Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2015, 09:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363462 Posts in 14727 Topics by 2302 Members
Latest Member: Eppie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The unofficial "recommend me a game" thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: The unofficial "recommend me a game" thread.  (Read 12783 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2015, 08:47:40 AM »

Guys... I'm bored 

Name something fun to play. I doubt I'll play it, but who knows, i'm really that bored.

Time and Eternity. :V

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2015, 03:08:03 PM »

Guys... I'm bored  

Name something fun to play. I doubt I'll play it, but who knows, i'm really that bored.

I swear I remember you saying that it was terrible. Ah well, let's see if lamestop has it cheap....

TASTY!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2015, 03:25:41 PM »

Guys... I'm bored  

I swear I remember you saying that it was terrible. Ah well, let's see if lamestop has it cheap....

Don't actually do this. I was kidding.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2015, 06:32:31 AM »

Guys... I'm bored 

For something actually fun, play Muramasa Rebirth and/or its DLC.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2015, 01:14:02 AM »

Guys... I'm bored 

For something actually fun, play Muramasa Rebirth and/or its DLC.
Nope, tried it a while back and didn't like it.

I actually downloaded Sword Art Online RE:Hollow Fragment. Anyone have any input regarding it or the original vita version?

TASTY!
OrsonFury

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2015, 10:39:40 AM »

Does the Record of Agarest War Series bundle include 2 or is it just 1 and 0? If it includes Record of Agarest War 2, then that is probably the game I would choose to replay out of those choices. It is the best of the Record of Agarest War series and I personally did not find La Pucelle or Stella Deus to be particularly amazing. No idea on which of the four games I would recommend if the bundle only has 1 and 0. I enjoyed 1, but it is extremely long and grindy. 0....is the weakest of the series.

I played a little bit of La Pucelle Tactics on my PS3 over the weekend. I was surprised that the PS2 classic game had English voice overs, so that was cool. The text looks a little bit fuzzy (resolution issue?) for my family room's widescreen TV.

Yeah, the PS store bundle includes 1, 2, and 0. I spent a majority of the weekend playing Agarest 1. So far it's not too bad, but ya a little grindy. Getting gold and EP takes a while. I would sell the silver ore for gold, but I find I need need that for the alchemy process. I do like upgrading my weapons and building gear in the alchemy section of the blacksmith. I like that my decisions influence my direction dark, neutral or light. I wish the battle menu was a little easier to select through, but overall I'm having fun time playing this game.

I myself will carry you to the gates of Valhalla... you will ride eternal, shiny and chrome! - Immortan Joe (Mad Max: Fury Road)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2015, 11:13:20 AM »

Please somebody give me a reason why I might find Dangonronpa underwhelming so I can save myself from buying it (or both) while it's on sale.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2015, 11:33:12 AM »

Please somebody give me a reason why I might find Dangonronpa underwhelming so I can save myself from buying it (or both) while it's on sale.

Its a VN.

Unless you're taking about that 3rd person shooter in which case, it wasn't actually all that good.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2015, 04:56:27 PM »

Well, I seem to be in the mood to do chores, so does anyone know of any good Free-to-play PC or Mobile game, preferably in the realm of RPGs and/or Strategy? I'll also accept card games so long as there it has they have some level of RPG mechanics to them.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2015, 07:47:02 PM »

My current F2P MMO is Echo of Soul published by Aeria. I've always appreciated how Aeria handles their freemium content, so that's the first plus. The game is a pretty standard MMO but the production value considering it's F2P is pretty fantastic. Honestly, the only problem is the combat which is fun, but it tries to combine fast-paced reactionary combat with an archaic hotbar UI making the controls a little wonky and the advanced boss battles incredibly frustrating.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2015, 08:58:03 AM »

My current F2P MMO is Echo of Soul published by Aeria. I've always appreciated how Aeria handles their freemium content, so that's the first plus. The game is a pretty standard MMO but the production value considering it's F2P is pretty fantastic. Honestly, the only problem is the combat which is fun, but it tries to combine fast-paced reactionary combat with an archaic hotbar UI making the controls a little wonky and the advanced boss battles incredibly frustrating.

It sounds neat, but I ended up having to pass. I guess I wanted something I want something different as far as Classes go and didn't realize it until I started looking around. I'm wondering if I should sign up for the Wildstar closed beta...in the meantime I found Hex: Shards of Fate in my bookmarks, and that's been alright so far. Enough to entertain me, at least.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: