Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2015, 10:22:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
349529 Posts in 14258 Topics by 2245 Members
Latest Member: Xanxos
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Misc. Gaming News Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] Print
Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic  (Read 48995 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: March 19, 2015, 09:26:27 PM »

Kojima is basically Konami's life support. He needs to leave the company so that they can pass away in peace.

I wonder what the future will hold.  Mobile Suikoden?  Compant merge? CapKonami... fuck.
Makes me sad as far as the fate of Suikoden and Castlevania.

Sold IPs hopefully, since they're otherwise languishing in Konami's catalog or, god forbid, doomed to become MM XOver/BoFVI style Mobile Shovelware.

Hopefully, somebody like Nintendo can get their hands on Castlevania so that they can include Simon Belmont into SSBV, as well as make an actual full-on Metroidvania where Samus Aran is actually exploring Dracula's Castle that somehow materialized on some distant planet or something.

Outside of a Kickstarter that would involve buying up the rights so that some of the original team can make a proper sequel, I can't imagine anyone doing anything exceptionally useful with the Suikoden IP.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: March 19, 2015, 10:09:32 PM »

Kojima is basically Konami's life support. He needs to leave the company so that they can pass away in peace.

They run more businesses than just the one of video games. And as much as a bullet to the heart this news are, hardcore Metal Gear fans (myself included) knew that this was gonna happen someday for a very, very long time. The shock however comes from how soon it happened given the bright future KojiPro has shown to have.

But either way, whatever Kojima and what might remain of KojiPro goes I'll follow them just like I've done when Shinji Mikami, Hideki Kamiya, etc. leave Capcom.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:52:06 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: March 26, 2015, 01:31:26 PM »

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/ys-vi-and-akibas-trip-undead-undressed-coming-to-pc-this-spring

Ys VI (and Akiba'strip) is getting a Steam release. Hopefully they're putting up the version with the anime cutscenes instead of the one we got on the PS2 with those fugly 3D CGI cutscenes (or, given XSeeD's general awesomesauciness, an option for either or).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: