Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 08:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331879 Posts in 13590 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Today's News
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Today's News  (Read 56731 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »

What are you talking about, I totally own him.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: May 05, 2013, 12:22:37 PM »

*sigh* I've lost count of all the "studies" of what a bunch of people around the world has enjoyed for years. Like, eating healthy food is good for you and other dumb stuff like that.

Also, a life surrounded by alcohol and sex sounds pretty shitty in retrospective even if is enjoyable in the moment... but hey, what the fuck do I know.

Man you take everything way too seriously. It was posted tongue in cheek and sex/booze can easily be juxtaposed with games/food or sleep/reading and an article that basically says "if you do what you want you'll be happier!" is ridiculous.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: May 05, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »

*sigh* I've lost count of all the "studies" of what a bunch of people around the world has enjoyed for years. Like, eating healthy food is good for you and other dumb stuff like that.

Also, a life surrounded by alcohol and sex sounds pretty shitty in retrospective even if is enjoyable in the moment... but hey, what the fuck do I know.

Man you take everything way too seriously. It was posted tongue in cheek and sex/booze can easily be juxtaposed with games/food or sleep/reading and an article that basically says "if you do what you want you'll be happier!" is ridiculous.

It's a discussion topic, not necessarily meaning we have to respond all like "lol, fucken A+, that was ill-arious Yoda, good one!!.
I'm passed my hardcore party days anyways.  I'll have a few beers. but I don't get shitfaced anymore because I don't enjoy the stupor (I certainly don't prefer beer over a game or shop session). And I'm sure I'd hate myself if I prioritized sex and alcohol over the enjoyment I get from my actual and personal hobbies; sex is a helluva perk but I don't count the minutes till the next time I get it.  Granted, I don't speak for everyone, so if the majority love sex the most than that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess (I was merely offering my input earlier and now).

The list itself is just a pretty whack, it sounds like they asked the local college to respond.  "I love sex and booze; I hate studying, cleaning, going to lecture, and being sick".  I'm surprised about "gaming" (guess I wasn't aware so many people in "their demographic" game), "meditating and religion" is awfully vague and, oddly coupled, and also surprisingly high-ranked (and poorly explained from this type of survey).  The rest are DUH -- like going to work, class, and commuting sucking ass.  I don't doubt sex and drinking can be pleasurable, but I also don't like the article because it shows 20 of only 30 potentially un/pleasurable items that people could select, and again, we have no demographic which could tell about half the story too (and also, how does one become part of a "cell-phoned sample"?).

....how the fuck is "eating" not on the list? >=/

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: May 05, 2013, 01:05:50 PM »

The only reason the concept of pissing your life away drinking and fucking doesn't sound desireable is because you know you can't support said lifestyle. If you were a multimillionaire (or a hippie bum), you'd probably have a very different outlook on life to begin with, and much less concern regarding things like responsibility, the driving force behind us not simply catering to our own primal desires all the time.

To be fair though, I do not like drinking much, myself.

TASTY!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 05, 2013, 01:31:09 PM »

I like booze, sex, and being married. Am I weird?
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: May 05, 2013, 01:32:58 PM »

The stupid fucking thing doesn't say "a life dominated by drinking and fucking is the singular root of happiness." It says that a group of horny asshole college aged kids think so to which I said "DUH."

No shit one shouldn't spend all of their faculties in one area. I enjoy sex, and I do booze it up (maybe too frequently), but I also walk to the damn lake and stare at it for an hour and walk back every now and then.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: May 05, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »

The stupid fucking thing doesn't say "a life dominated by drinking and fucking is the singular root of happiness." It says that a group of horny asshole college aged kids think so to which I said "DUH."

No shit one shouldn't spend all of their faculties in one area. I enjoy sex, and I do booze it up (maybe too frequently), but I also walk to the damn lake and stare at it for an hour and walk back every now and then.

Horny college kids ranked taking care of kids as fifth??  Uh-oh.
New Zealand has some other problems then. x)

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: May 05, 2013, 02:45:16 PM »

New Zealand has some other problems then. x)

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: May 05, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »

http://www.anorak.co.uk/336316/tv/all-of-murrays-new-zealand-tourism-posters-from-flight-of-the-conchords.html/
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: May 05, 2013, 02:57:24 PM »

Man you take everything way too seriously.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 04:18:20 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: May 05, 2013, 06:52:05 PM »

I don't know what to think about this...

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: May 05, 2013, 09:17:58 PM »

It's real simple, this guy wants to tell the government to fuck off by giving idiots abroad a way to create a death-dealing device that can go anywhere. Even better is anyone actually giving this guy some form of press coverage to further spread his idea and concept.

Congrats man, you've got the new terrorist weapon of choice, AND it's eco-friendly.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: May 05, 2013, 10:17:50 PM »

Doesn't it break after three shots?

Aren't you better off with a 3D printed knife?

Or just a normal knife?

Or a pressure cooker? And I don't even mean a pressure cooker bomb I just mean beating someone to death with a pressure cooker.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: May 05, 2013, 10:48:49 PM »

Aww, that's not all of them though!  Where's the "New Zealand Rocks" ones? x)

pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2013, 03:00:29 AM »

Merica.

Dude needs to make an Iron Man suit.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: