Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 01:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334699 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  TERA: Argon Queen
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TERA: Argon Queen  (Read 3208 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 27, 2012, 05:21:17 AM »

Looks like they finally announced the release date of the second half of the Argon expansion for TERA. The Argon Queen looks to add some much needed endgame content. Shandra Manaya looks fucking vicious too.

TERA: The Argon Queen
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 04:29:19 PM »

Knew it would come sometime in August They would be insane not to release it before GW2 released, especially battlegrounds as pvp in the game is in pretty bad shape.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 08:40:19 PM »

Just this morning, while camping outdoors in a tent (about as far removed from computers and games as possible), my middle child Micah (who took a liking to TERA's enivronmental art when I first played it) asked me when I would play TERA again.

Looks like now's as good a time as any. My poor Elin Mystic feels neglected!

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:50:12 AM »

Looks like we are getting a patch on July 31st with some nice buffs for zerkers, the return of Velika's Boon (dungeon finder buff), endgame dungeon difficulty nerf and improved drop rates. It's the Blizzard content curve all over again.  One cool thing they are doing with the AQ patch is changing all gear level 58 and below into templates, which means that sweet looking unique gear from LoT and ET can now be used to reskin. Yay!

I still think having Nexus as your pre-requisite for the new raids is retarded. Only a handful of servers can clear a stage 3, much less an entire map.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 04:30:38 PM »

Looks like we have another sale on TERA. Amazon is offering the standard edition for 50% off, the collector's for 25% off.

Amazon TERA Sale.

BTW, the new patch rocks. I'm lovin the buffs the zerker, and Kaprima a a freakin' loot pinata. They broke BT though, alot of the bosses are hard-mode in normal mode. Hotfix should be forthcoming.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 01:44:27 PM »

August 22nd is the big patch date. Some notable additions too.

The Argon Queen patch will be live on August 22 and the major contents of the patch (new skills, instances, battleground, etc.) are being updated on the Argon Queen Preview page. But in addition to those, we want to share more information on other changes that are included in the Argon Queen update. Of course, we will have more details in our patch notes and please note that these are subject to change as they are under development/implementation/testing.

In next week's patch, archers will have a larger target hit box for several skills along with a few other tweaks. The cool down time of all pre level 60 instance dungeons will be decreased to 10 minutes (5 minutes when using the Instance Matching System) and we will remove the party disband option to discourage unnecessary and random party disband occurrences.

The required amount of Practicum and Dire Badge to obtain glyph boxes will be decreased in Temple of Temerity. Also the incorrect stats on ice/fire items from Kelsaik's Nest hardmode instance have been adjusted accordingly (link to the detailed thread).

Other convenience tweaks include auto-dismount when trying to gather, climb or enter an instance, addition of general (world) and role play chat channels, and being able to use mounts in certain areas where you couldn't before.

We will have the full patch notes before the patch is released next week.

Source

They've updated alot of the Argon Queen page as well. Really looking forward to battlegrounds and the new dungeons. Visionkeeper looks sick!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 09:13:33 PM »

I'm slow as hell, finally reinstated my subscription and am currently lvl 31, screwing around in Chebika before I go to ... Ost-something.

This game is too gorgeous to ignore. End of discussion. :P

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 05:45:50 PM »

Screenshot spam incoming - you've been warned.

Inside Kelsaik's Nest. Pretty creepy stuff.

My Zerker hanging out in Castanica.

Took a while, but managed to get all my characters their summer swimsuit attire.

The new patch allowed us to use level 58 and below armors for templates, so I reskinned Arliman using the unique armor and weapons from Ebon Tower.

Rear Shot.

The Argon Queen patch also gave Warriors "Cross Parry" which is essentially a block. Allows us to be better tanks.

Here's my "real tank" in full enigmatic Tier 13 armor from Argon Corpus. No glow on the lance yet because fodder drops are hard to come by.

Rear shot.

Crazy batman lance.

Here's the inside of the new dungeon - Argon Corpus. That beast is the next to last boss - he's pretty bonkers the first time you fight him.

Flying over Argonea while Nexus portals are opening.

Stage III Nexus BAM.

After clearing a zone of all Nexus portals, a Nexus Shard spawns, which is basically a portal into TERA's first "raid" dungeon - The Nexus Traverse.

What raid would be complete with the pre-raid "coffee and bio break."

First chamber - tons of trash. Total dust cloud of damage numbers and spell effects.

Final Boss of the Nexus Traverse - the Nexus Sovereign. Yes, I know... recycled BAMs, yay.

The fight itself actually had some mechanics as he will spawn mobs and other BAMs as his health goes down. Need two tanks to keep them away or he gets buffed.

He's a pretty big BAM. His trample damage is nothing to sneeze at.

When the Nexus Sovereign dies, he literally explodes like a lewt pinata with T13 and T14 enigmatics, PVP, PVE superiors etc.

So far, having a blast with the new patch. The difficulty of enchanting seems to be more bearable due to refined and masterwork alklhest dropping in AC and much slower accumulation of enchanting fodder. It doesn't hurt that the non-enigmatic BoP superior items are as good as +6 to +7 enigmatics.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: