Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 05:43:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334648 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Quest X (Nintendo Direct) 37 Minute Preview
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dragon Quest X (Nintendo Direct) 37 Minute Preview  (Read 2665 times)
Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:37:34 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5aoxtxge5M

Enjoy.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 09:06:10 AM »

No freakin' clue what to make of this game.  I love the large environments and multiplayer, but it looks.... kinda.... dead.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:00:30 AM »

Wow, that looked about as thrilling as I've found every other Dragon Quest game.

(not thrilling at all)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 12:13:08 AM »

Square Enix hopes to support Dragon Quest X for 10 years:

"Sony likes to say that it supports its hardware for ten years. Square Enix appears to be taking a similar long term approach with Dragon Quest X.

Nikkei reports that the game will get major version up revisions every ten weeks. Square Enix plans on offering download content for the game for around ten years, according to the paper."
-- Source: andriasang
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 12:37:55 AM »

This looks lame as hell but I hope it does well because I want console MMOs to become viable. I never got into FF11 but I'd probably join in if there was a newer and polished console mmo that fit well w/ friends.

The interior environments are terrible in this. And the part where they were "showing" off them made me angry. Why didn't they just push this back to the wii-u?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 04:42:05 AM »

I don't understand the idea of putting this on the wii, a system designed for local multiplayer fun, not online activity. If this ended up on ps3 or even pc, I'd be stoked, but having played wii titles online, this has no hope of being a good game, which blows because I loved DQIX as a multiplayer game.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 05:05:56 AM »

I'm not interested at all in the game personally but is gonna be interesting to see how much it sells in Japan.

Also, Square Enix released a keyboard for DQX and the Happy Console Gamer posted an unboxing video about it. Is just a blue keyboard with Slimes... cute way to make money.
Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »

I imported DQX. If you guys have any questions, shoot.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »

I don't understand the idea of putting this on the wii, a system designed for local multiplayer fun, not online activity. If this ended up on ps3 or even pc, I'd be stoked, but having played wii titles online, this has no hope of being a good game, which blows because I loved DQIX as a multiplayer game.

It's going to be on Wii U as well for whatever that's worth. I'll honestly be surprised if we even see the Wii version.

This actually sounds like it'd be an MMO I'd really like so far. Less like trying to adapt it to the EQ or WoW models, and simply being a Dragon Quest you can play online with other people, assuming you don't just blow them off and do your own thing with recruited team members.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »

You mean Dragon Quest IX, Eusis?

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 12:05:36 AM »

You mean Dragon Quest IX, Eusis?

No, I meant DQX with all of that. Though I believe there's time restrictions or whatever on the AI partners you can hire.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:10 PM »

I think he was being sarcastic, but good on you for not even noticing, because he is undermining a very big point: ONLINE multiplayer.

I can't get 3 real life friends to care about the same game at the same time UNLESS it's an MMO, but that's a whole other topic.  Hired NPC's don't have souls, plain and simple.  I like things with souls in my videogames.  Run and tell THAT

To be perfectly fair, I'd buy Dragon Quest 9 for Wii if it would offer online play.  DQX doesn't need to be a whole lot more than that.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 09:48:36 PM »

I think he was being sarcastic, but good on you for not even noticing, because he is undermining a very big point: ONLINE multiplayer.

I can't get 3 real life friends to care about the same game at the same time UNLESS it's an MMO, but that's a whole other topic.  Hired NPC's don't have souls, plain and simple.  I like things with souls in my videogames.  Run and tell THAT

I'd rather not be forced to have others around in order to actually enjoy the latest entry in a series I've been enjoying offline, thanks. It was already incredibly frustrating how antagonistic to solo play FFXI was, and I think that's just a bad design call period for series with histories like this. Granted, that would call into question whether being an MMO's really necessary, but it leaves the option there with more content reliably provided, ideally anyway, and I wonder how much trouble I'll really have finding others I know to play with come launch.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 12:30:13 AM »

All I meant was that I'd replace an NPC with a live player, even if they sucked, just for the simple fact that it's a person trying to work with me.  I never meant to imply that NPCs should be removed... just that boring grinds are more fun with an unpredictable human.  I'll min-max for boss fights all day long with NPCs.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: