Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 05:30:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327872 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Tri-Ace RPG, Infinite Undiscovery
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: New Tri-Ace RPG, Infinite Undiscovery  (Read 5962 times)
ShdwDrake
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2006, 05:02:12 PM »

I too am dissapointed about it coming out for the 360, I may get one in the future but i highly doubt it.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2006, 06:44:25 PM »

Yeah, the reason that I'm not excited is because I don't see myself putting money down on the 360, at least not for a long time.
phan1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 04:07:52 AM »

I'll eventually own all 3 systems, though it will probably be after a good 5-6 years.  I don't buy games that are $50 (unless rare), and I don't buy systems over $300.  Usually I wait till they're $200.  So yeah, I think I'm going to be waiting a while...  If I contain myself of course. :)  

The next gen systems look to be a very good jump forward compared to the jump from PSX to PS2.  The PSX just had such a good library of games, waiting for prices to drop was not difficult.  I didn't feel like I missed out on much when PS2 arrived.  But now, it seems like every game looks F'n SWEET!  

And it also seems like developers really want to do new things instead of just making the same things with better graphics, which is why I never considered buying a PS2 at $300.  Plus, you throw in the fact that the graphics weren't nearly as good as previously advertised, and you come away feeling that the PS2 was incredibley lame.  Anyone remember the FFVIII FMV sequence that was supposedly running in real time on PS2?  What a total load of fluff!  I'm surprised there hasn't been more outrage over that crap!  And the first generation PS2 games just looked awful!  Gamecube games also didn't end up looking as good as when first shown.

But with the significant increase in price, we should really expect a whole lot more this time around.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 04:14:19 AM »

I actually think the GC did a pretty good job at comparing, but it took awhile - RE4 and Twilight Princess easily match, if not surpass, the level shown off initially. And I thought the games generally looked pretty good.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: