Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2015, 07:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
362998 Posts in 14704 Topics by 2301 Members
Latest Member: FrustratedLeadingTone
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Is brand loyalty "worth it?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Is brand loyalty "worth it?"  (Read 2324 times)
Arvis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2015, 03:42:24 PM »

This is turning into an expensive handheld.

Still, I would own it if it could be both portable AND dedicated like that.  I guess I'm just spoiled by the full-budget, HD Mario, Smash, and Kart games.  I don't want to lose those.

Current RPG - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

I approve of this nonsense!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2015, 05:07:59 PM »

I'm not sure I understand the controller issue.  If the handheld is connected to the TV, isn't it the controller itself?  When I connected my PSP to my TV I didn't use a separate controller; my PSP controlled the action. 

Still, options are good.  Play on the go, or play at home.  I find myself playing games on my iPad and 3DS more than my PS3.

As for brand loyalty, I already answered that.  my brand loyalty pertains more to clothing than anything else.  Some brands of clothing are simply better sized and shaped to my body type. 

I have nothing funny to say.
glassjawsh
The One True Shitlord

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2015, 07:01:30 PM »

RE: Nintendo

It'll be a long walk off a very high bridge before Nintendo ever actually tanks. Unlike Sega and other companies that failed at the console hardware biz, Nintendo is nowhere near financial ruin. Let's remember that the Saturn did so poorly for Sega, they had to have a sugar daddy bail them out. Even if you consider the Wii U a flop (I prefer underperformer, since it doesn't lend itself to exaggeration), the 3DS makes money hand-over-fist, they had an enormously good run with the Wii and DS, and they'll continue to make their great hardware-software combo work.

I don't really think that Nintendo is in any financial trouble.  But I do think that if the Wii U continues to eat it as hard as it has (just over 10 million units in almost 3 years  puts it on pace to do worse than the N64 and the Gamecube.  Making it Nintendo's worst selling console ever.) and Playstation continues to trounce them in the home gaming market (PS4 has sold 15 million more units over a year less) that it would be a lot easier for them to look at the run-away success of their handhelds (as well as the rise of mobile gaming) and decide that that's where their future ultimately lays.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 02:10:30 AM »

I'm not sure I understand the controller issue.  If the handheld is connected to the TV, isn't it the controller itself?  When I connected my PSP to my TV I didn't use a separate controller; my PSP controlled the action. 

Still, options are good.  Play on the go, or play at home.  I find myself playing games on my iPad and 3DS more than my PS3.

As for brand loyalty, I already answered that.  my brand loyalty pertains more to clothing than anything else.  Some brands of clothing are simply better sized and shaped to my body type. 

The smart thing to do would be to have the handheld as de default controller, but offer a wireless controller as an alternative/to be used for multiplayer. Sold separately, of course.

Basically, the thing would be like a Vita TV with a screen and buttons, I guess.

mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2015, 03:58:28 AM »

An inferior controller. Functional? Yes. Ideal? No.
Arvis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2015, 10:01:41 AM »

An inferior controller. Functional? Yes. Ideal? No.

This.  Yes, I COULD play Smash on the 3DS.  But why?  Why when I have an HD option with the GC controller?  I don't want that option to die.

Also, as Tomara pointed out: local multiplayer?

Current RPG - Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: