Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 09:25:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327460 Posts in 13408 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Today's News
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: Today's News  (Read 48705 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2012, 12:08:06 PM »

I know I'm focusing on the wrong thing here, but the moron really didn't think to take the condom out of the baby's mouth, yet still defends that he didn't do it and used a logic of "the 15 week old baby who probably couldn't hold her own head up, managed to crawl out of a bed, fall a couple feet without dying as a 15 week old baby, and then pick up and put a condom in her mouth, and choked to death on it."?

I fear for the future of the U.S.....we're seriously getting more retarded each day.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »

fisticuffs break out in a Pho restaurant in toronto! (made hilarious by the costumes)

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/29/youtube-video-of-fight-at-chinatown-restaurant-pho-xe-lua-in-toronto-goes-viral

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2012, 07:38:49 PM »

A replica of the HMS Bounty was sunk in the hurricane.

Why on earth were they sailing the Bounty in a hurricane?  If I was in that crew I would have mutinied.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2012, 10:55:27 AM »

3 new seasons of Cities of Gold
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-mysterious-cities-of-gold/21589/trailer-here-for-new-season-of-the-mysterious-cities-of-gold

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2012, 12:32:36 PM »

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/it-s-official-dr-dre-is-the-richest-man-in-music_3395365

Between Beats by Dre and Dr. Pepper, the dude doesn't have to put out another album.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: December 01, 2012, 03:49:17 PM »

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2012, 11:36:47 AM »

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/it-s-official-dr-dre-is-the-richest-man-in-music_3395365

Between Beats by Dre and Dr. Pepper, the dude doesn't have to put out another album.

I love that their photo for the article is a full shot of Sean Combs with only the top of Dre's head making an appearance the background.

On another note; Dre got super buff this past decade. That totally took me by surprise.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2012, 03:09:30 AM »

That totally took me by surprise.

Shit you're right.

I wish I was super rich and could devote 3+ hours to being in a gym each day.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2012, 02:40:59 PM »

http://www.destructoid.com/mass-effect-and-more-attacked-over-school-shooting-240657.phtml

So CNN directs an angry mob to the wrong person's Facebook account and the mob notices that person (the wrong person...) liked Mass Effect.  Since it's obvious that liking a video game is indisputable evidence that the game is the sole motivating factor behind any horrible acts of violence you (or in this case, someone else...) commit, the angry mob starts  harassing Bioware telling them to burn in hell.

Yup, this is where society is at.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »

Pft, society had ALWAYS been like this. It's nothing new. Witch hunts are called witch hunts for a reason. :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »

http://www.destructoid.com/mass-effect-and-more-attacked-over-school-shooting-240657.phtml

So CNN directs an angry mob to the wrong person's Facebook account and the mob notices that person (the wrong person...) liked Mass Effect.  Since it's obvious that liking a video game is indisputable evidence that the game is the sole motivating factor behind any horrible acts of violence you (or in this case, someone else...) commit, the angry mob starts  harassing Bioware telling them to burn in hell.

Yup, this is where society is at.
I seriously hope one day, a significantly important figure in government who helps resolve a disastrous problem using peaceful methods blames video games for his desire to avoid conflict. 23 years of playing video games and all I've ever wished to do because of them is heroic deeds.

My favorite is how of ALL fucking video games to blame for mass murder, they use Mass Effect 3, a game where you are trying to save the lives of galaxies worth of people. You go so far as to sacrifice yourself to end a conflict, but yeah, ME3 promotes killing innocent kids. He must have thought they were Volus, right?

TASTY!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »

Christ, that is ridiculous.  I think it broke my stupidity meter, in fact.  It reminds me of a conversation I had with my (self-described) hippie uncle a few months ago:  He said that video games should be banned because they involve 'symbolic murder' and this encourages children to commit acts of real violence.  I held my tongue because I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to avoid yelling if we got into that subject, but given that he's made his career as an actor and singer I seriously considered suggesting that plays and operas should be banned since those involve a form of 'symbolic murder' that will seem more real to an individual than any 'murder' in a virtual world.

I honestly think that people that suggest that we should ban video games -- or what the hell ever -- because that will theoretically reduce violence don't understand what that means.  In the US, at least, bans are enforced by sending police to shoot up peoples' houses if they're suspected of possessing something banned.  (Say, marijjuana.)  I love the logic that says banning X *might* reduce violence, therefore we should order police to bring in anyone possessing it dead or alive thereby guaranteeing additional violence.

EDIT: On a lighter note, the term 'alleged analyst' is awesome.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:41:21 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »

What's even better about it is that video games are just interactive forms of the tv shows we watch. In theory, tv is the culprit behind video games...and who controls tv? The same people who damn video games. Obviously, corporate bigwigs are tired of video games cutting in on profits to be made off network television.

TASTY!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2013, 12:54:38 PM »

http://paritynews.com/government/item/552-anonymous-files-petition-to-make-ddos-legal-form-of-protest

This kinda makes sense in a sick twisted way actually.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2013, 01:06:33 PM »

It is an interesting angle. However I'd argue that the reason distributed denial-of-service attacks are not okay is that from a practical standpoint this is the same as physically denying entry to a place of business you are protesting. Which is not legal.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: