Author Topic: Today In The News

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: Today In The News
« Reply #2250 on: October 02, 2017, 09:36:10 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/storyline/las-vegas-shooting/amp/las-vegas-police-investigating-shooting-mandalay-bay-n806461

Worst shooting in US history...isn't this the 4th time we've changed that in like 10 years? At this rate, Trump will be the least of the USA's problems before long.

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: October 02, 2017, 09:54:08 AM »
I'm not really political but

1) Why is this political?  Don't feel like it should be.

2) Too many people are nervously waiting details on the shooter's religion and voting history before deciding how they will react to this.  That's messed up.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Chronix112

• Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi
  • Unlimited Insomniac Works
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: October 02, 2017, 03:06:25 PM »

2) Too many people are nervously waiting details on the shooter's religion and voting history before deciding how they will react to this.  That's messed up.
So far it seems like the guy just wasn't all there in the head, and snapped. Turns out his father wasn't the quite the model citizen either.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2017/10/02/las-vegas-shooters-father-was-a-bank-robber-and-on-the-fbis-most-wanted-list/?utm_term=.6c8de948809a
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:09:54 PM by Chronix112 »

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: October 02, 2017, 03:36:30 PM »

It's political because there is one political party that is absolutely adamant that we shouldn't actually do anything to prevent the problem.

And no, the only alternative is to not "take away everyone's guns".  There are basic common sense safety measures we could take that in polling are supported by 90% of the population but a certain party (guess which one!) absolutely refuses to even consider.

I agree that this shouldn't be political.  But it is.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: October 02, 2017, 03:42:23 PM »
There are basic common sense safety measures we could take that in polling are supported by 90% of the population but a certain party (guess which one!) absolutely refuses to even consider.

When I quote this to my gun-toting brother his (deathly serious and sincere) response is: "No, because restrictions will make it easier for The Big Bad Government (I'm paraphrasing here) to take away Muh Freedom and control me etc etc"

I think a lot of people feel that way.  They just live in constant fear of The Government and guns makes them feel like they have some kind of safety or control.  It really makes me sad.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: October 02, 2017, 04:30:25 PM »
When are people gonna understand that people who wanna use something like a gun or a bomb aren't gonna let something like the law stop them? Seriously, they plan on committing mass murder, what's fucking petty larceny or assault with deadly force to them at this point? Gun control is stupid. Take away a gun, a person will make a more dangerous weapon to get his or her job done.

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: October 02, 2017, 04:39:13 PM »
But that isn't the case in countries that have banned guns.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: October 02, 2017, 04:42:56 PM »
Can't have guns to steal if there are none in a country. The idea of getting all the unlicensed, unregistered firearms out of the US is about as plausible as actually preventing voter fraud in the US, as plausible as dealing with the obesity epidemic, as plausible as actually impeaching this sack of cheetoh fucking dust and bird nest remnants president we have without him committing an actual war crime...

Welcome to greed, where money beats civil ...no, human decency any day.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: October 02, 2017, 04:45:37 PM »
Can't have guns to steal if there are none in a country. The idea of getting all the unlicensed, unregistered firearms out of the US is about as plausible as actually preventing voter fraud in the US, as plausible as dealing with the obesity epidemic, as plausible as actually impeaching this sack of cheetoh fucking dust and bird nest remnants president we have without him committing an actual war crime...

3 out of 4 of those things are plausible...

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: October 02, 2017, 04:56:25 PM »

3 out of 4 of those things are plausible...
In any kind of timeline where we still live, not a chance in the USA. The corruption in this nation is probably the only worlwide statistic we excel at.

TASTY!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: October 03, 2017, 03:24:59 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/media/353637-trump-compares-hurricane-maria-katrina-death-counts%3Famp

Well, if this doesn't get people up in arms about this fucking idiot nothing will...fucking giving Peurto Rico crap for having a hurricane? Oh jeez, Peurto Rico, you're really ruining my weekend here having a hurricane and shit. Katrina was worse anyway, not like you had thousands of deaths....

What is wrong with this fucking moron?

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: October 03, 2017, 03:56:56 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/media/353637-trump-compares-hurricane-maria-katrina-death-counts%3Famp

Well, if this doesn't get people up in arms about this fucking idiot nothing will...fucking giving Peurto Rico crap for having a hurricane? Oh jeez, Peurto Rico, you're really ruining my weekend here having a hurricane and shit. Katrina was worse anyway, not like you had thousands of deaths....

Hurricanes only devastate countries filled with losers!

oh... wait...

He might as well be talking shit about Wisconsin

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: October 03, 2017, 04:03:24 PM »

Hurricanes only devastate countries filled with losers!

oh... wait...

Next plane I wanna pull is his...with him on it...right into the fucking ocean.

TASTY!

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: October 03, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »

No, Wisconsin is a state and therefore votes in presidential elections.  Puerto Rico, being a territory, does not and is therefore completely irrelevant to Trump.  The man is completely incapable of basic empathy or compassion.  The only thing he ever thinks about is how to benefit himself.