Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 08:15:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329981 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time hits PSP / PSN on July 31st!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Print
Author Topic: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time hits PSP / PSN on July 31st!  (Read 20281 times)
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2012, 09:17:46 PM »

Anyone have a game script? The cutscenes don't seem to be captioned and my hearing isn't good enough to make out the voice acting :(

Do you have headphones?
You could use some and turn up the volume really high, though someone appears to have started uploading them to youtube, you could probably hear them easily with computer volume turned way up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aZbDxI4ogo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdEcHtXATJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlVlmiSVxL8

No, its not so much volume - I simply cannot hear enough frequencies to make speech understandable without captions or lip-reading. Can't hear on a phone either for that matter :p
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2012, 09:53:25 PM »

Does anyone have some pointers for the Alda Bridge return mission? My god. It never ends.

every single battle at alda bridge is a pain in the ass.  If it's the one I'm thinking of I'm guessing you're having trouble cause of the infinitely respawning enemies at the escape point.  I'm not sure what to recommend other than trying to go around the stupid axe guys if at all possible, they pop up faster than they can be killed.  the dash knack helps a lot.  if you have sleep spells those may also come in handy
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2012, 10:39:04 PM »

Anyone have a game script? The cutscenes don't seem to be captioned and my hearing isn't good enough to make out the voice acting :(

Do you have headphones?
You could use some and turn up the volume really high, though someone appears to have started uploading them to youtube, you could probably hear them easily with computer volume turned way up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aZbDxI4ogo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdEcHtXATJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlVlmiSVxL8

No, its not so much volume - I simply cannot hear enough frequencies to make speech understandable without captions or lip-reading. Can't hear on a phone either for that matter :p

I could probably post scripts for each scene once I get that appendix movie gallery thing unlocked, but that'd be it

Does anyone have some pointers for the Alda Bridge return mission? My god. It never ends.

This battle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnboEmztpng
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQIcUIIdxck

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2012, 03:30:13 PM »

just bought this game and battles are way too quiet without voices. luckily theres a cure for that. undub made the game much better.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2012, 11:09:16 AM »

In case you didn't realize, you actually only have to get one of your party members to the escape point to pass the mission.  The rest of them can then get KOed and you'll still pass.   It's certainly possible to get them all out but you'll probably find it much easier if you just move Crevanille or Eliza to the edge of the map, while the rest of the party backs them up with spells / healing items / Remus's bow.  Obviously use Dash if you have it (there's a gem you may have picked up that lets use it as an item).   Also, try to let the two opposing forces kill each other as much as possible, while you focus on the enemies blocking your escape route.

It's the first mission in the game I found a bit frustrating (because of the never-ending enemies factor).  But somehow I managed to get all my party members to escape after replaying it a few times. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:57:43 AM by daved » Logged
gutter2d

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2012, 02:55:42 PM »

Any chance they localize the Growlanser 1 remake that was released on the PSP in Japan a few years back?  We got 2 thru 5 over here now, so it would nice to have a chance to play the first game.  BTW, anyone know if the first game has any story connection to the other five games in the series?
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2012, 03:24:49 PM »

Any chance they localize the Growlanser 1 remake that was released on the PSP in Japan a few years back?  We got 2 thru 5 over here now, so it would nice to have a chance to play the first game.  BTW, anyone know if the first game has any story connection to the other five games in the series?

While I share in your hope to someday see Growlanser 1 (as well as 6) I think it is a pipe dream my friend.... we certainly won't be seeing any more on the PSP (its a miracle we got WoT)....

And what really sucks about it is the story for Growlanser 1 is related to 2. Though I'm not quite sure how exactly, I know many of the same characters are in both titles and 2 is supposed to act as a co-occuring scenario to 1 somehow... that is, rather than a chronological sequel, its timeframe (growlanser 2's) is supposed to be during the same time frame as growlanser 1..... or something like that.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2012, 01:06:03 AM »

Any chance they localize the Growlanser 1 remake that was released on the PSP in Japan a few years back?  We got 2 thru 5 over here now, so it would nice to have a chance to play the first game.  BTW, anyone know if the first game has any story connection to the other five games in the series?

While I share in your hope to someday see Growlanser 1 (as well as 6) I think it is a pipe dream my friend.... we certainly won't be seeing any more on the PSP (its a miracle we got WoT)....

And what really sucks about it is the story for Growlanser 1 is related to 2. Though I'm not quite sure how exactly, I know many of the same characters are in both titles and 2 is supposed to act as a co-occuring scenario to 1 somehow... that is, rather than a chronological sequel, its timeframe (growlanser 2's) is supposed to be during the same time frame as growlanser 1..... or something like that.

Growlanser 2 happens after Growlanser 1.  Many G1 characters make cameos or are party members in Growlanser 2.  For example, Carmaine and Xenos are party members in both G1&G2.  G3 is a prequel of G1.  so timeline wise...

G3 happens > G1 happens > G2 happens

It has been an extremely long time since I played G2 but I am pretty sure it takes place after G1 and not during.  otherwise some things woudln't make any sense
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:12:12 AM by TiamatNM » Logged
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2012, 01:11:47 AM »

This wikipedia article reminds me of Carmaine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_lisp

Seriously... how was he hero material for the first game? I just can't unhear it.

Obligatory Seindfeld edit: Not that there is anything wrong with that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:21:34 AM by Annubis » Logged
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2012, 01:24:02 AM »

unhear what?  does he have a gay lisp in growlanser 2 with his english voice?  it's been like a decade since I played it so I can't remember...
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2012, 11:04:33 AM »

I wouldn't entirely dismiss the possibility of a few more PSP games getting localized.  When you take into account that 70 million PSP systems have sold world-wide (compared to about 2 million PSVitas) and downloadable PSP games can be played on the Vita, there's still a siginficant market for PSP games.  I think the only reason more publishers aren't bringing out PSP games is the fear of rampant piracy on the system. 

That said, I think the chances of getting Growlanser I PSP over here are rather slim at this point.  I would love to be surprised though.  I do wonder why Atlus didn't localize it a couple years ago though.  Back in 2009-10, Atlus was publishing quite a few PSP games, so it seems strange they passed on one of their own properties.   I suspect that Atlus USA may have actually wanted to bring Growlanser I over, but perhaps SCEA denied it due to it's "bad" graphics.  But right now I think SCEA will approve just about any PSP game, so I think Atlus could do it if they wanted to.  I will hold on to some slim hope that they may still bring I over if Wayfarer of Time ends up making them a profit.  Of course, if Atlus doesn't even localize P2: EP, then Growlanser I has no chance. 
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »

And now the waterfall angel mission. Just what exactly hurts her?

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »

As far as I know she is fairly resistant to everything.  Just keep whacking her
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: September 03, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »

Best bet is probably gonna be leona and iirc, weapon damage +3 is extremely effective

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: September 03, 2012, 05:45:17 PM »

Best bet is probably gonna be leona and iirc, weapon damage +3 is extremely effective

If you can get your hands on it, cycle up and the double attack gem are also good choices on top of Weapon Damage +3.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: