Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 07:41:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327876 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  What are your Final Fantasy memories?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What are your Final Fantasy memories?  (Read 2962 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2012, 08:47:11 PM »

Weirded win ever.

I think I've got one on ya, I always love to tell this one.

Final boss in FF9, Necron, the stat ailment dick. I got him about half to 2/3rds down, and then had Vivi petrified, Garnet dead, Freya frozen, with Zydane berserked. Anyway, I put the controller down and watched as berserk Zydane single-handedly beat the ever-loving shit out of Necron and won the game for me. I didn't know whether to be happy or pissed off!

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Quaestrix Vesperis

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2012, 09:36:54 PM »

Weirded win ever.

Final boss in FF9, Necron, the stat ailment dick. I got him about half to 2/3rds down, and then had Vivi petrified, Garnet dead, Freya frozen, with Zydane berserked. Anyway, I put the controller down and watched as berserk Zydane single-handedly beat the ever-loving shit out of Necron and won the game for me. I didn't know whether to be happy or pissed off!

I beat Necron with Garnet and Vivi alone. Everyone else was dead. It was amazing. Best win ever.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 10:45:29 PM »

Weirded win ever.

I beat Necron with Garnet and Vivi alone. Everyone else was dead. It was amazing. Best win ever.

On my first time through FFIX, I accidentally stumbled into Hades. Probably the only optional boss in the series that I beat on the first try.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 08:20:45 PM »

I think I had something similar with Necron except it was Quina standing and Zidane was beserked. I hate status effects :(
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 10:03:21 PM »

I remember the Y2K scare and trying to beat FF8 before midnight when supposedly all the power in the world would go out and computers would fail, etc. Was such a thrill as I was like 13 or 14 years old at the time, I did actually bat it before midnight.

I remember playing FFI Dawn of Souls when I used to work in the dorms as a security monitor during my college years. Basically, I just sat at the entrance and studied the whole time, and if I wasn't studying, I was playing my GBA. Best job ever.

I remember forcing my cousins to watch me play FF7-9 and influencing them to be RPG junkies as they were growing up. Now one of them plays more video games than I do, and I can't help but feel responsible for that.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »

I remember the Y2K scare and trying to beat FF8 before midnight when supposedly all the power in the world would go out and computers would fail, etc. Was such a thrill as I was like 13 or 14 years old at the time, I did actually bat it before midnight.

Heh OT but I remember someone saying that memory cards could/would get erased during Y2K so I went around and pulled all of my memory cards out of my playstation just to make sure.  I was chugging through Grandia 1 since I got it for Christmas and didn't want to lose my save.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Embryon
RPGFan Editor

Achieve enlightenment.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 05:49:09 PM »

Heh OT but I remember someone saying that memory cards could/would get erased during Y2K so I went around and pulled all of my memory cards out of my playstation just to make sure.  I was chugging through Grandia 1 since I got it for Christmas and didn't want to lose my save.

Haha, I love this! I remember unplugging all of my electronics too. XD I also remember being at a friend's house, hunkered down in the corner with one eye trained on the TV, fearfully awaiting the end of the world at midnight. Never mind that the clock had already struck 12 in many places around the world...

Needless to say, I was relieved. About my save data, I mean.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:19:27 PM by Embryon » Logged

"Man up and take your handjob." - dyeager
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »

Why is this in "General Discussion" seems pretty RPG game related to me?
Anyhow, FFVII was one of the first jRPGs I saw being advertised on TV. Bare in mind that in those days videogame ads weren't very common, especially jRPGs.
Remember being very excited when I saw it.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: