Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2015, 09:12:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
349524 Posts in 14258 Topics by 2245 Members
Latest Member: Xanxos
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The unofficial "recommend me a game" thread.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: The unofficial "recommend me a game" thread.  (Read 6369 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2015, 06:56:28 PM »

I realize this might be idiotic (and, to be honest, I'm not even certain this is the right thread to post this in) but I'm strongly considering just buying Type-0 (and that sweet sweet XV demo) even though I don't have a PS4 and probably won't for at least a few months.  Have any of you ever done this? (purchased a game for a system you don't even own) and is it a completely stupid idea when I could just wait until...say September and probably save 20 dollars or more on the game?

My impulse control is turned off and the switch is broken...

If you have to have the demo, then yes, I'd actually do that since it's a First Print only thing. But if you're planning on getting a PS4 some time after FF15's out? Just wait.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2015, 12:30:36 PM »

I got a New 3ds XL for my birthday and I am trying to find some good games for it. I have previously had a 3ds and played the Fire Emblem games and FFTA games.  I am trying to find something good that is either strategy or a good story based turn based RPG. Anyone have any recommendations?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2015, 01:23:57 PM »

For turn-based + story I recommend Radiant Historia on the regular DS. Battle system is a little bit inspired by the strategy stuff and the story is all time travel stuff.

For strategy, I'd recommend either of the SMT Devil Survivor 3DS releases. The second one hasn't been released for 3DS yet, but it's coming soon so the first ought to hold you over until it does.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: