. Black Sigil
9. Summon Night: Twin Age
10. Time Hollow
11. Paper Mario

12. Touch Detective
Welcome to - I don't know? - 2007! Cute and quirky little adventure game, but whoever designed the puzzles should lay off the shrooms. There's stuff in there that's running laps around some of the illogical brain vomit I saw in shitty adventure games from the nineties. One of the puzzles involves inflating a character and later on stabbing her to deflate her like a balloon and that's one of the more sane mental challenges.

13. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titan
Finally got around to playing and finishing this one. There's something very calming about drawing detailed maps and it's always nice to see some extra icons that make my maps extra detailed. Also, I love how the expanded on the sea faring segments of Etrian Odyssey III. It may have made it a little difficult to gauge my progress, but it really added to that happy 'yay, I'm an explorer!' feeling.

13. Atelier Shallie
The ending of the trilogy was not as epic as I had hoped, but I don't feel too sad about it. The Dusk is very much a complex global environmental problem, having two teenagers solve it in a matter of months would have made the others' accomplishments seem trivial. I like the idea of the Shallies being two of (hopefully) many more working to make the world a better place for the next generation, fighting the crisis one step at a time. No convenient solution (aka some long-haired pretty boy to beat to a pulp), just hard work fuled by a thirst for knowlegde. As for the gameplay, I kind of missed having to manage time and the task systems was unnecessarily complex, but other than that is was as fun as ever.

14. Evoland
Cool idea, poorly executed. There's some annoying glitches and it's possible to get yourself stuck by landing your airship on a wrong patch of grass. Steam isn't even showing my playtime properly (apparently I completed the game in 13 minutes). Oh well. It was on sale.

Adventure Bar Story
It's like Atelier! If you sucked out its soul and served up its RPG Maker-created corpse on a platter. I guess it offers plenty of content for the 5 they're asking for it, but I'm seriously wondering why I played through the 20+ hour story while I had much better games to play in my backlog. I did get a laugh out of the leveling system, though. You see, instead of having characters gain exp from battle they gain it from eating food. However, not all food is created equal. When some low-level mage guy joined up late, I force-fed him 25 glasses of pineapple juice a day so he could catch up. Meanwhile, the other characters where on a diet of pizza because those ingredients ("mats") were cheap/easy to find.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2015, 04:31:03 PM »

1. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f
2. Freedom Wars
3. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
4.The Order 1886
5.Atelier Ayesha Plus

1. Hatsune Miku: Procect Diva f
I was not that familiar with Vocaloid before playing this but it ended up being really fun. I sucked at the beginning but eventually got each songs rhythm down. I will probably get Diva f 2nd if I see it on sale.

2. Freedom Wars
The game had an awesome setting but it never really fully utilised it. It reminds me of Resonance of Fate in that regard. The game is one of the better hunting games for the vita although I thought that for a hunting game, there was way too much running back and forth to npcs between story missions.

3. Monster Hunter 4U
Having played earlier games in the series, I knew in advance what to expect. The game didn't disappoint. playing with others online is awesome. None of my real life friends play the game so online was a first for me.

4. The Order: 1886
Loved the game. Can't wait to see where it goes next. I thought it was short but luckily I borrowed it from a friend rather than paying full price.

5. Atelier Ayesha Plus
Not really a fan of being unable to craft weapons and armour. Whetstones don't feel the same. I miss Hagel :( I am going to be in the minority here but I prefer the Rorona/Annie system of having assignments to complete rather than wandering aimlessly. Admittedly it wouldn't have worked with the story. Overall I did really enjoy it. I am a sucker for Atelier games and am looking forward to playing Escha and Logy.

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »

1.) Brandish - The Dark Revenant
2.) The Legend of Zelda -  A Link Between Worlds
3.) Danganronpa - Trigger Happy Havoc
4.) Muramasa Rebirth

Finally got around to clearing Muramasa from my backlog after I bought it on sale last year. Got involved in playing Tales of Hearts R and made it a good portion of the way through, but got side tracked by the immensely fun Demon Gaze as I'd been hankering for a DRPG. Just unlocked the 5 character slot, but still need to level that wizard. Currently fighting the Mimic, but man it keeps healing!
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 06:34:51 AM »

1. Mass Effect 3
2. TES III: Morrowind
3. TES IV: Oblivion + Shivering Isles

4. Cave Story (PC)
Had to go through the game a second time to get the good ending. Kind of annoying that a decision that causes you to get a bad ending is really counter-intuitive to what you would normally do. Last stage took me like a million tries but I liked it, classic side scrolling difficulty. Difficulty curve is kinda whacked out though.

5. Planescape: Torment
It was good.
glassjawsh
insolent cur

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »

1. Ys: Memories of Celceta: 3rd favorite Ys so far.  Behind Oath in Felghana and Seven.  Music wasn't near as good as Origin.  Still a Ys title so that means it was pretty great all the way around.

2. Dragon Quest VIII - Loved this.  It got exhausting by the end though. Really beginning to doubt I'll ever get to playing VII all the way through.

3. Terranigma - thanks Pro Action Replay!  (note: I imported this over 10 years ago before I understood anything about region locks)

4. Muramasa Rebirth

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 04:41:57 PM »

2. Freedom Wars
4.The Order 1886
5.Atelier Ayesha Plus

6. The Forest of Doom
I really like Fighting Fantasy books but being a dirty little cheater, a lot of the fun is spoiled on me. I got the game in a bundle and it was a lot of fun. Ended up drawing my own map which was all over the place but it got the job done.

7. Injustice: Gods Among Us
I am pretty horrible at fighters but I had a lot of fun with this. Pressing random buttons and hoping for the best got me through to the end. Story was alright although it fell apart near the end.

8. Infamous: First Light
It was short but I had a lot of fun with it. Some of Fetch's choices make you think what was she thinking but it wasn't anything you couldn't overlook. 

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 04:41:02 PM »

4.) Muramasa Rebirth
5.) Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Just rolled credits on Crimes and Punishments. Enjoyable, though some of the puzzles made me grind my teeth due to the sheer tedium of them (I'm looking at you, lock picking).
Still grinding my way through Demon Gaze, and just picked up Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star off the Golden Week sale. Debating whether I should grab anything else or not.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 10:31:43 PM »

4.) Muramasa Rebirth
5.) Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
6.) Ar Nosurge

Just platinum'd Ar Nosurge. Went into this game knowing very little after snagging it from the Golden Week sale. It was going a toss up between this and Fairy Fencer F, but in the end I wanted something a little more sci-fi. Now, I should be able to finally wrap up Trail in the Sky for the play along on the podcast.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 06:35:51 AM »

1. Long Live the Queen
2. A Bird Story
3. Choice of the Deathless
4. Child of Light
5. The Sacred Tears TRUE
6. Reccetear
7. Fairune
8. Black Sigil
9. Summon Night: Twin Age
10. Time Hollow
11. Paper Mario
12. Touch Detective
13. Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titan
14. Atelier Shallie
15. Evoland
16. Adventure Bar Story

17. Mind Zero
Do you know what Mind Zero said when it saw the word 'mediocrity' in the dictionary? I am thou... Thou art I...

18. Z.H.P.: Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman
I feel smart when I get all those references to Japanse popculture, but I probably shouldn't.

19. Persona Q
The labyrinths deviated more from typical Etrian Odyssey fare and I'm glad they did. Love how creative the FOE behaviours were. The big twist was pretty obvious after the third labyrinth, but I don't hold that against the game. With this type of thing, knowing how long and difficult the path is you have to follow is part of what makes it so horrible... Anyway, my absolute favourite thing in the whole game was that scene where Kanji crochets new shoelaces for Ken. That was impossibly adorable! So adorable, I'm willing to forgive them for accidently calling crochet knitting a couple of times.
glassjawsh
insolent cur

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 07:20:18 PM »

1. Ys: Memories of Celceta: 3rd favorite Ys so far.  Behind Oath in Felghana and Seven.  Music wasn't near as good as Origin.  Still a Ys title so that means it was pretty great all the way around.

2. Dragon Quest VIII - Loved this.  It got exhausting by the end though. Really beginning to doubt I'll ever get to playing VII all the way through.

3. Terranigma - thanks Pro Action Replay!  (note: I imported this over 10 years ago before I understood anything about region locks)

4. Muramasa Rebirth

5. Freedom Wars - the less said about the end of this one the better. dragged on and on.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 01:29:52 PM »

1. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix
2. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix
3. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
4. Tappingo 2
5. The Guided Fate Paradox
6. Shantae: Risky's Revenge
7. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
8. Awakened Fate Ultimatum
9. Persona 4 Golden

Awakened Fate - Wrote a blog post about how much soul they tore out of the Guided Fate formula to make this game. While I appreciate them simplifying some of the more cumbersome micromanaging in Guided Fate, they simplified the idea a little too much. Dungeons were uninspired and boss fights were just boring contests of who could take more hits than the other. I have no idea what compelled me to spend so much time getting a platinum, but at least I have no reason to put it back in my system.

Persona 4 Golden - I already said a lot in the Game Journal thread, but I wanted to add one complaint: I hate the epilogue; it completely ruins the ending in my opinion. The simple ending at the train station is such a perfect send off for the game, and every time I watch it I say I'm not going to get emotional. At first I succeed, but then your friends all start running after the train shouting their goodbyes and I can't help but get teary eyed every single time. Then the credits roll with the beautiful "Never More" playing.

But no, instead we have to go on to that stupid epilogue with Kanji and Naoto ruining their own characters, and the MESSAGE OF THE ENTIRE GAME, by deciding to go all 'normal'. Followed immediately by a horrible remix of "Never More" that sounds like it was recorded on a cell phone during a live performance in the middle of a crowd.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2015, 06:26:47 PM »

2. Freedom Wars
4.The Order 1886
5.Atelier Ayesha Plus
6. The Forest of Doom
7. Injustice: Gods Among Us
8. Infamous: First Light

9. Atelier Rorona Plus
I got my Pie ending which is the most important thing for me. I remember being one pie short from it when I played it on a friends PS3 years ago. Even though I wouldn't have gotten it anyway on the PS3 version due to the priority order with the endings it has always felt like unfinished business all these years.

10. Race the Sun
Really liked this. I wasn't expecting much but it really surprised me. These type of games are usually not my cup of tea but it was addictive as hell.

11. Ether One
The patch seemed to fix the worst bugs although loading from Pinwheel harbour to Pinwheel Village took so long I thought the game had crashed. Puzzles were fun for the most part and all areas other than the industrial area were easy to navigate.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: