Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:21:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334413 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  PSVita or 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PSVita or 3DS  (Read 1671 times)
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2012, 03:18:16 AM »

I know this is a really loaded question, but id like to hear from anyone who reads this their opinions on which system they have, what they like about it.  Id also like to hear anyone's opinions, or links to opinions, on the future of each console.  Right now the 3DS seems to have better support, although I realize its been out for around a year longer than the Vita.  I do like how powerful the Vita is, as well as the backlog of PSP rpgs, along with the second analog stick.  I just don't know how much faith I have in its future, with companies whose games I really enjoy like atlus seeming to prefer the 3DS right now due to the higher adoption rate.  I could be wrong on some of this stuff, and so its one reason why im asking.  So again, any input here would be greatly appreciated.  I realize one can only speculate so much, so im just looking for something to make my decision a little bit easier.  Also, just to point out, I currently own a PS3 and a PC, so I only want one more gaming platform, as I do not want to feel overwhelmed by the amount of games in my backlog, but I enjoy having a portable console.  I also realize that in the end it comes down to the games, but that is where i'm not sure of yet.  I have also had a PSP and DS, but want to upgrade to either the 3ds or PS Vita, since ive played most of the games on those two systems that I want to (though there are some PSP games I missed out on.)  Thank you for looking, and hopefully this is not to irritating of a topic.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 03:27:20 AM »

I don't own either, but I'd get a Vita even though support right now is weak. They have some big titles coming this holiday that should help propel it. Call of Duty and an exclusive Assassin's Creed title. If those are well done then that should help turn it around.

Don't forget P4 is going to be on the Vita as well, and that already helped boost sales in Japan.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:29:42 AM by Yoda » Logged
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 04:02:29 AM »

If you're not sure which you want, perhaps you're better off not getting either for the moment. While both have some good (even great) games, your hesitance leads me to suggest that you hang out for a while longer. Another few months down the track and some new games might be announced that will make your choice clearer.

On that note, I wouldn't buy the Vita for its hardware power. If it hasn't got games you want, doesn't matter how amazing it is. Buy a console for its games.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »

I own both, and right now, there's not a game on either platform that's a must-have for an RPG fan.  I love the Vita hardware a whole lot more, but there's pretty big potential with the 3DS XL.

As of right now, today, you're not really missing out on any OMG MUST HAVE games on either platform.  Both platforms have a solid lineup of 5-10 really quality games, but nothing in the AAA range.  Yes, Gravity Rush is great fun, but it's not a system-seller. Same goes for Mario Kart 7/Super Mario 3D Land.  This will be changing soon (Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts 3D, etc for 3DS and Persona 4 Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey, etc. for Vita), but I'd say you're safe to hold off a couple of months.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:31:24 PM »

...but I'd say you're safe to hold off a couple of months.

I'm sitting in this camp right now. I'm actually hoping the Vita actually gets an early price drop if Microsoft starts pushing the talk on a new Xbox. Since Sony has talked about PS4 being a little ways out still, I could see Vita being their new baby and making sure it doesnt fall too far behind the 3DS (especially for the XL). I know it probably won't happen, but Sony really should be considering it.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »

Maybe around of E3 next year they do it.

Maybe.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 02:05:18 PM »

Don't forget P4 is going to be on the Vita as well, and that already helped boost sales in Japan.

Weird hearing *you* say that.

Anyways.
I'd wait till at least a price drop.  Few [good] games and high cost just doesn't feel worth it at all. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 03:23:55 PM »

If that Ass 3 bundle is priced well I'd jump on that. I'm comfortable with the pricing for the games, though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: