Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 12:08:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318968 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xenoblade or Final Fantasy 12.. what's your preference?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Xenoblade or Final Fantasy 12.. what's your preference?  (Read 4612 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2012, 07:34:52 PM »

In terms of post game content, which game has the more challenging battles?

Not entirely sure. I know for a fact that FFXII's post game battles rely on four things. 1) Abuse of the game's flawed ATB/Query system to shut down everything but an endless barrage of physical attacks, 2) an ability that grants complete immunity for a sizable chunk of time spammed immediately after the previous casting wears off, 3) abilities that completely annihilate your party's MP, and 4) Milleons of Toops HP (with a damage limit of 9999 still rigorously enforced). Occasionally you'll run into issue number 5 which involves Milleons of Toops (mostly hoards of Zombies and the like), but that's not exactly post game content.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2012, 09:01:49 PM »

Having only played FFXII, I would recommend Xenoblade.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2012, 03:19:26 AM »

Not entirely sure. I know for a fact that FFXII's post game battles rely on four things. 1) Abuse of the game's flawed ATB/Query system to shut down everything but an endless barrage of physical attacks, 2) an ability that grants complete immunity for a sizable chunk of time spammed immediately after the previous casting wears off, 3) abilities that completely annihilate your party's MP, and 4) Milleons of Toops HP (with a damage limit of 9999 still rigorously enforced). Occasionally you'll run into issue number 5 which involves Milleons of Toops (mostly hoards of Zombies and the like), but that's not exactly post game content.

Xenoblade is all about forging good gems, toppling enemies and building really long chain attacks. As far as challenge goes I guess both games are about equal, but I enjoyed the battles in Xenoblade more.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2012, 11:48:44 AM »

I have not played that much of Xenoblade, and while it can be challenging sometimes opposed to FFXII I'd say it is not as frustrating. Sure you when you die you restart at the biginning of the area but at least you keep your items and XP so you're encouraged to try and beat better monster as opposed to XII where when you're overcome you'd better run.

This thread made me want to go back to Xenoblade before finishing Meruru or starting Graces or Last Story, I'm just really unsure about which to tackle first.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »

I don't believe there is much post game content in Xenoblade.  There is new game+ where you retain your level and
Code:
start with the Monado 3, which has a ridiculous 75% crit chance and new graphic model (almost like an ephemeral sky blue)

Other than that, it's just replaying the story and having new unique monsters available to you because of your much higher level.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 12:30:00 AM »

Wow this sounds really.. not very fun. If I ever replay the game I don,t think I will bother with that stuff.

I am around level 60 in Xenoblade, and its still pretty exciting to see those crazy high level monsters. Will be interesting to see if I can ever take them down. The fact that I am not much of a gem crafter makes me skeptical.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2012, 07:56:00 PM »

Reading this thread is SUCH a pleasure.  I've only played FFXII and I totally loved it.  But Xenogears has always been my favorite RPG and I've always been telling myself that one day Monolith Soft is going to come back and make the best RPG ever.  Then Xenoblade comes out (ON THE WII?! AAARRRGH!) and it gets perfect reviews and is said to be way better than FF12.  AWWWW YEEEAAAH!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: