Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 08:18:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319733 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Adventures of EPDA (or how to play Final Fantasy I like a colossal dumbass)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: The Adventures of EPDA (or how to play Final Fantasy I like a colossal dumbass)  (Read 14468 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2012, 02:45:52 AM »

I like me some "High-Potions".
I sound like a Cali-girl.  Geting high and still worried about gettin' my fash-on even in the face of diaster.
Even though I'm saying this while I'm coming off a high, let it be known, I am not a rampaging drug addict abuser. :(

What's happening to Parn though?  His SSJ status ain't given him and fancy Kamehamehas.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 03:02:18 AM »

I figure wolves in the ice cave must be pretty damn cold already. I think he's onto something hitting them with ice magic.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2012, 03:07:57 AM »

I figure wolves in the ice cave must be pretty damn cold already. I think he's onto something hitting them with ice magic.

Like what? Killing them from hypothermia?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 03:24:47 AM »

If they get cold enough, their blood will freeze, allowing me to shatter them with my mighty dagger!

TASTY!
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 03:49:20 AM »

Like what? Killing them from hypothermia?

Oh the...

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2012, 10:03:14 PM »

Hey guys, I'm cosplaying as myself.

TASTY!
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 11:40:15 PM »

These are totes awesome. Essentially a small animation budget away from being RPGFan: The Animated Series.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »

Hey guys, I'm cosplaying as myself.

Oh man, love the new avvy!!

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 02:20:19 AM »

In the cave, the team finds a robot who is suffering for an eternity. Its large yellow eyes long for the sweet release of death. Every moment it still lives is an eternity of torment. It begs for them to end its pain.

Instead, they go through its storage compartment for treasure, then steal all the treasure it was guarding. To add insult to injury, Agent D relieves himself on it.

In here the party finds a ribbon. Even though it is an ordinary ribbon, Dice equips it instead of the gear that might actually protect her head.

Dice likes the ribbon so much, as soon as she finds more, she equips THEM ALL. There is a ribbon on her head, on both her wrists, and she is wearing ribbon on her body. Think on that. Dice feels pretty in pink. But deep down, she knows what her mother always said was true. She will never be pretty, and no man will ever love her.

In a fit of tears, she demands the party go to a caravan in the desert to fuel her never-ending quest to find ... something.

The team finds a con artist peddling a faerie. Parn is fascinated by faeries. It comes in a bottle. Eusis spends most of his time during the traversal between the caravan and the next town tormenting the creature, screaming "HEY LISTEN" to it when it least suspects.

When they reach town, Agent D wonders what eating the faerie will do. He accidentally lets it out.

To be fair, I heard Eusis say something along the lines of "Those are some pretty little wings you've got there. It would be a shame if something happened to them," and then not demand anything, making it less extortion and more a violent threat that lingers forever.

Is that like oxygen? So air? The fearie gave the team air for letting it go? Eusis, you are the worst negotiator ever.

Agent D finds a new MIGHTY DAGGER.

Because all good plans begin with the words, "Get in the barrel."

Parn: "There is no end result where I won't regret this."

In the sea is a magical wonderland where the mermaids swim around buck-naked, their mermaid titties hanging out for all to see. Agent D thinks he has gone to heaven, and tries the pickup line that has never worked for any guy, ever: "Want to see my third leg?" That's awful, Agent D. Shockingly, this works, because mermaids, counter to what Disney movies would have us believe, are stupid as hell and think striped pants are fashionable. Agent D breaks into song and dance.

"OH UNDER THE SEA
UNDER THE SEAAAA
I'M GONNA FONDLE
MORE TITS THAN THAT OL'
ASHTON HAS SEEEEEEEN!"

He just kind of goes on like that for a while.

Parn attempts to get the mermaid to look at his magic wands. That's not a euphemism. He's trying to offload the wands that Agent D won't touch. No merchant will take them, so he's hoping the mermaids will be too stupid to know that he's hawking useless shit.

Eusis' eyes just sort of glaze over when he discovers that the town of mermaids has no weapon shop and thus he has no upgrades.

Dice is trying to figure out if the mermaids' assets are better than hers.

Eusis, furious that there are no equipment shops, takes the mermaids for all they're worth.

Awesome. Bitches love guys who can speak Lufenian.

Parn realizes that one of the wands he failed to sell can heal the party. Tired of constantly relying on painkillers, he starts using it.

Agent D's still not faring any better.

We have come full circle. The mages are using physical attacks or getting high. The physical fighters are casting spells. Well done. You guys are the epitome of efficiency.

Despite never casting any spells (except TEMPER and HASTE and only ever on himself) Agent D gravitates towards the spell named "Death."

Oh God. Kraken's gonna rape us, isn't he?

SABER IS NO LONGER THE EXCLUSIVE DOMAIN OF THE BLACK WIZARDS ANYMORE MY FRIEND.

Shockingly, the party defeats Kraken in one try, and all it took was Agent D dying (again).

Tired of restoring the land, the party goes to kill a random ass monster. Eusis and Parn are coming into their own, damage-wise.

Agent D fails to keep up even when using something he should be good at. He sucks at sucking. A new low.

Not satisfied, Agent D buys more spells. Of course he ignores everything else when he sees the word "Kill" and immediately buys the spell. He tries it and it doesn't work. It never works. IT WILL NEVER WORK.

Eusis decides more training is in order. You know what that means.

"IT'S THE DESTROYER! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!"

816 damage against a monster with 8 HP. The term "overkill" is not a part of Eusis' vocabulary, apparently.

Eusis laughs at the Goblins' feeble attempts to resist.

Eusis needs therapy or something.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:27:37 AM by Ashton » Logged

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 03:24:29 AM »

"OH UNDER THE SEA
UNDER THE SEAAAA
I'M GONNA FONDLE
MORE TITS THAN THAT OL'
ASHTON HAS SEEEEEEEN!"

...that was bad! You should feel bad! XDD Oh good grief; now I can't get that damn thing out of my head. You have wrought pain upon someone who has a phonographic memory. XP
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2012, 05:01:25 AM »

"OH UNDER THE SEA
UNDER THE SEAAAA
I'M GONNA FONDLE
MORE TITS THAN THAT OL'
ASHTON HAS SEEEEEEEN!"

...that was bad! You should feel bad! XDD Oh good grief; now I can't get that damn thing out of my head. You have wrought pain upon someone who has a phonographic memory. XP

Better than having some rear end in a top hat make some random link to the opening of the SegaCD version of Lunar: The Silver Star. I'll be hearing that damn song "Alllll~Throoouuugh~Theee~Niiiight!".

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2012, 05:16:18 AM »

"OH UNDER THE SEA
UNDER THE SEAAAA
I'M GONNA FONDLE
MORE TITS THAN THAT OL'
ASHTON HAS SEEEEEEEN!"

Better than having some rear end in a top hat make some random link to the opening of the SegaCD version of Lunar: The Silver Star. I'll be hearing that damn song "Alllll~Throoouuugh~Theee~Niiiight!".
That song is so bad and cheesy...  yet ever so catchy......it will rot your brain.....fuck....  now its stuck in my head
keep marching on~
Fighting through the darkness~
All is evil, still we must press on~
 friendships forged in battle ~
Watch your backs now, take heed! ~
 coooome back to meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 02:35:14 AM »

So when do we get the FFVII version of RPGfan let's play?

TASTY!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 02:54:32 AM »

Maybe VI would be better? More cast members so you could theoretically enlist at least half the regulars as characters right? XD It's also have the challenge factor for the player of switching characters more often than you usually would (equal screen time and all) with different groups/factions having their own chapters.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 03:15:01 AM »

I'd think the problem is that each of the characters in those games is set in stone. Even III screws it up with the officially in English version replacing the Onion Kids with actual characters.

There is, however, FFT.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: