Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:11:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334783 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What game related stuff do you collect?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What game related stuff do you collect?  (Read 2979 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 04:13:06 PM »

I bought a few figures for my ultra super special favorite games (at the time, Metal Gear and Halo) but sadly, my asshole sisters decided to throw em out on me. Pissed me off real good, and helped establish my lack of desire to collect.

I tell you what though, if I ever find a Metal Gear Solid 1 Solid Snake figure with a Socom pistol and a cigarette in mouth, I'd probably buy it on the spot. Not some online shit though, like in a mall or a store or something. Has to be spontaneous, out of the blue.

Oh, I'd also probably do the same for a proper Mega Man X or Legends figure. Oohhhh, if I found a Megaman Volnutt with swappable arm cannons....I may squeal like a piglet.

TASTY!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 08:04:21 PM »

Mostly just collect games themselves.

Tho I do have a bunch of pokemon toys from McDonalds. And Pokemon plush. For some reason.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »

The latest addition to my collection:

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 10:16:02 PM »

Well, it seems that I am starting a collection.  Metal Gear Solid 3 had a strong effect on me and I found myself joining a Metal Gear forum...next thing I know I'm pre-ordering this figure.  Top of the line company producing it, 200 dollars.  A big step for a guy who has never paid more than $10 for an action figure before.  I thought I was insane until I saw several people on the forum talking about pre-ordering the Metal Gear Rex.  I also seem to have plans for a larger MGS collection.  Given my tendency to dive head first into the deep end when it comes to new hobbies I'll be taking it slow, though, Naked Snake figurine notwithstanding.  A soundtrack here, a dog tag there...No bidding on E-Bay for ridiculously expensive used LEs of games or anything like that.  I'll probably expand the collection to other games in time.  I'll see.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »

The latest addition to my collection:

Haha! I just got her too, she's wonderful, the colours are really something (the sort-of rainbow scheme of orange-to-yellow-to-green jells really well together).  Some of the parts are really loose though, I think when I find a pose I like I'm just gonna glue it all together (I'm sure some figure-tard would be offended by this somewhere).

I did get the Samus figma, which is 100% brilliant looking.  I always felt, and this figure confirms it, Samus' head would be really tiny inside...

I also found, for HALF the price online inside some Toronto anime store, the Final Fantasy creatures set.  It's 5 minifigs: Bahamut Sin (FF7:AC), that evil summon from FF12 with the lady on his wing, Valefor (FFX), Brothers (FF8), and -- my favorite -- Terra on top of her Magitek Armor.
These are pretty damn nicely painted given their scale.

Desert Walker: MGS figures, though not in my interest, have always been really well made.  Go for it, post it when ya got it!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:28:48 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 10:47:08 AM »

I also tend to just collect the games themselves, with a focus on RPGs. At the same time I cant resist a really nice looking players guide, and I have often thought of collecting the soundtracks to the Final Fantasy games, but besides the one that came with 13-2, I have not started that yet.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »

Some of the parts are really loose though, I think when I find a pose I like I'm just gonna glue it all together (I'm sure some figure-tard would be offended by this somewhere).

This gave me a good laugh.  Just remember, you already committed the ultimate figure-tard sin by removing it from the package!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 11:52:06 AM »

Some of the parts are really loose though, I think when I find a pose I like I'm just gonna glue it all together (I'm sure some figure-tard would be offended by this somewhere).

This gave me a good laugh.  Just remember, you already committed the ultimate figure-tard sin by removing it from the package!

Garbaged too. Bent, folded, tossed into recycling.  I'M SAVING D'PLANET.
But true.  Haha Ah well, most of the people who would buy these toys are too poor to buy them, maybe if I get sick of them, I can offer it at a price they can actually afford. :P

Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 12:54:27 PM »

Garbaged too. Bent, folded, tossed into recycling.  I'M SAVING D'PLANET.

Good for you.  I have no problems with people wanting to keep stuff in box and mint, for the most part*, but I personally don't feel like any collector's item I own is truly mine until I take it out of box/case and destroy a portion of the (monetary) value.  Not to mention, I think that figurines look better when they're not hiding inside of a box. :)

*I will admit that I find it bizarre when people buy a soundtrack and insist on keeping it wrapped and downloading a bootleg off the internet or, worse, buy a limited edition version of a game to keep sealed and buy a regular version to play if they plan on keeping the LE rather than selling it.  If they have that much disposable income to play with they can do what they please but to me the whole point of buying an LE version is the extra shit you get with the game (concept art, soundtrack, etc.) which you have no access to if you don't open it.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »

Fuck if they made SMT-related miniatures I would buy the fuck out of those.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »

There's quite a few Persona related stuff out there. I've got quite a few of this.

Everything's Eventual
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 03:04:00 AM »

There's quite a few Persona related stuff out there. I've got quite a few of this.

They're so pathetically adorable. x)

Aaiiight... Here we go:

My art book collection.  Err, if this says anything about me, I don't really like anime -- I like video games. :D
This includes most (but not all) of the game art books I own, and doesn't include (a) the stuff I sold to peeps here (clearly), and (b) painters works from the Renaissance, Baroque, etc. and comic books (er, American ones).
Oddly included is a DevArt artists book (I have a few of those, I guess that one got thrown in by accident?)
The top white one that's hard to see is the massive Tales of 15th Anniversary artbook-cyclopedia, and the bright nameless one at the bottom is the Atelier Artbook compilation of Rorona, Totori, and Meruru.

Two more additions coming to this family soon: A Suikoden II artbook [!!!], and a FFTA2 ultimania-like thing (a game which has, EASILY, the most underrated artwork I've ever seen).

PS: feet!

Relevant given the amount of threads here that mention "FF".  The monster collection.  For tiny-ass figures, there is some awesome detail here (let's just say the Valefor shot has an eraser for size comparison) .  The Terra one obviously being my favorite. x)

Sin of sins, I like the $35 Tear Grants figure more than the $90 one released by Alter (I felt the cheap one got her "look" better... only thing is her titties are kinda eggplant-sized awkward).  That Luke statue is the coolest thing though, that is an Alter (with changeable head for short-hair Luke... butt fuck it, it ain't as cool as dickhead Luke).  For a cheap $15 figure, the Estelle figure is one of my favorites and turned out surprisingly well, where, unlike most depictions, actually got her hair colour close to how Fujishima originally drew her!  Estelle Nendo with an Angry Bird behind her, very cute.  The Samus Figma is awesome.... posing her is tough and painful (angular armor). And some Zelda Skyward Sword standee cutout of Link and a Twilight Princess cloth poster (the contrast is up way higher than the original art, it's stunning, it almost looks like it actually *glows*).

I got other goods, but this is the cream of the crop.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:19:31 AM by Dice » Logged

Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 06:26:29 PM »

I've seen some photos of the Samus figure and it is very well done.  You must be happy to have that one in your collection.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »

@Dice: My god, what a nerd.

(Really though, wow, nice collection)

EDIT: Though seriously, what a nerd.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:23:36 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »

I lurve seeing pics of collections. Y'all should post more!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: