Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
Re: Today In The News
« Reply #2235 on: September 08, 2017, 05:57:32 PM »
And given the patience and understanding the dude displayed in this whole scenario means he's quite the keeper as well. 

And please tell me I'm not the only one who thought about that particular Dumb and Dumber scene.
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: September 19, 2017, 09:58:10 PM »
I can't believe how dumb the NYTimes is, like it's basically bad 4chan trolling,, and that's it.

"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: September 19, 2017, 10:10:39 PM »
Oh?

I mean, there are some legitimate complaints about the NY Times of today to be had, but I don't know exactly how it would compare to 4Chan.

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #2238 on: September 22, 2017, 12:13:26 PM »
Danny Trejo is the man.  I love the way he calls out actors who insist on doing their own stunts (including a particularly douchey one recently whom he does not mention by name.)  https://www.yahoo.com/movies/danny-trejo-calls-big-stars-insist-stunts-ahem-tom-cruise-202009269.html

And for a more serious minded news story, it's an absolute crying shame that politics and our broken health care system is causing the rampant shutdown of rural hospitals all across the US.  The underprivileged are the ones who most direly need health care yet are the ones getting it taken away from them.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rural-hospitals-closure-georgia_us_59c02bf4e4b087fdf5075e38
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:06:25 PM by Dincrest »
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: September 23, 2017, 03:11:22 PM »
Oh?

I mean, there are some legitimate complaints about the NY Times of today to be had, but I don't know exactly how it would compare to 4Chan.

Well certainly the comments are, and if they don't filter them which they haven't it's really similar to 4chan.

Anyway started to watch yet another cop bait a helpless abused sub-group minority into acting angry enough to murder them... those are all 1st degree felony murders quite simply, not complicated. 

Every cop in uniform currently and in every state etc frankly deserves to just be arrested and life in prison, actually that would be the kindest possible fate for them. If they get that, they can thank their lucky stars.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that no cop in history in any country, especially in the US, has ever done anything good, ever, and never will. They all just need to go, not helping anything.

They're just the enforcer/military wing of the Trumpites and Trumpettes, comparable to the SS in Nazi Germany and the Gestapo.

AND NOT A SINGLE EXCEPTION.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: September 23, 2017, 03:13:18 PM »
You really need to keep stupid inflammatory comments like that to yourself Arti.

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: September 23, 2017, 03:13:37 PM »
You really need to keep stupid inflammatory comments like that to yourself Arti.

I really don't, and it's not stupid.

In fact, I'll expand, every cop that was ever in uniform from 1945-2017, they need to go after these worthless retirees in Florida or wherever the heck they might be hiding.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: September 23, 2017, 03:15:07 PM »

I really don't, and it's not stupid.

In fact, I'll expand, every cop that was ever in uniform from 1945-2017, they need to go after these worthless retirees in Florida or wherever the heck they might be hiding.

Okay, enjoy your ban for 3 days. Further comments after that are going to get you a permaban.

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #2243 on: September 23, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »
I don't get that blind level of "cop hatred."  I mean, sure, there are ogre/bully cops that pull rank or profile you, but most don't want to ruin your day at all.  The coworkers and subs I've gotten along with best were retired officers.  They simply want to keep communities safe and make sure laws are upheld, or it would be total chaos.  And you could say this about any profession.  Yes, there are some teachers that should not be in the classroom, but most are in it for the right reasons.  Mechanics?  Yeah, there are those who will take monetary advantage of your ignorance but many are honest (because if you screw over enough customers, word will get around and you're toast.)

I've been pulled over by the police several times and every time, 100% without fail, it was because I did something wrong (be it speeding, missing a stop sign, etc.)  And even then, my encounters with them were always pleasant, even in the middle of nowhere.  A couple times I was caught speeding, I should have gotten hefty fines and points on my license, but the police always let me off with a warning or a lesser offense.  Racial profiling and all that is all over the news, but in the 20+ years I've been driving, I have not been racially profiled by the police.  And I'm not a blond-haired, blue-eyed white male by any stretch.  However, I am always respectful. 

In general, as long as you're not a jerk to the police, they won't be a jerk to you.  And if your house is burglarized, your best friend is shot, or a drunk driver smashes into your car, who are you going to call for help if there are no police? 

I think back to 2015 when I was doing the ACS bike-a-thon.  My legs had cramped up to the point where they went completely stiff and I had to force my knees bent so I could sit on a guardrail and let the lactic acid work its way out of my legs.  The police officer manning a nearby intersection went out of his way to make sure I was okay, even fetching me a large bottle of Gatorade.  I cannot thank him enough.  And I believe one of the founders of my bicycle club is an ex-officer and one of our sponsors is a police department.  An important mission of our club, both on and off our bikes, is to advocate bicycle safety so that riders, motorists, pedestrians, everyone is safe.  And the only way we can advocate for better vehicular safety legislation and all is to have the police on our side, and we do because we are sticklers for riding safely, always paying heed to the laws, and setting a positive example. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 06:17:10 PM by Dincrest »

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: September 23, 2017, 09:14:32 PM »
That level of blind hatred is not justified towards any group of people.

...except maybe Nazis.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: September 24, 2017, 05:31:08 AM »
Drunken D. rant time.

On the one hand, punishing Arti for having an opinion about cops (regardless of narrow minded it is) isn't exactly what I would call fair. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and most of us don't wanna know about anyone else's (also, most stink or and are just full of shit). Doesn't mean we oughta throw the book at someone for having a shitty asshole or opinion...

On the other hand Arti's fucking opinion is almost troll worthy in how it's obviously an attempt to rile people up with no intellectual backing. My uncle was a cop for 20 year and he's one of the most respectable men I know. I have friends who are cops and they've probably done more good in the last 48 hours than Arti'll do in the next 48 months. Seriously, get the hell out of your 3 square block perimeter and experience more than the Olive Garden and reddit can show you. If I were a more easily upset person I'd probably be using more.foul language and insults but thankfully I'm fairly toasted after a long evening and this caught me before I passed out...

@goosey, you're a strict mod, but a good one too. Keep at it sir!

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: September 24, 2017, 06:09:59 AM »
In general I don't think I'm a very strict mod, I don't think most people here have ever had me ban them or threaten them with a ban. Most of my duties really just involve clearing away the spam.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: September 25, 2017, 11:22:17 AM »
In general I don't think I'm a very strict mod, I don't think most people here have ever had me ban them or threaten them with a ban. Most of my duties really just involve clearing away the spam.

^ this. You tolerated Ygg for MONTHS when most other admins would have punted him.

Also,  because of their position of authority, police are absolutely open to be more heavily scrutinized than almost everyone else.  All too often you see police think the opposite, like they should be above scrutiny (and that's really really scary when your job so often puts people's lives in your hands).

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 25, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »
On the other hand Arti's fucking opinion is almost troll worthy in how it's obviously an attempt to rile people up with no intellectual backing.

This is why she was given a 3-day ban. Not because she had an unpopular opinion.  Her post was blatant antagonism.  She was just trying to make people angry, since she was obviously really angry about something herself.  That kind of behavior justifies a ban.

That level of blind hatred is not justified towards any group of people.

...except maybe Nazis.

^ Also this.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Frostillicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: September 25, 2017, 02:36:46 PM »
Art's like an angry old guy who publicly rants about nonsense that irritates him.