Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 07:16:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334677 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil 6
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil 6  (Read 25851 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2012, 03:34:24 AM »

Some wonky controls and camera tricks really dampen the fun in Chris' campaign.

Cuz i played better.  :)

I'm gushing at Jake and Sherry's "thang" <3... fuck....
Utanask's running..... very powerful sfx.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2012, 06:39:00 AM »

omg ustank is like fighting juggernaught with a pistol. the 1st time i didnt know theres a magnum up up top and was like what the fuck how do i win?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2012, 07:53:35 AM »

Just got to chapter 3 of Leon's campaign, and I have no clue why people whine about ammo so far. I have so many bullets for my guns except the handgun, which I just have a steady stream of at all times. Maybe it's my resident evil experience overall that's helping me conserve bullets, as I only use the shotgun when I see an ammo drop for it, or the sniper rifle when I just feel like messing around. Probably helps also that the first skill I bought was item drop increase...maybe. Also, Helena's hydra sucks, alot, but quickshotting it is awesomely fun, like gun ballet. I may start playing on veteran, the game seems pretty easy thus far, especially when most of the health tablets I use are for reviving idiots who can't melee well.

I bet you could bounce a quarter off Helena's ass.

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2012, 12:19:14 PM »

I had ammo issues in Chris' campaign when you get just weirder and weirder things attacking you, and pumping enemies with a greater volume of bullets than their head can handles still wouldn't kill them (ok, an exaggeration).  I hate machine guns though... it looks SO nice when you see you have 200 MG bullets, but they get spent in about 1 minute.

And yes, I'm positive you can bounce quarters off Helena's fine and curvacious bottom.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2012, 02:24:17 PM »

I've seen "Your partner is DEAD" so many times it's burned into my retinas
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: November 09, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »

Just in case it's not a well known fact, if you're abusing melee attacks and always low on stamina as a result, laying on the ground restores stamina MUCH more quickly. I normally pop a couple rounds into an enemy's head or leg and run up for melee hits. Especially useful if you hit them in the leg and they fall, just get next to em and stomp head. After a couple of those, I jumo backwards and stay down till full health, shooting as I need to (better aim when floored anyway). Laying down and shooting hasn't been so awesome since MGS4.

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2012, 03:28:24 PM »

Just in case it's not a well known fact, if you're abusing melee attacks and always low on stamina as a result, laying on the ground restores stamina MUCH more quickly. I normally pop a couple rounds into an enemy's head or leg and run up for melee hits. Especially useful if you hit them in the leg and they fall, just get next to em and stomp head. After a couple of those, I jumo backwards and stay down till full health, shooting as I need to (better aim when floored anyway). Laying down and shooting hasn't been so awesome since MGS4.

That's actually a really useful tip, and I spend a lot of time punching and lying on the floor n such. 

I've seen "Your partner is DEAD" so many times it's burned into my retinas

LIKEWISE BEEEAACH

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »

I'm going to shove a remote bomb up your ass and pull the switch until it goes click
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2012, 04:54:00 PM »

I'm going to shove a remote bomb up your ass and pull the switch until it goes click

If you can actually place it there and not somewhere it *doesn't* have to be, then TRY IT....  Bitch!

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: November 09, 2012, 10:29:54 PM »

Totes finished this game a week or so back. Been playing it with a friend co-op, so I haven't done Ada's yet. Waiting on the co-op DLC for that.

Impresshuns time!

Best campaign: Leon & Helena. I just loved the environments and enemies of the campaign much more than in the other two. There are also a lot of great nods to RE2, especially a great tongue-in-cheek one at the end of the first chapter. My fav moment is during the end of the campaign when Helena up-front asks Leon,
Code:
"You have feelings for Ada, don't you?" And I just wanted to high five her, because Leon totes wants to toss Ada his rocket launcher.
I ended up really liking Helena, and I hope she returns in future games.

Jake and Sherry are a close second, since I think their chapters have the greatest mix of game play; from exploration, to puzzle solving, to stealth, to combat (both melee and firearms).

Chris and Piers' campaign has some problems, but those have already been mentioned in this thread. However they get an award for (End of Campaign Spoilers)
Code:
Best almost kiss.

Gameplay wise the controls were a bit wonky at first, but hey, it's Resident Evil! While they took some getting used to, I don't think they're bad, they just a bit of a minor learning curve. The last third person shooter I played was Mass Effect 3, and I kept trying to emulate its cover mechanics, and always ended up leaping over the cover. I love the herb system in this game, and I hope they keep it.

All in all I'm quite satisfied. Can't wait to do Ada's campaign and to see what else they're coming up with DLC wise. While I think it may be unlikely, I'd LOVE to see additional DLC campaigns for other RE characters, like Jill or Claire.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2012, 12:53:46 AM »

has anyone done the Merc mode?
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2012, 01:14:39 AM »

i usually prefer quick shots over melee especially with helena's hydra. works wonders in chapter 2. a quck shot with a sniper rifle is a thing of beauty. as for helena's booty maybe thats why people want me to always take the lead? i admittedly got a little hot and bothered when she was carrying her sister.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2012, 01:26:50 AM »

I'm playing Jake with the level 3 melee perk. He's basically a wrecking crew.

What I do like about the game is each of the characters do control differently. Well, at least there's a difference between Jake and Piers. Jake is much faster and nimbler
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »

Sherry is a pushover then.  Damn, I wanna be Jake. :(

I think Piers wins between Chris and him.  Piers certainly starts with a better set of guns.  His "final chapter weapon" seemed pretty booming, but apparently controls like hell.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2012, 12:06:26 PM »

Sherry is a pushover then.  Damn, I wanna be Jake. :(

I think Piers wins between Chris and him.  Piers certainly starts with a better set of guns.  His "final chapter weapon" seemed pretty booming, but apparently controls like hell.

My friend actually liked playing as Sherry the best of the three he played (Helena, Piers, Sherry). He really liked her stun rod. However, I can see your point about Jake; in terms of melee, he was the easiest to control of the three I played. I hated meleeing with Chris, I found his moves to be kinda awkward.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: