Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 04:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332823 Posts in 13638 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time hits PSP / PSN on July 31st!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print
Author Topic: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time hits PSP / PSN on July 31st!  (Read 21162 times)
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2012, 05:45:53 PM »

yeah leona destroys bosses hard in general.  especially if you give her good gems and then use Berserk
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2012, 09:21:47 AM »

And now the waterfall angel mission. Just what exactly hurts her?

As far as I know she is fairly resistant to everything.  Just keep whacking her

Yeah, basically the best thing to do is kill off the other enemies as quickly as possible... then just have Crevanille and the others attack her, while using Frayne to heal / buff everyone else.  And whatever you do, don't cast Holy on her as Holy damage heals her.  Also, don't bother with knacks like Fierce Strike. 
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2012, 07:13:30 PM »

Yep, Fiona is a beast. Wish I'd used her for that fight. I won just with the normal four, but I since switched to Fiona. Yikes.

Eliza and Frayne were great for killing mages with magic bombardment though.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2012, 07:51:08 PM »

Also, don't bother with knacks like Fierce Strike. 

why not?  it does more than normal attack does

also, I played almost the whole game with Crev, Eliza, Leona, Frayne.  it was annoying at first not having Remus's archer ability but soon enough I wasn't missing him at all.  I used Meline instead of Frayne some near the end
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2012, 01:21:15 PM »

Also, don't bother with knacks like Fierce Strike. 

why not?  it does more than normal attack does

also, I played almost the whole game with Crev, Eliza, Leona, Frayne.  it was annoying at first not having Remus's archer ability but soon enough I wasn't missing him at all.  I used Meline instead of Frayne some near the end

Hmm, I could be completely wrong, but it seemed like the small additional damage to the angel from fierce strike was not worth the increased wait time.

I wish Leona would have joined the party sooner, she's awesome. 
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: September 08, 2012, 10:11:47 AM »

Well that was dumb.

-Bryntir: Attack him after I hit him!
[Boss leaves before Bryntir can even get near him]

[You lose! Good Day Sir!}

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: September 08, 2012, 10:40:31 AM »

I used permanence to to slow him down some, but impede may work too.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »

Well that was dumb.

-Bryntir: Attack him after I hit him!
[Boss leaves before Bryntir can even get near him]

[You lose! Good Day Sir!}

I think that was the first mission that really frustrated me.  After a few tries I realized that it was more a matter of positioning my melee characters in the right spot.  I had Crevanille get in front of Akyel and then as soon as Bryntir hit him I nailed him with fierce strike / impede and it was a piece of cake.  What really annoys me about this mission is  the fact that you can't save right before it.  Every time you fail, you have to hike back up to the ruins, get the magic rod, read the instructions, talk with Bryntir, etc. and the save point in the ruins doesn't work for some reason.   That's really my only complaint with this game; lack of save points.   Having to go to areas again doesn't add to the challenge, it just makes an otherwise fun game tedious.  Also, would've been great if there was a retry option after getting a game over on missions.

TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2012, 08:15:59 AM »

It's annoying when they don't let you use a save point.  The one before the Ludwig boss fight doesn't work either.  I've been wondering why the transgate outside the final area doesn't work
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »

I wish it did magic like Growlanser 2 (and maybe 3) did.
I really liked being able to cast a spell up to level 9 and spread it out as I saw fit, but now we gotta do joint spells and only have those for hitting multiple enemies.
Joint spells also make me wish it'd let me use 8 allies again.
Instead, it has me use 4 allies and keep a bunch back at home.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2012, 11:28:57 AM »

I miss that too, but the new gem system with learning abilities permanently more than makes up for it.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2012, 11:45:36 AM »

It's annoying when they don't let you use a save point.  The one before the Ludwig boss fight doesn't work either.  I've been wondering why the transgate outside the final area doesn't work
You can't retreat before the final fight with Ludwig, so I can just imagine the headaches that would be caused by someone saving there when they are ill prepared to fight Ludwig. They would basically have to restart the entire game when there is one to two story fights left in the game.....now why they felt it was necessary to put one there at all is a different question and I have no idea as to why.

And the transgate outside the final area needs to be activated. There is a torch somewhere in the middle of the dungeon that you have to fall down to reach. If you light the torch then you can use the transgate to move between the last part of the dungeon and outside the dungeon.
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2012, 04:10:34 PM »

You can't retreat before the final fight with Ludwig, so I can just imagine the headaches that would be caused by someone saving there when they are ill prepared to fight Ludwig. They would basically have to restart the entire game when there is one to two story fights left in the game.....now why they felt it was necessary to put one there at all is a different question and I have no idea as to why.

And the transgate outside the final area needs to be activated. There is a torch somewhere in the middle of the dungeon that you have to fall down to reach. If you light the torch then you can use the transgate to move between the last part of the dungeon and outside the dungeon.

I'm aware of the potential danger of using a save point there but I'd rather they just slap a warning text on it when you try to use it so you know that you should save it to another file just in case.  They did this in Growlanser 6 (maybe 5 too but can't remember).

weird about the transgate
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2012, 12:56:14 AM »

Just finished this this evening. For me it sort of jumped the shark after the last few missions.

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »

Just finished this this evening. For me it sort of jumped the shark after the last few missions.

I'm curious, which route did you complete?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: