Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:21:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332863 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria  (Read 17388 times)
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2006, 12:06:44 AM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
@Clueless - Honestly, the Star Ocean aspects of the game mainly have to do with the battle system, and that's really about it. The system itself, in a sense, is similar to SO:TET, but it feels a lot more polished, mainly due to the Dash feature, and the battle areas themselves. Seriously, you aren't fighting on flat surfaces here (well....sometimes you are :P). The 'level up' screen is identical to that of SO:TOT, but honestly, that's the extent of the stuff similar between the games as far as I've noticed.

Oh oh! I know! The menu sound effects are the same in SO3, I think.

That optional dungeon in Chapter 3 kicked my ass the first time since I hadn't leveled any caster prior to it. Released one caster, pimped out Lezard, and pwned the place up.

Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2006, 01:47:03 PM »

Urgh.  VP2's battle system is nothing like SO3.

The combat for the most part is turn-base and there are only a few actual real-time elements.

Fantastic game so far (I have played for 15 or so hours).  I can't say that it's touched me in the same way as the original though.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2006, 09:07:48 PM »

Quote from: "Tsi Aileron"

Oh oh! I know! The menu sound effects are the same in SO3, I think.

That optional dungeon in Chapter 3 kicked my ass the first time since I hadn't leveled any caster prior to it. Released one caster, pimped out Lezard, and pwned the place up.

I'll keep an ear out for it, next time :P
Also, is it just me, or is the music in the Palace of the Venerated Dragon the exact same as the Maze of Tribulations in Star Ocean:TET? It's sort of bugging me...

Anyway, quick question. Does anyone know if there is a glitch in the overworld map system? I can't seem to switch between the three sections of the map consistenly without having to travel through the stages that connect them. I bought the shop items that allow me to travel between them freely, so am I missing something (whether that be an item or common knowledge)?
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2006, 11:45:41 PM »

This game is not like the original, no.  In my eyes, it's enough of a sequel; the attention to the original's details validates this game.

Code:
Final Blast!

Let a good game be a good game.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2006, 06:11:54 AM »

just beat the game and my overall enjoyment was negatively impacted by how much i cherished the first game.the character designs are pretty lame compared to the first game as well. oh well bonus dungeon time!

the song from the maze of tribulations is called journey to deep space or something and its also in VP1 and radiata stories. could be in star ocean 2 but i dunno since i never beat that game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2006, 12:43:28 PM »

Man, this game kicks serious ass. I am only in Dipan Castle, about to fight the boss. I keep messing around with the stuff that drops to try and learn some skills. Its going really well, but no enemy can touch me. I get the direct assult everytime. I read that it gets harder in chapter 3, and I can wait.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2006, 02:14:58 PM »

Not sure what to think of this game. It's really fun to play, but I couldn't care less about the horrible characters or drab story...
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2006, 10:34:45 AM »

Is interest in this game already gone?
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2006, 03:10:46 PM »

The ending nearly destroyed the experience for me.  I had to remind myself that 95% of the game was simply fantastic.

I'm not sure what happened.  Not only did they ignore such great potential storyline from VP1, but they completely destroyed it.  All for the sake of including generic anime garbage.

Still a great game.  It's not better then the original though.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2006, 03:20:18 PM »

Quote from: "Testament"
The ending nearly destroyed the experience for me.  I had to remind myself that 95% of the game was simply fantastic.

I'm not sure what happened.  Not only did they ignore such great potential storyline from VP1, but they completely destroyed it.  All for the sake of including generic anime garbage.

So the story doesn't get better?? That's rather disheartening, but the game is fun, so I guess that's all that matters.
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2006, 04:09:57 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
Quote from: "Testament"

So the story doesn't get better?? That's rather disheartening, but the game is fun, so I guess that's all that matters.

I'm not sure to answer that.  I really enjoyed the story until a very specific moment.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2006, 04:40:46 PM »

Just posted in the game journal. I just finished chapter 4 and my jaw is still on the floor. Not sure what Testament (i love that band btw) means, but so far the story is great.

Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2006, 05:34:48 PM »

Quote from: "Haven"
Just posted in the game journal. I just finished chapter 4 and my jaw is still on the floor. Not sure what Testament (i love that band btw) means, but so far the story is great.

Like I said, 95% of the game is simply amazing.  I don't simply mean the gameplay either.  It keeps getting better and better.  However, there is a specific moment where you can actually taste Star Ocean 3 (It's horrible storytelling)... at that point, the hole experience began to crumble.

(Yes, and my jaw hit the floor during that scene too...  I think you better prepare youself.  I was so looking forward to what would happen next as well... :()
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2006, 10:14:36 AM »

Story is getting better.
In chapter 3 somewhere.

Code:
Just found out rufus is just a vessel for Odin's use

Ice palace battles were annyoing!
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2006, 10:50:57 AM »

So, uh, do I need to have played the original Valkyrie Profile to enjoy Silmeria?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: