Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 08:59:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335170 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Last Story - Out in North America
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The Last Story - Out in North America  (Read 6718 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2012, 04:30:03 PM »

Well, it sounds like it's getting into people's hands today, UPS delivered my copy anyway, and there actually hasn't been a thread for this on the last few pages. Discuss!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »

Was there a preorder bonus or a special release? I ask before I put any money down to make sure I don't spend any more than necessary (and because I seem to have the absolute worst luck in regard to these things).

Otherwise I'll probably pick it up on Sunday or Monday.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:44:37 PM »

The "average" reviews have me hanging onto my wallet rather than opening it.  Got a lot on the burner for an ok title.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 04:49:31 PM »

Was there a preorder bonus or a special release? I ask before I put any money down to make sure I don't spend any more than necessary (and because I seem to have the absolute worst luck in regard to these things).

Otherwise I'll probably pick it up on Sunday or Monday.

Yeah, there's a first print run LE that includes an artbook and fancy box, and pre-orders come with a music CD. Dunno if you'll have any luck securing the latter at this point, I'd imagine maybe copies at places like Fry's could have it bundled in, or if you order fast enough from Amazon.

Dice: It sounds kind of like the reception is at two extremes, either they think it's an average or even awful game, or one of the best. I'd just play it then sell it/trade it in ASAP if it turns out to be a disappointment.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:30:46 PM by Eusis » Logged
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »

I bought it, even though I probably won't play it until next year.  Related: I might have a buying problem.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 05:30:38 PM »

Dice: It sounds kind of like the reception is at two extremes, either they think it's an average or even awful game, or one of the best ever. I'd just play it then sell it/trade it in ASAP if it turns out to be a disappointment.

I have no problem with hearing good things here then picking it up.  But between school, work, other games, and a skill I want to improve that isn't thumb twiddling on controllers... I guess I only have time for so much.  As is, Xenoblade is collecting mad dust as much as I want to play it.

I bought it, even though I probably won't play it until next year.  Related: I might have a buying problem.

*Groan*
Along with Euses post and yours, I have a problem buying games when the CE's look good.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 05:43:40 PM »

Just picked it up. Really nice limited edition packaging,Love the color scheme. Also came with a brief soundtrack not included in the actual packaging. The battle system looks like a lot of fun. I am just worried with how generic the story sounds. Multi player sounds interesting.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 11:01:04 PM »

I have no problem with hearing good things here then picking it up.  But between school, work, other games, and a skill I want to improve that isn't thumb twiddling on controllers... I guess I only have time for so much.  As is, Xenoblade is collecting mad dust as much as I want to play it.

Yeah, I was admittedly thinking from the view of "dig into it ASAP", but who knows if I can even seriously hold to that given Blue Dragon's unfinished and Lost Odyssey took awhile.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »

The "average" reviews have me hanging onto my wallet rather than opening it.  Got a lot on the burner for an ok title.
Is this a euphemism?

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »

Just picked it up. Really nice limited edition packaging,Love the color scheme. Also came with a brief soundtrack not included in the actual packaging. The battle system looks like a lot of fun. I am just worried with how generic the story sounds. Multi player sounds interesting.

Yeah, the story isn't all that great, but the game scores higher in the character department. They don't get a lot of development, but the banter between the mercenaries is frequent and entertaining. The battle system is easily the best part of the game. Which is good, because you'll be fighting A LOT.

The game is also only 20-30 hours long and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Quote from: Dice

If you're going to play a Wii RPG, play Xenoblade. The Last Story is a nice game, but everything it does, Xenoblade does better.
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 04:18:02 AM »

got my preorder today i'll fire it up in a few just to see how it feels and i'll report back... okay three hours later i'd say it pretty damn good combat wise first things first though go into the menu and change attacks to manual unless you like bumping into things like y's games... more thoughts later.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 08:08:48 PM »

Who cares about the economy, I gots mine.

No CD but that's like no whipped cream on my hot fudge sundae. Took some leg work to get a copy without one of those obnoxious sales stickers on the box, but dammit it's worth it for dat box.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 10:34:45 PM »

I REALLY want to play this, but my job prevents me from getting it. Well, no, it doesn't, but I'd get it and it'd collect dust until a holiday break. I dunno though...looks tempting.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 03:39:57 AM »

Is this a euphemism?

!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 06:51:36 AM »

Read the Destructoid review, which gave it a four. Then read the comments, which pointed out the reviewer played with auto battling on the entire game because they are illiterate and can't read instructions. Take some of the reviews with a grain of salt.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: