Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 06:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332773 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil 6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil 6  (Read 25265 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2012, 06:18:11 PM »

"So yeah, that on disc stuff for RE6 is free (No Hope difficulty, Ada co-op partner). Mercs outfits are unlocks. MP modes are paid, off disc." -- Source: Twitter
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2012, 12:58:38 AM »

who is the co-op partner for ada?
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2012, 01:27:09 AM »

who is the co-op partner for ada?

Alotta... Alotta Fagina

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2012, 02:04:50 AM »

NO, it's Poosy Galore
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 11, 2012, 02:21:07 AM »

Since I don't have any money to get RE6 (sad face) I've been reading a lot about the series lately and while doing that I found an Interview with Tokuro Fujiwara, the guy who Shinji Mikami learned a lot from in the days were the original Resident Evil (BIO HAZARD) was being made. Also Fujiwara worked as the director of titles like Bionic Commando (Arcade version), Tomba! and Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

from Wikipedia:

-- By the way, At that time, did you have a role model? I mean someone you admired in the field?

Mikami: Mr. Fujiwara

-- He is your master?

M: Yeah. He is scary master for me. Maybe evil master. I still can't compete with him. I'll put myself at his feet. He has some kind of different atmosphere than other people. He is not big or macho and he doesn't raise his voice either but he is really scary. His way is not "Yes or No" only "YES". I learned a lot from him, one big thing I learned from him is "Create freedom inside restriction."

Here's the Interview.

---

Was Resident Evil an example of one of the things Mikami didn't want to do?

Mikami hated it. This is how our conversation went:

"You hate being scared?"
"Yep."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 11, 2012, 03:38:56 AM »

Maybe that explains RE4's switch from full blown horror to being more of an action game that was kinda creepy (but generally less so further in).
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »

Hiroyuki Kobayashi (who started to work in the series as a programmer and later as producer) mentions in the "Making of..." video of RE4 that Resident Evil was recycling the same patterns, the same ideas and he talks about it with Mikami, and together they find a way to revitalize the series in a way they could bring the attention of new fans and old fans who at the time (in 2002-'04 I think) stopped following the series. He also mentions that people within Capcom was getting bored of doing practically the same game and many of those people were moving to other projects so that was problem too I guess.

The entire point of RE4 in the end was bringing something that felt new and fresh because fans and developers alike were tired of the (now old) style of gameplay and at that time a change was needed for the "horror" genre. And seriously, after REmake and Resident Evil Zero there wasn't a whole lot they could do with that style anyway... especially after REmake which is held as the best classic Survival Horror title along with Silent Hill 2 (or 3, depending who you ask).

Edit: Hiroyuki Kobayashi (RE6 producer) likens fans and its developers to "parents" -- Source: VG247

"While the team behind Resident Evil (Biohazard) listens to the fanbase, Kobayashi said the developers can't be "beholden to them at every turn", otherwise, progress "in terms of the series' development," would never be made."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:53:17 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »

capcom sure knows how to render the female form.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2012, 02:04:58 AM »

capcom sure knows how to render the female form.

On a similar note, I'm super duper impressed by the facial animations. They just feel so nuanced, more so than some other cutscene-heavy games I've played recently. I'm also glad they toned down Chris's beefiness, and Sherry is just all-around cute. I hope she shows up in future games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: October 12, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »

I've noticed that too, where the face kinda wrinkles when they're mad or whatever else (LA Noire did this to perfection; of course, they had the actual actors as models).  Kudos to Capcom for being a Japanese company that's stayed ahead in the graphics department.

On that not.  HELENA, WHAT CONDITIONER DO YOU USE!?!??!?!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »

Free RE6 DLC inbound, plus some clarification -- Source: Capcom-Unity

"Two free DLC items will arrive as a title update soon; No Hope difficulty mode and a co-op partner for Ada's campaign. Said campaign was meant as a solo affair for Ms. Wong, but odds are you'd like to play through it again with a pal - soon you can!

Additionally, this update will make Ada's campaign available from the start."

"Now, the clarification; Some data of this update is on the disc, but said data is incomplete and requires the actual download to access. But again, free. Mercenaries costumes are residentevil.net unlocks. Simply register for the site and start earning RE points for those goodies."

"Future paid DLC -- like the multiplayer modes we revealed a while ago -- is not on the disc. We said as much a month ago, but that point may have been lost in the shuffle."
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2012, 01:29:11 AM »

Those costumes posted earlier... are they DLC or unlockables?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2012, 02:42:43 PM »

^Unlockables.

The DLC is for the maps, multiplayer modes, etc. That's what Capcom has said anyway.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2012, 11:11:57 AM »

in leon's campaign there's an awesome death where helena and a zombie fall into a meat grinder together. absolutely brutal
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2012, 12:01:53 PM »

…Found a Leon ver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W83CobcSc2Y

Most brutal thing I've seen in the game so far.... damn nasty way to go. >_o

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: