Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 07:38:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329449 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria  (Read 17185 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »

Isn't this out in stores now? Why the fuck isn't anyone talking about this? :P

I'll have this in a week or so, I think.
Metalhed

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 11:43:35 PM »

Got it today. Will start playing it tomorrow...
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 11:51:09 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

Can't talk, playing.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 11:57:04 PM »

I can say I bought it today, but to play it - man, that's a concept I'm not familiar with. Get back to me in a few months, then *maybe*. :P
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 01:30:11 AM »

Some of us have things like work standing between us and hours of Norse Psycho-slut goodness.  I just got home and put the disc in.

Be back later.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 01:33:36 AM »

The reason I haven't talked about it is because I didn't get it at all thus far. I am certainly interested, but well.... you know my lame-ass excuse by now :P Besides I should play around with the 1st valkyrie profile some more.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 02:00:22 AM »

Because I suck at multitasking and refuse to pop it in before beating Disgaea 2.

It's tempting, though...
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 02:47:27 AM »

so far lenneth >>>>>>>alicia

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 08:43:37 AM »

I'm trying to beat Okami before I start playing Silmeria. :S Of course, I did pop it in to see how it looks and the visuals and score are impressive. Only a taste for now.

It'll motivate me to stop aimlessly wandering in Okami trying to find every little secret. Digging up treasure is oddly addicting.
GoD
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 10:28:23 AM »

it will get released on Sunday here... cant wait
Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 08:05:50 PM »

Can someone tell me if weapons still break every couple of battles?  To me, that was the archille's heel to the PSP game.

Finished RPG Count: 90
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 08:13:37 PM »

Quote from: "Saviour"
Can someone tell me if weapons still break every couple of battles?  To me, that was the archille's heel to the PSP game.

Weapons only break if they have a chance at breaking - artifact weapons and those bought won't break. I'm referring to the first VP here, mind: I don't think weapons break in VP2, but I haven't played the game yet.
GoD
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 08:18:37 PM »

Weapons only break if they have a chance at breaking - artifact weapons and those bought won't break. I'm referring to the first VP here, mind: I don't think weapons break in VP2, but I haven't played the game yet.

i havent played the game yet, but in some other discussions i have realised that weapons do break in VK2. yet again i didnt play the game.
Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 09:30:21 PM »

So weapons still break? Ugh... I'm probably gonna return my copy now.  Actually can someone who actually played the game verify this?

In my short experience with VP1, it just annoyed me that any non-artifact weapon would break randomly.  Some could say that in reality, weapons do dull and break with use, but that's like saying Lunar DS did the right thing by making your party lose HP as they run.

Finished RPG Count: 90
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 09:43:51 PM »

In my short experience with VP1, it just annoyed me that any non-artifact weapon would break randomly.  Some could say that in reality, weapons do dull and break with use, but that's like saying Lunar DS did the right thing by making your party lose HP as they run.

Still though, you should deal with slightly weaker, unbreakable items instead, and it's generally easier to get those anyway. Plus special swords like the dragon slayer should only be brought out when you're fighting the proper enemy type: those absolutely will not break if you win the battle while using them. Really, I never found it to be a problem since there was a perfectly fine alternative that is typically the superior option.

What'd be ideal is a system like DC2's: It added that 'realism', but kept in mind it was a game and made it easy to repair your weapons.

Edit: And like noted, the items you buy (or 'create with materilize points'. Whatever) will not break. So it's not like every weapon but the very special ones won't break. Just read the item descriptions to find out which ones will/will not break.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: