Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 09:39:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329485 Posts in 13499 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (BBIII)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma (BBIII)  (Read 1346 times)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:47:28 PM »

http://andriasang.com/con24z/blazblue_chrono_phantasma/

New characters: Azrael, Bullet, Amane.

Trailer at the link too. Tsubaki's gone dark(!) and Noel has a new design(!!).

So dang hyped. Mori's art is back, too. (CT art >>> CS art)

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »

Looks really good, but unless they announce that even one of the characters they've been hinting at since CT will be playable, I'll probably just wait until they release BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasm Extended edition: the Director's Cut+++'' before I decide to give it a go. And even then they'll probably all be DLC. =P

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »

I am kind of surprised by this.  I figured they would pass the torch to Persona considering it is fresh as well as the most played anime fighter in arcades.  Not only that, but they also have the guilty gear update coming out soon.

I wonder what kind of future implications, if any, this has for Persona Arena (DLC/update wise)? 

Also curious to see what it will do for the BB community since player numbers have been dwindling for awhile and many of the ones left were going to switch to Persona.  Whatever the case may be, it looks like it may really freshen things up with all the additions and changes to the core gameplay and characters to bring back a lot of people.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:27 PM »

Argh, haven't even finished the first story yet, let alone Continuum Shift. This is the perfect time to jump ship to Persona 4 Arena, since thats probably going to start a series of Megaten fighters. Or Blazblue vs. Persona. Who doesn't want to see Chie take on Noel? Or even Ragna vs. Yu. Second thought, can Chrono Phantasma and make this instead.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Weep, and you weep alone.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:19:06 PM »

The thing about P4:A is that it actually has a significant, canon storyline using characters we're already familiar with.  That's really cool for us RPG fans, but it makes it hard to churn out Super Extreme Hyper Turbo editions, unless you're going to write a new story for each of them.  And yes, I know that Blazblue has a 'story' too, but it's hardly on the same level...

I just don't see P4:A being turned into an annual franchise kind of thing.  Sure there could be added characters and stuff, but that's better left to DLC.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 08:23:59 PM »

This is the perfect time to jump ship to Persona 4 Arena, since thats probably going to start a series of Megaten fighters.

Maybe, but I don't think you'll need to worry about that happening.

The thing about P4:A is that it actually has a significant, canon storyline using characters we're already familiar with.  That's really cool for us RPG fans, but it makes it hard to churn out Super Extreme Hyper Turbo editions

Yup my feelings exactly.  I just hope the whole "THIS IS CANON" thing doesn't prevent things like DLC characters, though I could have sworn they said somewhere that they weren't doing DLC characters =\

But yeah, Blazblue.  Interesting to see how the overdrive system turns out.  I was going to get back into Blazblue before, but I felt it was so far into the life of the system I would be at a handicap.  Chrono Phantasma will probably more or less reset things giving people a chance to jump back into it without feeling like they're way out of the loop.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »

I never could get into BB. Between all the updates, re-releases and me getting a PS3 months later the first game was released I was just too late for the party.

Not that I feel I miss out on something special after KOF XIII ended up being better than I had imagined it would be.
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 11:46:07 PM »

I never could get into BB. Between all the updates, re-releases and me getting a PS3 months later the first game was released I was just too late for the party.

Not that I feel I miss out on something special after KOF XIII ended up being better than I had imagined it would be.

I can't really speak for veterans, but BlazBlue is just fantastic. Everything has so much passion, the art is beautiful. Continuum Shift Extend is a good place to start I believe. It has a reworked version of Calamity Trigger, and I think (not sure) it also contains Continuum Shift's story. So basically it is the best version out right now. I was stupid and got Calamity Trigger instead of springing the extra cash for Continuum Shift Extend on my Vita.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 02:24:00 AM »

Instead of getting into the games I randomly saw some episodes of the "Bururaji" show when it began. Nowadays you can find some episodes translated in English, pretty weird show at first but is not bad.

(Sub) Zoku Bururaji BlazBlue Radio Episode 4 [1/4]
(Sub) Game no Shokutaku GGxBB Live DVD Special
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »

I can't really speak for veterans, but BlazBlue is just fantastic. Everything has so much passion, the art is beautiful. Continuum Shift Extend is a good place to start I believe. It has a reworked version of Calamity Trigger, and I think (not sure) it also contains Continuum Shift's story. So basically it is the best version out right now. I was stupid and got Calamity Trigger instead of springing the extra cash for Continuum Shift Extend on my Vita.

Calamity Trigger is great, so don't feel bad. It has a more thorough telling of the story, Extend is an abridged version.

I mostly play the game for the story, the awesome fighting and netcode is bonus.

And the PV for this shows some awesome story stuff going down.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 11:00:35 AM »

Unfortunately Calamity Trigger was very unbalanced. I got CT right before CS was announced, and ended up spending hours Raging at all the the overpowered characters, loops, and other bullcrap that even a Normal level CPU could exploit. I ended up just turning down the difficulty and zooming through the story mode, since that's the only part I was enjoying. Luckily by CS Extend, they more or less perfected the balance it seems, so now I'm actually enjoying BB from a gameplay standpoint, too.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:02:34 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »

Interesting and interested! BB is the ONLY fighting game (series) I ever actually enjoyed for any extended period of time, so yeah...interested and interesting.

Everything's Eventual
Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 11:46:19 PM »

Think they'll make a Vita port? I'd like to buy any game I can on the Vita. I don't know how the Vita runs fighting games yet, but kicking ass as Noel on the go is just too good to pass up!

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 09:04:23 AM »

Not sure. I hear a Vita port would be easy to do, but have you seen Vita's sales in Japan? They're quite bad right now.

Bleaker

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »

Yeah...not to mention this:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/08/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-is-coming-to-ps3-right-now-only-ps3/

Maybe Chrono Phantasma 2 Extend Plus will make it to the Vita?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: