Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 08:44:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327636 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  Woudl love to see reviews for..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Woudl love to see reviews for..  (Read 3887 times)
duomaxwell007

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: July 18, 2012, 12:19:12 PM »

White Knight Chronicles 2 and the newly released Rainbow Moon >.>
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »

Both are in the works as we speak, actually. Keep an eye out. :)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »

What she said :3 :D

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
duomaxwell007

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »

cool Ive been waiting for that WKC2 review since Sept of last year lol, cant wait to see what you guys think of rainbow moon, ive only spent and hour with it ad Id already give it a 10/10... ive NEVER had an RPG be THAT good with only that brief amount of playtime, usually takes hours before Im starting to have fun and stop falling a sleep at teh controls (final fantasy 13 im looking at you lol)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 02:00:18 PM »

I think September is when I started playing it - took this long to get to the end of WKC2.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 05:34:29 PM »

I'm playing Rainbow Moon now. It's fun, and I like the presentation, but it is most definitely a grinder's paradise.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
duomaxwell007

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 01:49:28 AM »

nice review.. I expected at least a 65 or 70 which is exactly what you gave it lol. Only thing i dont agree with (and this goes for EVERY WKC2 review Ive seen) is the complaints that theres no tiops for beginners and you have no idea whats going on lol...

I mean why bother giving WKC2 a tutorial or a GOOD recap of the first game when its included on the disc? You want tips and story understanding? thats simple play the first game first which they conveniently included on the disc FOR you lol. Now I could see if WKC2 and 1 were separate games and someone bought 2 without playing 1 (which imho would still be stupid.. i mean would you watch the matrix reloaded without seeing the matrix?) but if they DID do something like that then yes the I could understand the lack of tutorial or previous game story recap in THAT situation lol.

though I blame SCEE/D3 Publisher.. the Japanese version of WKC2 (which also includes WKC1 on the disc) has WKC2 locked and makes you unable to lay it unless you have a WKC1 completed save file.. had they not removed that feature from the EU and US versions, I wouldnt have to see those complaints in every review because then theyd be FORCED to play the first game first (you know the one that actually HAS a tutorial and the beginning of the story so that people arent lost as to whats going on when the start part 2)? lol
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 08:01:34 PM »

Ugh - I would have complained a TON if I'd had to play the first as a hard-coded prerequisite for the second.  Also, I wouldn't have finished until next September. ;)

As for the recap/tutorial question, I can't speak for other reviewers, but my position was that if I needed to play the first as part of my review for the second game, then it wouldn't really be a review of the second game.  It'd be a review of both games.  When writing a review, I need to try to rate the game on its own merits, regardless of what may be available outside of that game that would enhance the experience.  Sometimes a tougher challenge than others.  I also felt like even those who played WKC1 might have appreciated a recap if it had been a while since they played the first one.

Not trying to be defensive at all there - just thought your comment was a valid one that deserved a response.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
duomaxwell007

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »

no problem and youre right about what you said in normal circumstances (i,.e having to play part 1 would have been reviewing BOTH game instead of one), except with the case of WKC2 its more of an expansion pack to part 1 than a sequel, infact part 2 consist entirely of going through all the levels (same layout in everything) you did in part 1 but in the reverse order with only 4 new areas added (3 of which are at the end and 1 at the begining) and 1 new town. So for a TRUE sequel thats pretty pathetic.

But the fact of the matter is WKC1 and 2 were originally supposed to be one game but due to time they split it in two and released what they had... so technically with WKC2 youre playing disc 2 of one "2 disc game" instead of a sequel, which explains why a save file from 1 was requirement  in japan to play 2 and which 2 had no tutorial or story recap.. i mean if yo play a multiple disc game they dont recap or give a new tutorial at each new disc right? just think of it that way :p

But as for the review score itself I love the game but wouldnt give it more than a 60-70 myself, but considering theres no real MMORPGs or monster hunter/phantasy star online type game son the PS3... WKC2 sis your only choice at the moment if thats the kinda fix/game you want... and right now that the price has dropped to a mere 20 bucks, its WELL worth the investment (back when it was 60 id definitely say rent first.. but 20? I say go ahead and get it lol)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: