Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 08:10:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327919 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Games you've basically "Memorized"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Games you've basically "Memorized"  (Read 3875 times)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 06:38:41 AM »

When I was a youngun I had Wizards and Warriors down pat and could beat it w/out dying. Now? Can't clear level 1 without cursing my maker.

I feel so ashamed when I "level down" in gaming skill, especially a particular title.  I wonder wtf I did right then.
I hear ya.  When I was maybe 7 years old I could beat Super Castlevania IV on the SNES in about 80 minutes.  Now I don't think I could beat it without using savestates.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »

When I was a youngun I had Wizards and Warriors down pat and could beat it w/out dying. Now? Can't clear level 1 without cursing my maker.

I feel so ashamed when I "level down" in gaming skill, especially a particular title.  I wonder wtf I did right then.

Aeolus is spot on. I only had a handful of games and I basically memorized them. Though there were still some games that were totally unfair and hard. Usually they were shitty licensed games but The Guardian Legend comes to mind. I could only beat some of the bosses by using the slowmo on my NES® Advantage® joystick.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 10:55:58 PM »

Not exactly hard to remember, Was playing a friends Arcade machine and I seem to remember all of the warps, hard hats, balloons and extra lives in PacLand.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2012, 03:53:30 AM »

I think the one I can recall off the top of my head (with dialogue to boot) anywhere anytime is Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. I first played it when I couldn't even speak English and didn't understand a single part of the story, yet I still remembered the dialogue and with that kind of quality voice acting, I could even somewhat understand what they were talking about. Also, since I didn't have a memory card I always had to restart and with me not figuring out how to defeat Dumah for 7 years, I often played the game up to that point. When I finally had access to internet, then I realized how obvious it had been.

So yeah, I can close my eyes and pretty much go through the game in my head by now.
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2012, 05:54:46 PM »

I think the one I'd brag about the most is Tomb Raider 2.  I think I could still manage to find most of the secret statue thingies in it if I picked it up and played it again.

And Raziel, Soul Reaver was a puzzling mess for me the one time I played through it, so mad props to you on that one!  The playstation sure did have some quality action adventure games.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 06:49:34 PM »

Dragon Warrior I. I don't know why, I even found Loto's/Edrick's Seal on my my first try this time.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 12:03:59 PM »

Vandal Hearts 1 - Short SRPG from PS1 era. The game doesn't have a lot of dialog, but the little parts that it does are very effective in setting the gritty tone of the game. Did all the side-quests and mastered the ending. If there was any remake I'd play in a heartbeat it would be this gem. My favorite character with whitty one-liners is Ash's archer buddy, Diego Renault.

Playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U).
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 01:20:31 PM »

Does it sort of count that after not playing it for a year and change, I went back to ffxi and remember most of the areas and locations.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: