Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 01:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330205 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  CD Projekt hiring multiplayer programmer for "Dark Fantasy RPG"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CD Projekt hiring multiplayer programmer for "Dark Fantasy RPG"  (Read 765 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2012, 02:25:51 AM »

"CD Projekt is hiring for a multiplayer programmer for a "dark fantasy RPG", according to a listing from the Polish developer.

CDP Red has been hiring as of late for two IPs: one for its new IP based on Cyberpunk 2020, announced just before E3, and the other being a "dark fantasy RPG" that's "known around the world". The listing falls under the latter category, suggesting online is set to shape The Witcher 3 in some form."

"The listing reads: "CD Projekt RED is looking for an experienced multiplayer programmer to work in our core team. Your main responsibility will be to prepare our engine for challenges of upcoming online component of our future games.

"You will lead our studio through necessary steps to adapt to the new tasks and different way of thinking where necessary."
-- Source: RPG Site
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 06:26:41 PM »

multi-player makes sense in cyberpunk. i haven't got a chance to play the witcher series yet i don't think my comp would do it justice and i don't have a 360. multi-player in games that are mostly single player seem sorta tricky. what kinda combat system does witcher have? i guess from all i've heard about it's dialog system i think bioware so i assume the combat is like dragon age. aside from demon/dark soul's i haven't played much where i like the multi-player. i'm not interested in multi-player challenge maps like batman or assassin's creed. co-op and pvp on the other hand are pretty sweet.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 09:37:35 PM »

Both Witcher games have you controlling a single character rather than a party, so they're not really like Dragon Age, and the combat is action-based. The only thing the combat shares in common is that you can pause in the first game (TW2 just lets you slow down time when you open the quick menu). The Witcher is sort of like Vagrant Story in that you have to chain timed attacks together, and the sequel ditches that in favour of something more like modern action/adventures, only clunkier, though it's still an improvement on the first.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »

thanks for the clarification, i was pretty sure there wasn't a party to control i did think it had pause and play though. pause and play i couldn't imagine working well with multi-player and that's why i asked about the combat system. whatever they do i hope it pans out i'm really interested in playing this series.
daved

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 11:21:18 AM »

Ugh, I love the Witcher 1 and 2 but I have no interest in multi-player games.   I just hope that if Witcher 3 has multi-player it is entirely optional (i.e., not necessary to get the "best" ending the way ME3 sort of did).   
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 11:22:49 AM by daved » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: