Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 11:42:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327192 Posts in 13393 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time hits PSP / PSN on July 31st!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print
Author Topic: Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time hits PSP / PSN on July 31st!  (Read 19064 times)
Der Jermeister

Don't Mess with Him

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2012, 04:09:01 PM »

Just finished this this evening. For me it sort of jumped the shark after the last few missions.

I'm curious, which route did you complete?

I think the normal route, I want to say what happened but don't know how to do spoiler text.

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »

do you mean original or modified?

I think most people who play the game will get modified on their first run unless they know the conditions and aim for another ending

when trying to do spoilers you can click the # icon that says "insert code" when highlighted.  anything you put in there will be hidden

Code:
spoilers
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:18:46 PM by TiamatNM » Logged
Der Jermeister

Don't Mess with Him

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2012, 04:20:30 PM »

Code:
I got the ending with the final boss being the four-legged bug thing of Vester, and Crevanille dies after spells are nullified. The characters I had at the end were Crevanille, Eliza, Remus, Frayne, Hein, and Leona, all of the other recruitable characters died I think.

TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »

Code:
I got the ending with the final boss being the four-legged bug thing of Vester, and Crevanille dies after spells are nullified. The characters I had at the end were Crevanille, Eliza, Remus, Frayne, Hein, and Leona, all of the other recruitable characters died I think.

original ending then

Code:
crev did come back at the end though right?  Did you pick a character to end with or just go to sleep without talking to anyone on the last furlough night? 
Der Jermeister

Don't Mess with Him

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »

Code:
I don't remember clearly if Crev came back, was distracted by TV when I beat the game, but I did talk with most of my companions during the last furlough.

TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2012, 06:43:42 PM »

Code:
I don't remember clearly if Crev came back, was distracted by TV when I beat the game, but I did talk with most of my companions during the last furlough.

the last furlough is a one day thing, it's not like the others

Code:
when you choose the location (must be your town) and go to sleep it will have an event at night in your room where your fairy will say something like "can you think of anyone you'd like to spend your last moments with?" and you will be able to walk out of your room and knock on the door of the character you want to get the ending with.  if it says they are sleeping you have not fullfilled the requirements for that character's ending.  if they answer the door that means you can get their ending
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2012, 06:10:29 AM »

Code:
Is it just me or does the death wing guy seem like he was probably something like a clone of vester?
He mentioned that if his master exists, then he exists too.
AND THAT HAIR HE HAS NOT COVERED BY HIS MASK, it looks like he cut it maybe a couple feet.
I had that revelation mid-game and it seemed weird to me that he was given almost no attention.
for comparison:
http://growlanser.neoseeker.com/w/i/growlanser/b/b1/DeathWings.jpg
http://growlanser.neoseeker.com/w/i/growlanser/c/c9/Vester.jpg

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2012, 07:33:20 AM »

Code:

Alright so you probably got the Original Route- Lonely Ending then probably. Actually one of my preferred endings for the Original Route.

Code:
Which means in your ending Crev didn't explicitly come back.

I think the modified route works better for the last few battles, but I know that some people dislike the modified ending for being too"perfect" of an ending. If you enjoyed the gameplay, you might want to do another playthrough to see the modified route.

Code:
Is it just me or does the death wing guy seem like he was probably something like a clone of vester?
He mentioned that if his master exists, then he exists too.
AND THAT HAIR HE HAS NOT COVERED BY HIS MASK, it looks like he cut it maybe a couple feet.
I had that revelation mid-game and it seemed weird to me that he was given almost no attention.
for comparison:
http://growlanser.neoseeker.com/w/i/growlanser/b/b1/DeathWings.jpg
http://growlanser.neoseeker.com/w/i/growlanser/c/c9/Vester.jpg

Code:
I've seen other people suggest that. Personally I tend to think that the Death Wings Captain is probably the person that all other Vester clones is modeled after because the Death Wings Captain's actions don't really seem to advance Vester's plans prior to his first death.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2012, 01:01:36 AM »

Code:

the last furlough is a one day thing, it's not like the others

Code:
when you choose the location (must be your town) and go to sleep it will have an event at night in your room where your fairy will say something like "can you think of anyone you'd like to spend your last moments with?" and you will be able to walk out of your room and knock on the door of the character you want to get the ending with.  if it says they are sleeping you have not fullfilled the requirements for that character's ending.  if they answer the door that means you can get their ending

Yeesh. So that explains why I didn't get any ending choices, I just went back to sleep.

Good thing I kept a backtrack save!

Boy the final boss is NONSENSE.

Also, I agree the plot does lose steam big time near the end, but I loved the political intrigue stuff.

Not as good as 2&3's story, but the gameplay is Growlanser at its finest.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 01:09:06 AM by cj_iwakura » Logged

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2012, 01:58:04 AM »

ADMIN EDIT: No linking fansubs, thanks.
Art style is not so shiny, and Vallery stares off into space like he has no soul.
edit: I finally see it now, not to seem like an ass, but Remus looks like a girl.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:10:35 AM by Eusis » Logged

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: September 26, 2012, 07:50:06 AM »

so why is this considered by some the best in the series? so far ive enjoyed it less than 3.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »

so why is this considered by some the best in the series? so far ive enjoyed it less than 3.

I've seen several say they like 3 better.  I'm not really sure why this one is regarded as best or 2nd best by japanese and importers.  I kinda want to play 3 again but my ps2 is broke
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: September 26, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »

I also like 3 and 2 more, and not in that order.

I'm not sure why Japan liked 4 more than those. Maybe because Cley's prettier than Wein or Slayn, who knows.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: September 27, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »

So uh, recommendations for the final battle? It's pretty brutal stuff, and I think my two melee + two support strategy won't work well here.

I use Cley/Fiona for slice and dice, Trisha and Remus for range support.

I swapped Trisha out for Meline for her higher HP and better range attacks.

TiamatNM

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: September 27, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »

So uh, recommendations for the final battle? It's pretty brutal stuff, and I think my two melee + two support strategy won't work well here.

I use Cley/Fiona for slice and dice, Trisha and Remus for range support.

I swapped Trisha out for Meline for her higher HP and better range attacks.

modified route boss...

Code:
which part of the fight is giving you problems?  the 4 legged part or the part inside the netherworld with the floating skull head?  

for the 4 legged part kill all his friends first so you only have the boss to deal with (try to kill as many as you can while he's still in human form).  it helps if you have one of the characters always casting ice barrage so you can kill his clouds before they explode, even a level 1 will kill it.  some characters may be too slow to get out of range when he casts his AOE attack (the glowing circle on the ground) and will probably die, but the magic shell buff can nullify it.  Other than that, put on good gems like skill effect +3, weapon damage up, atw down, thorned power, intelligence up, etc to make your characters able to dish out high damage so you can smash him up.  recommend sending two fighters into melee range so he doesn't concentrate only on one of them and jack up their ATW gauge.  

for floating skull head (easier than the 4 legged form imo) just have one of hte characters with good melee use dash and attack one of the arms.  one reflects physical the other reflects magic.  if you use the correct type of attack you can just keep pounding on the arm and it wont be able to do anything about it.  i recommend sending 2 people forward along the two paths toward the skull head at the start, and one person to go kill an arm.  this way 2 melee fighters can be near the skull head and fight the clones while blocking the paths.  your 4th character can focus on buffs and heals.  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:31:06 PM by TiamatNM » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: