Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 07:11:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327701 Posts in 13416 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Anime Style RPG
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Anime Style RPG  (Read 2825 times)
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »

Although it's not an RPG, Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom is a very good PSP visual novel.  Lovely anime art, cool music (love the few vocal themes), branching pathways based on character interactions, but nothing in terms of dungeon crawling or world exploration.  

Another non-RPG you might like is Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble.  There's lots of exploring, NPC interaction (whether to talk or pick fights), cool art, music that may suit you, branching pathways... Yeah, I definitely think you should check out Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble.  

I definitely +1 the recommendation for Trails in the Sky.  Excellent RPG.  

I would vehemently recommend AGAINST Mimana Iyar Chronicle.  That game was an absolute chore to play.  I didn't like it, but there are a few who did.  And what do I know?  I also disliked Fate/Extra.  (My reviews of both are in the site's reviews section.)  

And are you looking only for PSP-only games, or are older RPGs on PSN fair game?  I happen to think Legend of Dragoon is a solid JRPG (especially the music), but I'm in the minority there.  

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 11:26:24 PM »

It's impossible to have too many recommendations for Trails in the Sky so I might as well add mine.  Just keep in mind that it does start a little slow, but give it time and you'll be rewarded.

Gunblade96

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 08:27:57 AM »

Although it's not an RPG, Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom is a very good PSP visual novel.  Lovely anime art, cool music (love the few vocal themes), branching pathways based on character interactions, but nothing in terms of dungeon crawling or world exploration.  

Another non-RPG you might like is Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble.  There's lots of exploring, NPC interaction (whether to talk or pick fights), cool art, music that may suit you, branching pathways... Yeah, I definitely think you should check out Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble.  

I definitely +1 the recommendation for Trails in the Sky.  Excellent RPG.  

I would vehemently recommend AGAINST Mimana Iyar Chronicle.  That game was an absolute chore to play.  I didn't like it, but there are a few who did.  And what do I know?  I also disliked Fate/Extra.  (My reviews of both are in the site's reviews section.)  

And are you looking only for PSP-only games, or are older RPGs on PSN fair game?  I happen to think Legend of Dragoon is a solid JRPG (especially the music), but I'm in the minority there.  

Alot of new info I never heard about before, thank alot :D

And yes, seems like Trails in the Sky is my next target.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: