Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 11:55:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329396 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Creating characterization through battle
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Creating characterization through battle  (Read 1145 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 12:04:23 PM »

i love characterization through battle but i dont understand why they keep making final fantasy games where everyone can do everything. thats why i liked FFX everyone had defined roles.

At some point in the game, cant all characters learn the same things, and thus become interchangeable? I may be remembering that wrong though.

And about the Tales discussion earlier, this is what's great about unique characters, the fact that we can even talk about them like this. Even if not done totally right, they at least have enough character to spark conversation.

They can if you're willing to grind for it. In fact that's the reason why Kimari sucks so much (aside from being the series's worst Blue Mage), he has only the dinky middle section to himself at the start then he's forced to take the first available out which requires hard to come by key spheres or warp spheres and due to always requiring at least a level to move around with, Kimari is likely to get stuck in a sphere grid you might not want him in (and once he's in he's stuck there until another out or warp sphere becomes available).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: