Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 03:58:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330171 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  All time favourite game characters.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: All time favourite game characters.  (Read 7747 times)
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:47:34 PM »

Been itchin' to make this thread, just couldn't contain myself. List your top, 3, 5, 10, whatever game characters. This isn't really about a specific game, so I made this thread here, mods can sort if they feel like it.

Mine would be:

Ken Masters- Streetfighter
Cloud Strife- Final Fantasy VII
Sonic The hedgehog
Princess Toadstool- Super Mario
Terry Bogard- Fatal Fury
Dante- Devil May cry
Chunli- Streetfighter
Megaman
Luca Blight- Suikoden2
Sol Badguy- Guilty Gear
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 12:06:03 AM »

On account that threads devoted to just listing are frowned upon, ill list my top few off of the top of my head and give a little summary about why I like them so much.

In no particular order:

Luca Blight (Suikoden 2) This guy really gave the game the extra punch that it needed. Aside from the constant paranoia about who he is going to kill next, he created one villain that really gave you a reason to want to smack around, and I respect him for that. Heil Luca!

Gregorio III (Gitaroo Man) I really dont have much to say in this department except that hes a bucket of laughs whenever I play this game at a party. The guy has his own chorus composed of cardboard children that friends and I have renamed the "Touched Chorus" in dedication of a certain pop star.

Princess Peach (The Mario Dynasty) Peach and daisy really survived the test of time as being the flagship Princesses and Damsels in distress of the video game world. Also note that when your main objective isnt to save her from the big mean turtle, she is quite good in smash brothers melee and is one of the more underrated characters in the game. (and no The Mario Dynasty is not a game for whom it may concern).

The King (Katamari Damacy) This guy actualy scared me to the point of nightmares at one point, but as time passed I steadily grew to like his random nonsense... I dont think ill ever get over his head however. Its safe to compare him to sour skittles - you really dont want to eat them, but they are just so good you cant help but too. (warning: comsuming sour skittles can and will erode the skin in your mouth)

Etna (Disgaea) NIS really hit the nail on the head when making etna and choosing a voice actress. Cute, quirky, evil - its all in there and really spices up an almost bland underworld.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 12:12:27 AM »

Luca Turilli.

Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 12:13:44 AM »

...Robot Luca Turilli. :|

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 12:18:52 AM »

Luca Blight - Because he was absolutely insane and is possibly the only villian I can think of where if he was around I felt there was a justified sense of fear in the heroes.

Zidane - SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!!! I do like angsty heroes and such, but Zidane was just such a nice change of pace compared to Squall and it felt good playing as someone who liked to just fuck around.

Tidus - He was just a very well balanced main character and I never found myself ever really getting annoyed at him.

Geddoe - I dont know why I jsut thought he and his party were freakin cool...especially Jacques.

Solid Snake - Like this even needs an explanation

uh...The Duck Hunt Guy...and dog - Also self-explanatory
Revchu

22055238 revchu@hotmail.com Raivictis
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 12:40:10 AM »

Iori Yagami motherfuckers.

Cammy from Street Fighter for some reason.

I've always had this slight obsession with the silent protagonists in Chrono Trigger and Terranigma. Chrono and Ark kicked ass.

Also have a soft spot for Locke from FF6.

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 12:49:10 AM »

I actually liked Zidane as well, so you aren't alone there :P

Mallow (Super Mario RPG: LotSS) - I'm a sucker for little tiny mages that are always looked down upon as being weak, or are considered the underdog, and end up rising up throughout the game's story to kick some ass.

Vivi Ornitier (FFIX) - See above.

Laharl (Disgaea) - The infamous "horses weiner" line remains one of the few bits of text from a game that I actually remember.

Yuri (Shadow Hearts 1+2) - He's one of the few main characters in an RPG that I really didn't get fed up with throughout the course of the game. I thought he as a character was really developed well, despite me not even playing the first installment of the series.
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 12:49:42 AM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
Luca Turilli.

Fuck that, Arjen's better. He has lasers or something.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 01:06:02 AM »

Quote from: "Revchu"
I've always had this slight obsession with the silent protagonists in Chrono Trigger and Terranigma. Chrono and Ark kicked ass.

Ark seemed pretty talkative for a 'silent protagonist'. :P

I really dunno what to say, I'm fickle and tend to not have favorites. But if I have to list some... Cecil, since the whole paladin deal seemed really badass to me when I was 8, and even today he's noteworthy for being one of the few adult console RPG characters. And I like Mario and Link, despite being icons more than actual characters.

And ofcourse some of the no brainers - Snake and whatnot. If I can think of any I can really list, I'll post later.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 03:09:10 AM »

Citan Uzuki > You.

Teh end.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 04:33:27 AM »

I liked Ashtyr from Final Fantasy XI. Without a doubt he was the best character to ever grace a game.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 04:37:40 AM »

I  tried to like Ashtyr, but some things just didn't fly. He wound up going from nice guy to bitter jaded youth in a pretty short span of time, and while original, I'd have preferred more positive character development. The designers really put a lot of work into him even so. It's not easy to create such an accurate homosexual character, but I figure the writers must have had some personal experiences to draw from.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 04:41:38 AM »

Quote from: "Revchu"

Ark wasn't silent though. He talked throughout the game.

As far as silent protagonists though, I'll toss my vote up for Felix from Golden Sun: TLA. Granted the talked in the first installment he didn't in the latter. Also, I thought he was the undying shit for some reason.

Other favorites would have to be Maxim and Dekar from Lufia 2. Dekar of course, being the Jesus of video games.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 05:42:07 AM »

Tidus from Final Fantasy X - First off I liked his very charismatic personality. His presence was strong. He had good values and always tried to be of any help for other people. I enjoyed the fact that he was a sport celebrity, pretty cool for a RPG. Besides (nah Im not gay) he was really good looking so I enjoyed playing the game when my sister wasnt that far around and hear her good comments about the character heh :D

Yuri from Shadow Hearts Yuri was a very hot character. He was rude, arrogant and sarcastic but anyway he was a nice guy always ready to protect his friends.

Citan from Xenogear I liked very much this cultivated/educated character, always there to get Fei out of danger with his great knowledge.
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2006, 09:36:11 AM »

I have an odd group of favorites, I suppose.

First off, while not the favorite favorite, my most recent favorite is Senel Coolidge from Tales of Legendia. The reason why is that out of all the incredibly cliche characters in the game, and the absurd plot, he manages (at least until the end when he succumbs to the whiny fuckwit mentality of the game) to do what I would expect someone in the real world to do.

Will: "Gee, Senel, let's go help random person because it's the right thing to do eve though we don't know them, and now I'll hit you on the head."

Senel: "Fuck you, you're a nutjob, I'm leaving."

Chloe: "But Coolidge, you have to be true to yourself."

Senel: "What are you talking about?! People are trying to kill my sister, fuck you, I'm going!"

Norma: "Let's have a positive attitude and do a dance!"

Senel: "They're toturing my sister to death! Are you all crazy?!"

The Nameless One from Planescape Torment is a personal favorite because, well, if you need it explained, you haven't played the game and really should.

Guybrush f'in Threepwood, for keepin' it real in the CaRIBbean.

Lucca because she's a hot brainy chick, and I love those. Especially the glasses.

Mai Shiranui because I think she's hot, even though Christine thinks she's gross.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: