Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:46:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334630 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil 6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil 6  (Read 25788 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 04:45:35 AM »

the enemies in leon's portion of the demo are mostly normal zombies. its not that easy to melee win in the other 2 portions. in sherrys section you have less room to manauver to melee. also the enemies in chris and sherry part look human first then mutate when they take damage.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 05:57:13 AM »

Makes sense. You'd think they'd actually demo that part of the gameplay rather than showing off the easy-mode sections. XP (Or maybe I'm just unlucky and watched the wrong dev vids.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:59:09 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 10:13:22 AM »

This game better have unlockable outfits and shit
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 10:20:31 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-zfaOr5YdA&hd=1&t=14m4s

Why.

This game better have unlockable outfits and shit

I think it does.

Edit: Does anyone feel sick after playing the game? First time it happens to me.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:13:48 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 12:34:39 PM »

Dem qte's....oh gawd.

TASTY!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »

Wow are you fuckin serious?  The overall game looks great, but cmon.  Do they think only a vocal minority or something hates qtes and everyone else loves them? 

Just... why?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 05:33:54 PM »

lmao since i only play as helena i didnt know theres QTE's in the car. i only had a QTE once when i slammed a door on some zombies or when zombies got on top of me.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33:56 PM »

I'll try to do my best to give my impressions of the demo.

The best campaign was the one with Jack and Sherry, the gameplay feels more suited for that kind of fast-paced action, the campaign with Chris and Piers in the other hand is horrible. It clearly wants to be a mix of Call of Duty and Gears of War but it fails miserably in trying to get anything right. Not to mention that the action that happens on screen is disorienting and as a 3rd Person Shooter it barely works with the awkward controls the game has, the campaign with Leon and Helena though is decent but this being a 3rd Person Shooter in where the element of horror doesn't particulary work well in this genre makes entire thing feels like a slow-paced action game which in return makes the experience seems pointless.

Other than that the worse offender was the camera being too close to the character you are suppose to be in control, aiming for some reason doesn't feel right, melee attacks don't have any "impact" on them either... it feels like you are not damaging anything and the decision of making melee attacks available to the player at all times is baffling but understandable at the same time given what kind of experience the game wants to offer.

Overall, RE6 seems to be yet another "Action Horror" title (this time directed by Eiichiro Sasaki) that at the end of the day is really mixed bag that is trying to please everyone.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »

I enjoyed the demo myself. I have a few problems, and I'm sure I wouldn't like it as much had I not played it with a friend doing co-op. I'm with you Yggdrasil, in that Jake and Sherry's was probably the best one, and Chris and Piers was my least favorite. I think I would have enjoyed C&P more had I had a better grasp of the controls, since there isn't really time to get acclimated, considering you have to find cover almost immediately. The whole cover aspect kept screwing me up, because the last game I played with cover mechanics was Mass Effect 3, and I kept trying to emulate those controls, and ended up leaping over my cover.

I really wish they kept Sheva as Chris's partner. That whole co-op partner dynamic was the point of the last RE. The only reason I can see them replacing her is to try to make Chris's story into a Hollywood war movie, and thus that means a band of male soldiers.

Best part of the whole demo? There were two for me. The first was in Leon & Helena's campaign, where they have to get out via cop car. What a huge nod to RE2 that was, I was grinning the whole time. The second was realizing that the voice actors for Jake and Sherry are the same for Yuri and Estelle from Tales of Vesperia, which gave me a bit of a fanboy moment.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »

how many different campaigns are there?

In games like this where I know I'm going to buy I usually avoid reading too much on it.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »

How many? 4 for what I know.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 12:21:30 PM »

how many different campaigns are there?

In games like this where I know I'm going to buy I usually avoid reading too much on it.

3: Leon, Chris, and Whiskers Jr.
And Ada Wongs IIRC.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 12:30:18 PM »

Ada! Wait!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 12:36:02 PM »

There's two Adas in RE6. :p
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 06:16:32 PM »

gotta admit i have a bit of a girl crush on helena.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: