Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 03:23:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340876 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil 6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil 6  (Read 28111 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2012, 03:13:07 AM »

Because exchanging opinions is actually fun to some people? :-P I actually prefer to learn new things by stating an opinion and seeing what counters are put out there so I can absorb new information and make new conclusions based on which counter-opinions make sense and are well-supported.

I'd look into a brace for that knee because involuntary spams like that could put someone's eye out. ^_~ (Keep in mind I only say that in light jest. :-P )

No harm no foul.

And I do knee-jerk a lot and I admit it. But in my defense that was really early and I was probably either drunk or hungover.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2012, 08:35:29 AM »

Because exchanging opinions is actually fun to some people? :-P I actually prefer to learn new things by stating an opinion and seeing what counters are put out there so I can absorb new information and make new conclusions based on which counter-opinions make sense and are well-supported.

I'd look into a brace for that knee because involuntary spams like that could put someone's eye out. ^_~ (Keep in mind I only say that in light jest. :-P )

No harm no foul.

And I do knee-jerk a lot and I admit it. But in my defense that was really early and I was probably either drunk or hungover.

Pretty much; and it's not like I haven't jumped the gun a few times myself. XD
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2012, 10:51:01 PM »

Resident Evil 6 Update

Camera Adjustment:

If you felt the camera was pulled in too tight, you will soon be able to zoom out a bit and see more of the surrounding area.

Language/Subtitle Options: Subtitle options will allow players to mix English audio with subtitles in another language.

Ada Wong Co-Op Partner:

A second player can take control of an alternate partner so you can experience Ada's campaign with a pal if you desire. If you prefer leaving Ada by herself, you can. This update also makes Ada's campaign available right away.

No Hope Difficulty: For players who want an extreme challenge.

Free update will arrive in mid-December*

Source(s): Capcom-Unity, Capcom Europe Blog
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2012, 12:05:21 AM »

i dont agree with the idea that the game isnt survival horror. theres one enemy in particular that appears in the china part of helena's campaign and the final chapter of jake/sherry that fits that and its not ustank. it also generates a disgusting death scene. its actually worse for jake/sherry due to an unscripted split up.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2012, 10:14:03 AM »

The Mercenaries Additional Stage DLC:

Rail Yard
High Seas Fortress
The Catacombs

Price: $0.99
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »

Nearing the end of Chris' campaign...

I can see some of the complaints. There are a few vehicle segments that are completely lame. Chasing Ada on some highway in China that looks like a ps1 ridge racer course is laughable. In the later part of Chris' campaign you're on a boat. The environments there are pretty bland and pretty void of detail. It's pretty uneven, pretty much all of the areas in Leon's campaign had a great atmosphere and look to them. You could tell they took some time there. But the last 1/2 of Chris' campaign feels very rushed and suffers for it.

If I wasn't playing co-op I would be pretty unhappy, I imagine.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2012, 11:53:04 AM »

Nearing the end of Chris' campaign...

I can see some of the complaints. There are a few vehicle segments that are completely lame. Chasing Ada on some highway in China that looks like a ps1 ridge racer course is laughable. In the later part of Chris' campaign you're on a boat. The environments there are pretty bland and pretty void of detail. It's pretty uneven, pretty much all of the areas in Leon's campaign had a great atmosphere and look to them. You could tell they took some time there. But the last 1/2 of Chris' campaign feels very rushed and suffers for it.

If I wasn't playing co-op I would be pretty unhappy, I imagine.

I agree with you about all of this, except I really liked the environment of Chris's last chapter, as well as the part in his 4th chapter where

Code:
you have to collect the three card keys and you're being chased by those regenerating enemies, and its all tight corridors and dim lighting. Probably the most unnerving part of his campaign.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »

That part was awesome... but that level was so boring looking. I actually thought I was playing an HD port of a PS2 game. However, the enemies are fucking fantastic looking. The way they morph or whatever and turn into abominations is stellar. Also, the sound effects are top notch.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2012, 12:57:07 PM »

That part would make me drop the game without co-op.... I was pretty scared.  I hate being chased by shit you can't kill.  That is a nightmare.

Chris' campaign seems to be the one most peeps have issues with -- but I'm still having fun.  Co-op really has a profound effect on how much you enjoy stuff, even shittier parts.

Dunno what to do against human-squid-fish of death and his obstacle course though...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2012, 01:54:17 PM »

Dunno what to do against human-squid-fish of death and his obstacle course though...

If you're referring to what I think you are, then that is probably my least favorite part of the whole campaign. The part is too long and the camera changing just does not work well in your favor. I'm also biased because my bud's controller was screwing up, and I also forgot how to slide ><, which caused us to fail a good 3 or 4 times.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2012, 10:51:18 PM »

sure your your not talking about jake campaign? well that one also has annoying parts as well. snow mobile/stealth/motorcycle. also those same lame zombies except its worse since you are forced to split up due to a jump only jake can make.

soooo......anyone else think leons campaign should be called helena's campaign?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2012, 12:15:39 AM »

soooo......anyone else think leons campaign should be called helena's campaign?

Oh Fuck yeah.

Absolutely!!!

115%

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2012, 05:26:29 AM »

Except when I played "helena's" campaign she watched me die 100 times on a crane.

This game is just what I thought it would be, an excellent co-op romp. Some details are executed awesomely, some executed fine, and some are terrible.

At the very least it controls well.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2012, 02:45:17 AM »

FINALLY picked this up for PStriple. Playing it alone sucks. Need friends

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2012, 03:14:07 AM »

Some wonky controls and camera tricks really dampen the fun in Chris' campaign.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: