Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 08:28:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329283 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time hits PSP / PSN on July 31st!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time hits PSP / PSN on July 31st!  (Read 19964 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2012, 11:24:24 PM »

On the other hand there'll be the PSN version, and it'll likely have a sales event eventually where it is $20, maybe $15. If he wants the UMD though then, uhh, yeah, you better get that ASAP.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2012, 11:26:16 PM »

Yeah I always planned on getting it on the PSN, I don't buy disc based games for my PSP unless I have to, I'd rather play them a little bit upscaled on my Vita.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2012, 12:01:19 AM »

Yeah I always planned on getting it on the PSN, I don't buy disc based games for my PSP unless I have to, I'd rather play them a little bit upscaled on my Vita.

but with the UMD you can play it on your TV...... my PSP literally acts like a home console...

I'm really surprised more people don't appreciate this function of the PSP..... and the obvious question that comes to mind for most I'm sure is "how do the games look?" well let me lay that one to rest... they look just fine on a brand-freakin' new hd flat screen. And that is "just fine" as in, waaaay nicer then consoles of yesteryear. I even use the "zoom" function on my tv to make it even bigger and it still doesn't lose any definition or clarity.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2012, 01:49:45 AM »

but with the UMD you can play it on your TV...... my PSP literally acts like a home console...

And this can't be done with a PSN copy... why? You may be thinking of Vita, but if you have a PSP-2000 or 3000 still the option remains open.
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2012, 08:03:38 AM »

It would really really suck if we do not get EP.. I am going to hold out hope, though I am getting nervous.

I also did not mean that because we are getting growlancer means we are not getting TITS 2. I was not making a direct correlation, just did not know any other psp games announced.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:36:07 AM by Pmayo » Logged

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »

Personally, I'd wait until this time next year before giving up on TitS2. It's a massive game, so I hear, so I'd imagine it would be a while before we even heard anything about it. And...I thought I got an email from Atlus saying that we're getting Eternal Punishment this fall...but that may have been for Japan, now that I think about it.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2012, 05:14:47 PM »

I'm optimistic we'll see Trails in the Sky 2. I'm not optimistic about seeing it on PSP though: as nice as it'd be to continue on there and see how much they improved that port versus Trails in the Sky 1 it doesn't seem very practical to release on PSP now, whereas the PC is effectively immortal for that. Plus I think Oath in Felghana gives an idea of the level of improvement we can expect, and the PC version will be nicer anyway thanks to higher resolutions for everything and the lack of disc swapping. Wonder if they'll get the games ported to 3DS and we'll see them THAT way too though.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2012, 05:39:56 PM »

Yeah, I think the Ys Steam releases have been groundwork for Trails on Steam. Shame for the PSP fanbase, but better than nothing for sure.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »

And this can't be done with a PSN copy... why? You may be thinking of Vita, but if you have a PSP-2000 or 3000 still the option remains open.

oops.... let this be a lesson folks.... don't go posting in forums when working late and running on an hour and halfs sleep all weekend.... you may think then verbalize things that make you sound like a moron.... LoL..... sorry about that

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2012, 10:38:28 AM »

I guess I should start getting into buying things on steam. Scares me though because I feel like it could be like opening pandoras box, and I will start downloading WAY to much stuff.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2012, 12:30:08 PM »

I guess I should start getting into buying things on steam. Scares me though because I feel like it could be like opening pandoras box, and I will start downloading WAY to much stuff.
Lucky for you Steam's huge summer sale just ended so you should be able to control yourself when starting Steam. Fortunately, I was able to nab Ys Orgin and Torchlight before the sale ended yesterday. Back on topic, I'm looking forward to Growlanser coming out, but probably won't get it right away. Xenoblade (Wii) is occupying all my time at the moment. I still haven't bought a PSP Vita yet. I'm really hoping XSEED and other guys localize more JRPGs first. So far Ragnarok Odyssey is the only thing on my PSP Vita radar this Fall/Winter.

Playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U).
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2012, 08:55:37 PM »

Just a heads up:  Overstock.com has Wayfarer of Time for $26.74 (with automatic free shipping if it is your first purchase from them or if you have a club O membership ).  It's a great deal, especially if you plan on buying a few copies (you can get a max of 3 per order). 
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2012, 12:00:12 AM »

I made a bunch of avatars, though they might need to be resized for here.

Enjoy at your leisure.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2012, 02:24:28 PM »

I made a bunch of avatars, though they might need to be resized for here.

Enjoy at your leisure.

Thanks, just realized I didn't have an avatar for this forums yet.  I'll take Captain of the Death Wings and leave the pretty faces for someone else. 
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »

Nice contribution sir iwakura!! I am an avatar freak! I love them!! I also love custom cursors and icons as well.... I don't know why.... many many folders on my com of tiny graphics I have.... I love using gaming avatars for everyone in my phone instead of their picture!-LoL

I KNOW that is what will happen to me.... just how I am... when I discovered the library of DS and GBA games I missed out on I went freakin' nuts and spent waaay over 4 figures in less than two months collecting the whole lot of em that I wanted.... my compulsion to buy games and anime disgusts me... I have zero self control in that regard.... my wallet is still recovering from that financial excursion by the way...

On the Growlanser topic...good golly I can't wait til next week for this one... I just hope I can make it to gen. 3 in agarest before tuesday..... start of a new generation seems like a good "break" point for me to entertain  growlanser... I feel like if I stop before a gen shift it will be real hard to pick back up...

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: