Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 07:45:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327271 Posts in 13401 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Today's News
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54 Print
Author Topic: Today's News  (Read 48068 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2013, 01:19:58 PM »

Probably one of five moments in history (between now and the end of time) where people actually cheered cops in the streets.

That'll change by next week by the first ticket someone gets.

Lol.

Well, let's just hope that it's only a ticket that results in the change in attitude rather than anything more serious.
ZshadeZ

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2013, 01:14:26 PM »

Simcity and the ongoing love for EA... as the new 2.0 patch fails to patch things.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/04/22/the-power-of-silence-why-the-simcity-story-went-away/
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2013, 01:26:51 PM »

Why witch hunts are bad:

Missing Brown University student's family dragged into virally fueled false accusation in Boston
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/19/17826915-missing-brown-university-students-family-dragged-into-virally-fueled-false-accusation-in-boston
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: April 24, 2013, 03:44:57 PM »

A prison inmate gets four guards pregnant amidst a massive corruption scandal...

You can't make this shit up.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: April 24, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »

A prison inmate gets four guards pregnant amidst a massive corruption scandal...

You can't make this shit up.

This is a bit on the side, but as I grow older and read more of the crazy shit that goes on in the world (like that one for example), I find that I understand Gendo from Evangelion more and more. There is no "God's in his heaven, all's right with the world" and without one, I don't think it's going to get better anytime soon.

/cynicism
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2013, 06:18:06 PM »

how the hell are none of these women on the pilland who is this romeo who "won their hearts"???

jesus h...

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »

how the hell are none of these women on the pilland who is this romeo who "won their hearts"???

jesus h...

My father worked in law enforcement for a while and spoke to me about one particular meeting with a jailer; the guy estimated that about half of the female guards on staff were having affairs with prisoners.  Easy pickings and all.  But yeah, it's odd that those women didn't have the sense to be on contraception.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:30:54 AM by Desert Walker » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »

Oh my god, people have sex.

Thanks, Obama.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2013, 10:41:04 PM »

Oh man imagine being a middle easterner about to open an IDK Lebanese restaurant or something right now, and you have a real need for a shitload of pressure cookers.

Awwwkwaaaaaard.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: April 25, 2013, 09:33:23 AM »

Oh man imagine being a middle easterner about to open an IDK Lebanese restaurant or something right now, and you have a real need for a shitload of pressure cookers.

Awwwkwaaaaaard.

Williams & Sonoma have announced that they're going to pull pressure cookers from their shelves for a couple of weeks in Massachusetts in respect for those who were injured by the bombing; personally I think that's extremely silly, I can't imagine anyone being offended and/or traumatized by seeing a pressure cooker on the shelf.  I wonder if they hope hardware stores in Massachusetts are going to pull all the nails from their shelves for a couple of weeks in a similar gesture of respect.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 09:35:10 AM by Desert Walker » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: April 25, 2013, 01:52:23 PM »

Awwwkwaaaaaard.

Williams & Sonoma have announced that they're going to pull pressure cookers from their shelves for a couple of weeks in Massachusetts in respect for those who were injured by the bombing; personally I think that's extremely silly, I can't imagine anyone being offended and/or traumatized by seeing a pressure cooker on the shelf.  I wonder if they hope hardware stores in Massachusetts are going to pull all the nails from their shelves for a couple of weeks in a similar gesture of respect.

For goodness sakes I hope that's not true.  When did/do people get so easily scared?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2013, 02:24:16 PM »

The day terrorists won.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2013, 10:34:40 PM »

BTW if I felt like putting on my conspiracy theorist hat, I think the worst possible case for the Boston bombings is if the bombers were not, in fact, Muslim radicals, but were acting on behalf of the Russian government in an attempt to get the US to crack down on Chechnya.

Conspiracy or not, though, I am pretty concerned about Russia using this as an excuse to invade Chechnya again. Because if history's told us anything, Russia really fucking loves invading the Caucasus and it's been like five years since the last time they did.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 10:37:43 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2013, 01:01:14 PM »

Awwwkwaaaaaard.

For goodness sakes I hope that's not true.  When did/do people get so easily scared?

It is true, I verified the original story going around on Facebook with a Google search and several news sites popped up with the info.  Truthfully, I think it's silly precisely because no one is likely to get offended or traumatized by seeing a pressure cooker in one of their stores.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: April 27, 2013, 06:28:08 PM »

Hey, my dad was raped and murdered by a pressure cooker back in Vietnam. I don't care if it's racist, I want those things out of my America >:C

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: