Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 01:49:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327337 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Your biggest gaming addiction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Your biggest gaming addiction  (Read 3363 times)
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »

When I first played Morrowind on the XBOX it was the first truly open world game i played and, I'm not sure I was quite "addicted" but, I remember literally not being able to stop until 7am at times...

FF: Tactic got me pretty bad too... there was always a member who needed a few more job points.

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 10:38:15 PM »

Rune Factory and Monster Hunter Tri for recent ones. We're talking 8+ hours sessions with few, if any, breaks for the bathroom, or even eating. Of course, Pokemon's always been a big thing for me, too, and I really got into Final Fantasy XIII-2 back in March. Otherwise I haven't really been "addicted" to gaming since I was a little kid...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 08:36:40 AM »

Back in the day it was Pokemon.  I sank hundreds of hours into Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold and Silver (Red and Gold in particular).  After that I graduated to Morrowind and sank entire summer vacations into that game.  I've also spent a lot of time replaying MGS 2 for dog tags and such.  Also, Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black.  I was so happy to have a game that was designed to give me a challenge that I spent a lot of time replaying that game on various difficulty levels and experimenting with different weapons.  Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 also come to mind.  When I get my PS3 (in early-mid July) I am quite confident that the MGS collection and LittleBigPlanet are going to suck away my time.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:39:24 AM by Desert Walker » Logged
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 08:37:25 AM »

Sadly I think buying games is my biggest game addiction :(

but in terms of playing, Recently I could not stop playing Kid Icarus uprising. So much loot and achievements to unlock. And the multiplayer just kept that game going forever, I am still only about 85%  done with it.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »

SMT Imagine was my first MMO, and it hooked me hard. We had a solid guild from an SMT community, and I was in charge, so I was playing pretty much nonstop.
(The guild is still active[BlackSun], and I still play from time to time.)

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »

SMT Imagine was my first MMO, and it hooked me hard. We had a solid guild from an SMT community, and I was in charge, so I was playing pretty much nonstop.
(The guild is still active[BlackSun], and I still play from time to time.)

Is there a linear plot that's worth anything along the level grind? I'm toying with the idea of playing through this one.

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »

Sadly I think buying games is my biggest game addiction :(

I've been there before.  Fortunately, I've found that realizing that I'm swimming in an ocean of games and torn between trying to run three + different games at once or having to make some tough choices on what to play allows me to slow down.

On a different note, I forgot to mention earlier that Ocarina of Time sucked countless hours out of my life as a teenager.  I spent a lot of time re-playing that game and simply roaming around and messing with random things. (Damn chickens...)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 07:38:52 PM »

I played all three Mass Effects, DLC included, back to back this spring. And I played ME3 a second time right away, plus countless hours of multiplayer.

Couple summers ago I played some 6-7 MegaTen games in a row including Persona 3&4, Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne etc. I was so SMT fried after.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »

There was a time when I played tekken 5 and then 6 non stop for like 2-3 months. Got to the point where I had a ridiculously offensive and speedy Kuma, not because I was that good with him, but because I started learning other characters to know what I could prevent using the bear. It was at the point where I would challenge people blindfolded just based on who they picked, especially Eddy and Christie, but I had to leave it on 2 rounds, cuz people would pick up on my patterns. I miss those days, but I EVENTUALLY got sort of bored playing it.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 11:10:54 PM »

Probably UT.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 02:11:32 PM »

For me it's pretty rare to play long gaming sessions, normally even if I love the game when it's about to reach the 3 hours mark I need to take a break, with very few exceptions.

So my biggest addiction was Star Wars: Kights of the Old Repuplic. I remember clearly I played it for 3 days straight, from the moment I got up to the moment I went to sleep. I think I even skipped dinner most of the times.

Other games that came close to it were Final Fantasy X and FF Tactcis.

Recent games that I had a similar feeling, but not through the entire game but just a few gaming sessions were Fallout 3, Dragon Age Origins, Portal 2 and Tales of Vesperia.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 05:27:00 AM »

*cough*

yep thats hours/minutes/seconds

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 09:38:58 AM »

I played all three Mass Effects, DLC included, back to back this spring. And I played ME3 a second time right away, plus countless hours of multiplayer.

Couple summers ago I played some 6-7 MegaTen games in a row including Persona 3&4, Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne etc. I was so SMT fried after.

you're a sucker for sequential gaming!
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2012, 12:50:32 PM »

I've played Symphony of the Night damn near fifty times from start to finish.  Considering how rarely I re-beat games I enjoy, I'd say that counts as an addiction. :P

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2012, 01:19:43 PM »

you're a sucker for sequential gaming!

I am. The worst was playing P3 and 4 back to back... I was so mentally checked out by the time I unlocked P4's true ending dungeon. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: