Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 09:40:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319801 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Mass Effect Soundtracks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect Soundtracks  (Read 904 times)
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »

I loved the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack but I found the Mass Effect 2 one rather boring. Is the first soundtrack more like 2 or 3?
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »

based on composer credits alone I'd say that 1 is more like 2 than 3.

You'll note that while Sam Hulick does music for all three games, Jack Wall does 1 and 2, but not 3, and 3 adds a whole bunch of other composers, including Clint Mansell the wonderful (IMO) Cris Velasco.

Check out some of the Mass Effect 2 DLC albums btw, some of them are by the people who came on to the team for ME3.

(Reviews of all the ME2 DLC albums etc are forthcoming sometime in the next month or two)

Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 09:18:23 PM »

Ah thank you. I saw some hinting about a Mass Effect special on Soundtracks but its been awhile and when the Mass Effect 3 review was posted, I thought "well, I guess that was it" :)

Hmm... doesn't sound like 1 will hit the sweet spot then. I really enjoyed the majority of 3's tracks but 2's was really miss for me. Unfortunately I don't know who did what on 3 so I can't tell you if I think Mansell or Velasco are awesome :)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »

Yeah-- sorry about that! We'll have a Mass Effect special still, but it will be a ME2 extravaganza :)

1 is a lot more synth and Vangelis/sci-fi inspired. 2 and 3 are much more operatic and traditionally epic, with sci-fi flavor. I love all three, but for different reasons.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 12:41:46 PM »

Ah, the big update is here!

Ooh, extended ending came with a free soundtrack? *scurries off to download* Thank you!!!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »

Sorry for the delay! Real life has been kicking my ass lately and I've been a bit rough with the updates. And yes-- the album is worth it for the extended "An End, Once and For All" and "Wake Up" alone. Well, it's free, so it's worth it no matter what, but you get the idea :D

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: