Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 08:12:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331698 Posts in 13580 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Today's News
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Today's News  (Read 56300 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: July 22, 2013, 06:15:58 PM »

This is like the Superbowl but for Brits and instead of spiking the ball the doctor spikes the baby
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: July 22, 2013, 06:27:50 PM »

@Kevadu: I was thinking in general when I posted that, but yeah I understand what are you saying.

Also late reply...

It sill amazes me in this day and age how awkward it feels to bring up video games in general conversation.

Sometimes it can be really weird to talk with someone that you know that play games but never understand what you are saying. Maybe I'm too "hardcore" about this sort of stuff for him/her. :|

...eh.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: July 22, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »

THE BABY JESUS IS COMING!!!

Well, that's what one would think with how the country is reacting, but no, it's just another woman living off the state giving birth to a baby.
And isn't the royal family pretty much just a formality nowadays? Do they actually have any power to DO anything? I'm still confused on that.

Charity I think.

I find it more comical that "peasants" are giving the royal family baby gifts... and yeah, I don't get how or why peopel lose their mind over this unless you're an old woman with nothing else in her life..... or whatever.  I like hearing about the Royal Family I guess -- but nothing I'd fawn over...  Ah well, hopefully Kate's baby will have a nice thick head of hair.

Dice the UK is a country populated entirely by old women with nothing else in their lives.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: July 22, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »

THE BABY JESUS IS COMING!!!

Well, that's what one would think with how the country is reacting, but no, it's just another woman living off the state giving birth to a baby.

HAHAHA

I never thought of the royal family as being on wellfare. Awesome
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: July 22, 2013, 09:55:02 PM »

It sill amazes me in this day and age how awkward it feels to bring up video games in general conversation. I can talk about this fucking itchild being born from the hotty-turned-princess Kate Middleton and feel fine, but talking about that awesome moment in the last of us when (any moment applies they're all awesome) is so scandalous. It saddens me that morons can slam games on the news about violence or feminists can call the misogynistic and the men who play them rapists in training, but why is having a discussion about that story point x game so awkwardly hush hush still?
It's especially true when your 38 and working in an office full of stuffy conservatives. I've been there 13 years now, and I can count on one hand how many times my gaming hobby has come up. Like on Monday morning when everyone's talking about their weekend activities. I might have just played through Journey, and want to tell the world how amazing it is, but no way would I bring it up. Blank stares and chirping crickets is all I'd get. Then get told how they climbed Pikes Peak or something.
Outside of the internet, I talk to my son about games, and on occasion my youngest brother. That's it. Definitely sucks when so many great games are worth talking about.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: July 22, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »

One time I went to lunch with some coworkers, and they were talking about anime and videogames, and I still didn't want to mention that I play videogames. Mostly because I don't want to show any personality.

Also I'm having a hard time not screaming at my test lead right now because he's completely fucking clueless about everything. Like, for example, he told me some server was down. Few hours later, he asks me what happens when that server goes down, and why I told him it was down when it wasn't.

WTF?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:06:11 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: July 22, 2013, 10:06:33 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19735432&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Anyone who's still on the fence about Zimmerman can get fucked

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: July 22, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »

That's nice but he still murdered a kid.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: July 22, 2013, 10:17:58 PM »

A kid who was on top of him beating him down and telling him he was going to die.

I find the tons of cries for vigilante justice and posting his address on twitter to be far more disgusting.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: July 22, 2013, 10:18:27 PM »

That's nice but he still murdered a kid.
Yes, that's what a murder does...finds a flipped SUV and helps save 4 people. I am seriously dumbfounded at how many people have sent this guy death threats and violent calls, meanwhile in spite of most of the ignorant americans and their idiocy he helps a family of 4 survive what could have been an incredibly deadly situation.

If this was simply a stunt he pulled to save face, he could have just donated a few thousand dollars to unicef.

TASTY!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: July 22, 2013, 10:19:03 PM »

The Zimmerman thing reminds me of the local case of Fredy Villanueva.
A cop ended up shooting a Hispanic kid who, with his 'gang', surrounded her and was about to get physical.
As the case went on, more and more info pilled up to show that the kid was far from being an angel.

Yet, it was obvious that some people didn't want to see that because to them, a cop shot a racial minority.
Of course, some parts are very grey akin to the ZImmerman story... but the similarity is that if those kids didn't get aggressive, they would both be alive today.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: July 22, 2013, 10:20:35 PM »

For reference:

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:43 PM »

Okay, so Roderick Scott murdered a kid too.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: July 22, 2013, 10:28:09 PM »

A kid who was on top of him beating him down and telling him he was going to die.

According to Hans Zimmerman...and no one else.  Funny how the only other witness was dead.  And Hans Zimmerman didn't even have the injuries to back it up, nor was any of this consistent with the events leading up to this supposed beating.

But ultimately it doesn't matter because Florida says you can shoot anyone you want so long as you feel threatened.  It's completely subjective!  That law was the only reason he was acquitted, because it's not up to lower courts to challenge the laws no matter how stupid they might be.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: July 22, 2013, 10:29:50 PM »

Wrong, Kevadu. There was a witness corroborating Zimmerman's account. Zimmerman also had cuts on the back of his head and a broken nose, consistent with the beating he says he got. Read up on the court case and watch the trial. It's all in there. Also, this case had nothign to do with Stand Your Ground. They argued traditional self defense.

Mesh: Kids who were breaking the law and assaulted other people. And 'kids' is a relative term, these were 17-year-olds, not preschoolers. They have the means to kill and were going to do so. At that age you already know what is right and wrong.

So at what point were these men allowed to defend themselves? When they were irreparably hurt? When they were bleeding out? Where they were dead?

I'm not going to say these kids deserved to die, but I'm not going to be shedding any tears for delinquents.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:34:04 PM by Ashton » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: