Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 07:21:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327206 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What game related stuff do you collect?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: What game related stuff do you collect?  (Read 2545 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:19:06 PM »

What game related stuff do you collect?  Art collections?  Soundtracks?  Figurines?

I know some members here collect soundtracks, and I'm curious how widespread this is and/or what other people collect.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:21:56 PM »

Figures, and as some of you now own, art books.
I have some clothing, some from work I use as PJs (a very awesome SotC one and a Metroid one ranked as my favs).

Maybe Ill be one of "those" nerds and take a shot of it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 10:34:47 PM »

I'm a minor collector of soundtracks and art books (I put a bit more effort into soundtracks) but I haven't really explored other areas.  For the longest time I didn't collect action figures I didn't want to be one of "those" nerds, but lately I've been thinking that a Solid Snake figurine on top of the desk next to the mini-busts of Beethoven and Brahms may make me seem a bit let pretentious. ;)  More seriously, though, I've looked around for one but they all seem to be out of print and available for no less than $50. :(  I guess I'll have to start the figurine collection elsewhere.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 12:04:50 AM »

I mostly collect games and English-language artbooks and info books.  I do own about a dozen Dragon Quest Sofubi Monsters, though: http://dragon-quest.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_Sofubi_Monster.  I'd get more if money wasn't quite so tight.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 12:57:32 AM »

I don't collect anything specific, but I do have a large collection of video game related stuff like accessories, toys, figures, art, and other knick-knacks. I suppose I semi-collect the games themselves, but only ones I actually like! Haha.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 01:49:25 AM »

I usually don't collect (much) game related stuff. When it comes to soundtracks, artbooks and figures it'd have to be ones that I'd REALLY like to have around. I have soundtracks for various old Square titles, a Persona artbook or two and Dante and Ezio figures. I used to have FFX-2 keychains too (and still have a Witcher one which is basically a weapon on its own), so really it's kind of random. That doesn't count random E3 swag either.

...the exception is Mass Effect, for which I have EVERYTHING. Comics, novels, art books, LEs, clothing, dog tags, a Normandy replica, I even have playing cards. And probably the FShep and Garrus PlayArts later this year.

They always put out a ton of lithographs for Mass Effect but it's one thing I don't buy. Kind of expensive to ship and not sure what I'd do with 'em anyway.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 02:00:09 AM »

I'm like FlamingR1ft on this one.  There's no particular thing I collect, and yet somehow I have ended up with all sorts of junk.  I mean collectibles.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 10:15:07 AM »

The only thing I buy nowadays is soundtracks. And even then, it's only for a select few games. My most recent purchases have been Mass Effect 3, Journey, To The Moon, and the Indie game Music bundle that had something like 15 soundtracks in it. The Fittest soundtrack by Zircon(Andrew Aversa) is a standout.
I used to buy, and still own, all sorts of jrpg music. Everything Ys and Final Fantasy, including Japan only stuff.
For the longest time I collected T-shirts, and still get a new one on occasion.  It helped that I worked at Babbages(pre-Gamestop) for 5 years. I had one for Symphony of the Night, Ocarina of Time, and others.
I also still have a random collection of guides, toys, etc. in a box somewhere.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 10:32:31 AM »

I collect the lamentations of my enemies.

Actually I guess the only thing I "collect" are board games, but I actually play them fairly regularly. Does that count?
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »

I used to collect special editions, etc.  Until I realized "I really don't do anything with this stuff except it sits on a shelf."  I do have some game decorations I'm keeping (Skyrim SE dragon, Bioshock 1 LE Big Daddy Figure, etc), but I'm way past buy-every-game-as-a-collector's edition.

I think the one that did it in for me was Civilization V.  Not only did I pay MORE for the game, the stuff in it was crap and I didn't get the DLC from the Digital Deluxe.  Awful deal.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 12:24:06 PM »

I've never really bought t-shirts, but if I saw one I liked I probably would.  I imagine this doesn't exist, but I would love a Metal Gear Solid t-shirt that shows Snake peeking out from under the cardboard box and reads "LIVE BY THE BOX, DIE BY THE BOX".  I do collect some games in special edition form, but only if it's something special to me or has awesome bonuses like a great soundtrack on disc.
Arhkaos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 05:16:55 PM »

I do have a couple artbooks and soundtracks, but only of games I care about, so I wouldn't call it a collection...

For me a "real" collection is when you start buying stuff you don't really care about just to complete it: I do have a couple of shitty RPGs for the DS since my goal is to get every one published on the system, so that's pretty much the only thing I would actually call a collection.

Of course nowadays you get a little something for every pre-orders so I do have a box full of various pre-order junk: stickers, cards, pens and stuff...

I have fury!
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »

I used to be an avid collector of game osts. Not so much anymore, except the occasional buy now and then.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 04:52:10 AM »

Odds and ends really. I only have a few things and no rhyme or reason as to what I'll buy, just whatever catches my eye when I'm in the mood to spend $$$

Everything's Eventual
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 02:07:07 PM »

I'm a big SMT fan, so I try and collect anything SMT related. Art books, the games themselves, figures, etc. I'm not crazy about it. Only what I can afford.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: