Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:30:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319164 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil 6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil 6  (Read 19651 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2012, 11:21:19 PM »

Yeah, Jim Sterling alone giving it a low rating isn't really anything to take too seriously, it's when you start seeing way more, like GameSpot and GiantBomb slamming it that alarms go off.

And obviously people are free to like it, you take a shotgun approach to design and you're bound to hit SOMETHING, but don't attribute this just to bitchy, unpleasable fans.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:28:41 PM by Eusis » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2012, 12:35:34 AM »

If it's fun and the co-op is good, then I'm a happy Dicey.
I don't get why the first few games get as much love as they do and RE5 got shit on.  I have yet to play RE4, but this is the type of game I'd *never* play on my own... partly because I'm a pansy.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2012, 12:47:46 AM »

Yeah, Jim Sterling alone giving it a low rating isn't really anything to take too seriously, it's when you start seeing way more, like GameSpot and GiantBomb slamming it that alarms go off.

Personally, I've never trusted the coverage of Gamespot and the GiantBomb guys at times they act like everything sucks all the time (one more than the other) and when they don't like a game they are insufferable. Especially when Jeff Gerstmann doesn't like a game and talks about it in the podcast, he rarely likes something though.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2012, 12:55:11 AM »

Personally, I've never trusted the coverage of Gamespot and the GiantBomb guys at times they act like everything sucks all the time (one more than the other) and when they don't like a game they are insufferable. Especially when Jeff Gerstmann doesn't like a game and talks about it in the podcast, he rarely likes something though.
Point, even RE4 displeases Gerstmann and I think he said something to the effect that people who liked the series at all were idiots.

If it's fun and the co-op is good, then I'm a happy Dicey.
I don't get why the first few games get as much love as they do and RE5 got shit on.  I have yet to play RE4, but this is the type of game I'd *never* play on my own... partly because I'm a pansy.
For whatever it's worth RE4's one of the easier games to swallow. Definitely still has its moments, but I actually managed to get through that one, and it's the only RE I really loved, and not only beat but played through multiple times. RE5's come the closest, and that's mainly because it was close ENOUGH to RE4 (but not in the ways that really pushed RE4 forward for me) while not being too scary to get through.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2012, 01:09:52 AM »

Yeah people didn't seem to remember that all of the RE games have had some sort of major grippe w/ them . Be it controls, story, or otherwise

Sure a pure adventure game would be better IMHO but quit yer bitching

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2012, 01:14:45 AM »

Point, even RE4 displeases Gerstmann and I think he said something to the effect that people who liked the series at all were idiots.

That sounds like something he would say.

But whatevs, here's some hot panda sex (and a decent review). :3
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2012, 01:36:15 AM »

Sure a pure adventure game would be better IMHO but quit yer bitching

Actually, I think a hybrid is best. Which is what makes it frustrating for me: people who want a pure adventure game have 5+ titles (though it does sound like RE2 and 3 are more action heavy), people who mainly just want to shoot stuff have three or so (I'm throwing RE4 in here, maybe RE:R would count too), and the ones that mix those decently have... two? Resident Evil 4 and Revelations? And while I like Revelations it's but a shadow of RE4.

Anyways I think what stings most is this isn't even great shooting action, RE4 nailed it in a way that RE5 and especially that RE6 demo didn't really nail, and it may well just be something Shinji Mikami's good with given Vanquish was one of my more enjoyed shooters as of late.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2012, 02:37:25 PM »

It seems RE6 is getting a bunch o mixed reviews across the internet. When Capcom annouced it I was pumped as it's one of my favorite franchises but as I started seeing gameplay I became more and more disappointed. Sure not all reviews are baad, some are quite good but after reading Gamespot's review it seems like the game is a trainwreck.

I think I'll just rent it or borrow from someone, at least until the complete edition with all the DLC comes.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2012, 11:39:01 PM »

Put the rest of the costumes that I didn't found before, go here to watch them. And I also found a custom box art (PS3 and 360 version) by RedSwirl on NeoGAF.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2012, 12:14:49 AM »

Played the intro chapter...I'll wait until I can play some more before giving an opinion

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2012, 04:44:26 PM »

"Resident Evil 6 official Japanese website just got updated with some new wallpapers, Capcom also announced that 4.5 million copies of Resident Evil 6 has been shipped." -- Source: Project Umbrella

Edit: Face-Off: Resident Evil 6 -- Source: Eurogamer / Digital Foundry
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:17:36 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2012, 02:28:51 PM »

This game is big fun.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2012, 02:31:04 PM »

This game is big fun.

This.  So far, I'm definitely happy.  I heard problems with Chris and Jake's chapters more than Leo's,... but so far.  Yay!

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2012, 03:05:28 PM »

Dice talks dirty on games

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2012, 10:00:08 PM »

I am the worst at retaining ammunition, health, and swear words. I've had to have my ass rescued so many times that I'm pretty sure my characters are addicted to that shot you get stabbed with.

Anyways, fun game! I've done everyone's first two chapters. Leon & Helena's is my fav so far, followed closely by Jake & Sher-bear. Chris & Piers is last and probably will be my least favorite unless they kiss.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:04:14 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: