Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:11:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319175 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Confess your deepest and darkest secrets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Confess your deepest and darkest secrets  (Read 5332 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2012, 09:23:50 PM »

I shot the sheriff...but I did not shoot the deputy.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »

Age, smage.  I'm 34 but people think I'm 24-26 because, thanks to healthy living, I look pretty young.  As for Carly Rae Jepsen, she's pretty cute.  Then again, most female pop singers are.  Not gonna lie, I wonder if she goes for aggressive punk/metal bass players:P  Hey, if Nergal from the black/death metal band Behemoth could hook up with a Polish pop star...

On another note, a punked out version of "It's Raining Men" would be a hilariously awesome moshpit anthem, especially during summertime in a hot and sweaty basement show. 
Neal, you can definitely tell where your mind is at lately. Almost every single post of yours somehow ends up being about or involving music. I wonder...have you been playing any games lately? Just curious. The music scene seems to be keeping you mega busy.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:43:44 AM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »

Hey man, it's no secret that any good game is at least 4 parts great music. Let Dincrest rock man, he may be the man behind the next great video game soundtrack.

TASTY!
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2012, 09:53:16 PM »

I shot the sheriff...but I did not shoot the deputy.

Sorry...... :(

I play MMO's like some people smoke crack.

I love Mumford and Sons....but that's not really a DARK secret. It's something that everyone should be in agreement with.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2012, 10:50:26 PM »

Grim- To be honest, I was a bit disillusioned with gaming until I went to E3.  Now I'm totally reenergized about it, and I think the sheer volume of articles I wrote for E3 punctuates that.  One of my reviews for an indie RPG recently went up, and I have a few other pieces of writing brewing as well.  Of ORcs and Men, Ni No Kuni, Dust, even Mugen Souls... yeah I'm excited about gaming again.

But, yes, music's keeping me quite busy.  My band's playing a huge show tomorrow and July we have a handful of shows and we're recording a full-length album.  There is breaking news regarding my band, but I'm more or less sworn to secrecy on it.  And even if I wasn't in a band, I'm friends with so many bands/musicians that summer is the time when there's shows galore and I have to plan out which shows I will go to so I can lend my support wherever I can.  Especially since it's cycling season again, and I have to plan out my "epic" rides (i.e. those 25 miles or longer).  So, yeah, summers get crazy for me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 10:56:32 PM by Dincrest » Logged

I approve of this nonsense!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2012, 12:09:02 AM »

Don't forget, you need to mack it with them fine young ladies so you can make that legendary sword of yours, hurr hurr.

TASTY!
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2012, 01:07:24 AM »

My deepest...darkest secret is the happy little bush that I drew down in that corner. If you tell anyone about it I will fucking kill you...

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2012, 01:12:03 AM »

My deepest...darkest secret is the happy little bush that I drew down in that corner. If you tell anyone about it I will fucking kill you...
His secret is he plays ffxi. He's ashamed of it and he knows it. Shun him like the filth ridden leper he is.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2012, 01:54:45 AM »

That call me maybe song doesn't annoy me so much as the Internet meme it's spawned. I've only heard the song like 2-3 times ever so it's hard to get annoyed by it anyway. But it's never a song I'd seek out and put on my iPhone.

My secret is I hate Mass Effect.

I got nothin.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2012, 02:28:18 AM »

I must confess that I've never even heard this "call me maybe" song you're all talking about.  Not once.  Sometimes I feel like I live in a bubble totally isolated from pop culture...

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2012, 03:36:36 PM »

Never heard of it either.  I looked it up on youtube and the video was funny, well, the end of it was =P

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2012, 10:39:35 PM »

My new confession is I'm addicted to Civ 5. Before it was Civ 4. Today I was the KING OF SWEDEN and I beat up the Queen of Austria with cannons. It was lovely. She was afraid of me and I demanded Citrus and SHE CAVED!

Mwahaha.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2012, 01:56:47 AM »

^drunk on power

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2012, 02:30:17 AM »

Guys, I'm sorry.... It was me.... I let the dogs out. :(

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2012, 02:36:19 AM »

I secretly think I have the power to influence future events. I spent the last few days brooding about a job I would have to do tomorrow and monday, wishing deep down that I wouldn't have to. Today, I called one of the guys I was working for to get my call time, and he told me that the guy who actually gave me the 2 days overbooked and I was pulled from the call, instead now I would possibly be on the 4th and 5th. I just didn't want to work tonight and tomorrow, this new outcome is almost exactly what I had hoped for.

This isn't the first occurence either. When I was younger, I had lent my copy of earthbound to a good friend, who had been holding onto it for a real long while. One day, I was sort of down and really upset and almost started to cry about not having the game out of nowhere (I was 7). Literally, I was lying in my bed wishing I had it back. Not 10 minutes later, my buddy's older brother comes over with the game, just like that. And another time, I was sitting at a little deli by my house and was really tossing around the idea of buying a game, Breath of Fire III. I didn't have enough money, and I really didn't want to beg my parents at the time for it, so I bought a lottery ticket (illegally, I was a minor). Sure enough, I sat there and hoped to win a couple bucks, and I won 50 dollars. Walked down the block, bought the game, and even had some cash left over for a slurppy at 7-11.

I have other circumstances where it's conceivable that this "power" is more than a freak coincidence, like travelling to a destination in midtown manhattan at 9am on a monday morning and hoping there is no traffic, which almost never happens except for when I hoped for it. It's weird, I don't believe in supernatural crap and such, but this happens alot. When my mom was diagnosed with stage iv lung cancer, doctors said a couple months maybe. I didn't hope she would get magically better, but I did hope.that she would firat, make it past xmas (she did) and later on, when it got really bad, I silenty hoped that of all things, please don't let her die on my hirthday. She was close to, but thankfully, missed it by a few days after. I even got a happy birthday from her, which was one of the last coherent things she said to me (heavily drugged). Again, I don't believe in supernatural heebie jeebies, but this is definitely not random occurence at work here.

Of course, still haven't won that million dollar jackpot yet either.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: