Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:35:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334756 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  *RUMOUR* FF 15 to be open world *PROBABLY FAKE*
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: *RUMOUR* FF 15 to be open world *PROBABLY FAKE*  (Read 4158 times)
Jetto

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 11:09:54 PM »

Wow, SO dissapointed.

FFXII gameplay BLEW
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 12:08:39 AM »

it didnt blow but i'd rather have FF X gameplay.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 01:48:28 AM »

Wow, SO dissapointed.

FFXII gameplay BLEW
XII as a game blew, but its gameplay and gambit system were actually pretty cool.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 02:51:52 AM »

FFXII was good.  Not perfect, but a much better foundation to work from than FFXIII...

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 03:36:46 AM »

What I'd want to see is a more direct controlled party leader with gambit controlled party members. That stops the plays itself complaints people had with the system and gives you the whole 'leader' feel that games like Persona 3 and Dragon Quest 4(nes) have tried before with forced AI. Except unlike those games you wouldn't have to worry about shitty AI, because you make the AI.

Unless you make your AI shitty. But then you can just fix it.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 08:12:20 AM »

The rumor that VXIII became XV is sounding pretty viable right now.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »

I!m with you guys on the story department. As much as I love my Elder Scrolls or Fallout I don't want my Final Fantasy to become like it.
If it were a spin off I would like Square to make a Final Fantasy more like Demon's/Dark Souls, it seems much more likely for them to achieve this than something like Skyrim in the open world department. They already have a lot of Final Fantasy lore they can use, tons of classes, spells.

As for what Prime Mover said, even though I've enjoyed most of the recent FFs I totally support your thoughts. Even if the games did some amazing stuff on one side, they have a problem on another. Even FFX that I put among my favorites, I have to agree about it not having interesting locales.

Maybe this is why recently SE have decided to do spin offs of almost every FF game. If anything, at least we may have some good feelings remembering those places.

beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 12:03:52 PM »

speaking of rumours today kotaku reported that versus 13 is dead and that sqeenix has decided to keep it quiet so not to ruffle the stock. if that's the case i hope they hit those bullet points cause after watching the versus 13 gameplay trailer i see what the hype was about. i wouldn't be so surprised if they fold versus 13 into 15 somehow.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »

speaking of rumours today kotaku reported that versus 13 is dead and that sqeenix has decided to keep it quiet so not to ruffle the stock. if that's the case i hope they hit those bullet points cause after watching the versus 13 gameplay trailer i see what the hype was about. i wouldn't be so surprised if they fold versus 13 into 15 somehow.

They're crazy if they think they can keep anything quiet nowadays. Versus XIII is way, way too highly anticipated for that.

If they don't merge it into XV, it's reputation suicide.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »

The most reasonable thing that SE could do is changing the name of the game like did with Agito XIII to Type-0.

Type-0 instead of having direct connections to the XIII universe it only has (to my understanding at the moment since I haven't play the game yet) references that link both titles together for the sake of the whole Fabula Nova Crystallis series, which when was originally announced was called "Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII" and all the three games announced with the project had the "XIII" in the title to make the connection more obvious to the public somehow.

Though, in the case that Versus XIII is renamed to be the new FFXV that would be kinda weird since along with Type-0 was said to be part of the Fabula Nova series, and in a way that what's makes it interesting.

Edit: Now that I remember there's the track "Somnus" on Theatrhythm listed as a song from Final Fantasy Versus XIII. So that's something important to consider too I guess.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:50:48 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Champlooz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 04:38:43 PM »

I don't know why they are releasing all these sequels? Are there even people who rather have a XIII sequel instead of a brand new FF? Everyone loves the PS1 FFs, why did they have to change how it was back then?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 04:40:52 PM »

OK, as this rumor currently sounds fake I'm locking the thread to prevent more people getting misled.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: