Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 10:26:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330066 Posts in 13526 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria  (Read 17248 times)
Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 10:53:15 PM »

The Dragon Slayer... if I remember correctly, that's the sword Lenneth receives from Arngrim at his home?  If it is, that was the climax of my fustration.  It was powerful statistic-wise (I never past the first chapter btw :P) with multi-hit combo abilities, but could never survive a dungeon.  5% chance of breaking my butt!

Well, I've been researching VP2 for the past hour or so and I think I'll break the seal and give it a go later.  Hopefully, I don't regret it.  Thanks for the help.

Finished RPG Count: 90
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 08:32:26 PM »

Just got this game. It's absolutely gorgeous. One of the best looking games on PS2.

It's BRUTALLY hard though. Time to level!

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 05:27:58 AM »

the thing about dragon slayer is a pretty lame complaint.it wasnt meant to be used in normal combat. seriously go swing that puppy at the dragon in cave of oblivion(a monster that can 1 shot your guys in chapter 1)and watch what happens.sadly i dont think it works on the guy that drops levantine.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
beans
Cool Hand

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 10:18:23 PM »

Bloodbane? if so, the dragonslayer doesn't work on him.  Far as I could tell anyway, my heavy knights were hitting darn hard by then.

I picked up Disgaea 2 and Valkyrie Profile 2 the other day, haven't had the time to play them yet, but will be starting them soon.  Hoping to beat Resident Evil 4 before I start any new games(finally picked up RE4, go me =p)

Still trying to shoot the damn dog in Duck Hunt.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 10:21:13 PM »

I feel like im the only person playing this game..

It's pretty, and it's hard.  That's all I can say about it so far.  The battle system is kind of weird and takes a bit to get used to.  I'm not sure I like it a whole lot, but it isn't bad.

7 hours in.  Few options of places I can go, not all that linear yet.

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 12:32:34 AM »

Quote from: "Masamune"
I feel like im the only person playing this game..

It's pretty, and it's hard.  That's all I can say about it so far.  The battle system is kind of weird and takes a bit to get used to.  I'm not sure I like it a whole lot, but it isn't bad.

7 hours in.  Few options of places I can go, not all that linear yet.

It's pretty linear, though stuff FINALLY starts opening up (optional wise) in chapter 3.

Holy LORD is this game HARD though. The Trolls in the forest near Coriander are utterly SLAYING me.

Try to get Alicia to level 6 (or was it 7?) as soon as possible. She gets a heal spell then, and the game becomes a bit easier (though not by a whole lot).

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 01:12:13 AM »

Make use of Sealed Stones, and take out the leader in each battle as quickly as possible.

Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 01:17:04 AM »

Against those trolls in particular, hunt through your accessories and find one that has a percentage chance to cause Frailty (I've got some gray thing that does it, someone else is on the TV right now).  Frailty prevents healing.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 04:22:07 AM »

Just started playing today.
First impressions: Wow.

This game is beautiful. I was floored by the opening CG movie, and was ecstatic when I finally got a glimpse of the ingame graphics. Seriously, this game is, dare I say, 'fun' to look at. It's just cool to see everything flowing about in the wind and whatnot.
The whole scenery aspect of the game reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy IX, which is good considering I love pure fantasy goodness like this.

I'm also totally digging the battle system. Even though I sometimes feel like all I'm doing is mashing on buttons, there is a good deal of strategy to it, and you really have to work if you want to win your battles. I also like how the areas where you fight aren't just flat, circular areas. So far, I've fought in about 4 different areas, and each of them offers very unique challenges.

Anyway, just to comment on the difficulty, if you guys though the trolls were hard, wait till you get to the floating water palace (can't remember the name...). The battle area is filled with staircases and narrow walkways that make maneuvering and dashing a complete pain. Tough stuff :P
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 01:43:30 PM »

I'd say this battle system kicks Grandia's ass.  I'm always fighting bosses repeatedly in order to get all of the "crafting" materials, and I don't feel like I'm grinding because I know that I can continue the story whenever I'm ready.  

Everything up until those trolls in Coriander (which is as far as I am now) seems to have been a learning experience, and I am hoping for the dungeons to get impossibly complicated with the sealstone usage and platforming.  It's been pretty easy up until now, and I actually feel up to the challenge of some crazy elaborate dungeons for once in my life.

Frailty on the trolls eh?  I was considering putting the masochist stone on the dais to help counteract that regeneration... frailty sounds like a better deal to me.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 01:47:29 PM »

Game looks awesome, but I don't game much these days so I'll wait until my backlog is gone.

Hopefully this game will stick around long enough for an easily obtainable find after price drop.
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 05:55:12 PM »

Sealstone usage definitely gets more and more important.  I've seen at least two bosses that'll pretty much one-shot you with at least one of their attacks if you don't have some Sealstones moved around.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 09:02:30 PM »

Quote from: "Saviour"
The Dragon Slayer... if I remember correctly, that's the sword Lenneth receives from Arngrim at his home?  If it is, that was the climax of my fustration.  It was powerful statistic-wise (I never past the first chapter btw :P) with multi-hit combo abilities, but could never survive a dungeon.  5% chance of breaking my butt!

That's why you equip it to fight Dragons and take it off for everything else.
Reunion

elementfayt
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2006, 05:48:12 PM »

Does anyone know how to get the Cat Ring, Dog Ring, and Bird Ring?

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2006, 06:00:06 PM »

You have the option in certain towns to feed animals. Keep feeding them to get all the items they can give you and sell them to the proper merchants to create the animal rings.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: