Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:17:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332853 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Squeenix teases 13-3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Squeenix teases 13-3?  (Read 8138 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 01:38:25 PM »

At least until XIII-2 comes along to retcon it into a lovely fanfiction where Lightning is now a Valkyrie Profile rassalin' with the biggest loser Squeenix has ever set upon players as a final antagonist (yes, even worse than Shoe-in from X-2) while Sora from Kingdom Hearts shows up to team up with Serrah-chan and a goofy Moogle. Now they go along solving paradoxes, and helping others with their paradoxes, and paradoxes, paradoxes, paradoxes, paradoxes.... until they finally throw down with purple Sephiroth wielding Soul Edge in a form fitting full body suit (after like the third or fourth time) and regardless of your choices he commits suicide while simultaneously shitting the timeline and reality up as per his original plan which was impossible to stop since he had already won vis-a-vis paradoxes.

Dear RPGfan, can we do a Quote of the Week section?? xD

I also liked...

then a literal Deus Ex Machina occurs, Fang and Vanille fusion-has into the final form of the main character from the anime S-cry-ed and bullshits a happy ending out of their combined asses.

Kevadu makes a good point too.  I get challenge, but if Tales of the Abyss' Hard Modes, Breath of Fire I/II, and FF13 can say anything -- more HP doesn't mean difficulty.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »

Opinion: The continuation of the Final Fantasy XIII "series"

I'll just leave this here.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2012, 02:13:08 PM »

Pretty bold coming from the writer of a site called "Fabula Nova Crystalis".  The comments are the best part.
But yeah, FF13-3 (or FF13-2-2 as I like to call it) sounds like such a waste of company resources with future projects sitting on the table.  What worries me is if the author, Erren[?], is right, FF13-2-2 will delay the release of Versus, KH3, FFX HD, or just moving on with FF15 (new cast and world please, most of the 13 cast is largely unlikeable).  I'm sure it's different teams working on them, but I doubt they'd be released close to each other.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 02:21:50 PM »

But yeah, FF13-3 (or FF13-2-2 as I like to call it) sounds like such a waste of company resources with future projects sitting on the table.

That's the one thing it won't be. They have so much assets they can reuse from the previous games that this is pretty much a very safe and cheap way of making some extra cash. If anything good comes of this, it may be additional funding for shelved projects that aren't potentially terrible.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:26:43 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 02:43:28 PM »

Pretty bold coming from the writer of a site called "Fabula Nova Crystalis".  The comments are the best part.
But yeah, FF13-3 (or FF13-2-2 as I like to call it) sounds like such a waste of company resources with future projects sitting on the table.  What worries me is if the author, Erren[?], is right, FF13-2-2 will delay the release of Versus, KH3, FFX HD, or just moving on with FF15 (new cast and world please, most of the 13 cast is largely unlikeable).  I'm sure it's different teams working on them, but I doubt they'd be released close to each other.

I wont mind that they used the same assets as long as something new can come up with it P3 and P4 are fine examples.

The True Growlanser
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »

My biggest beef with FFXIII's battle system is the lack of options.  There's no depth.  The idea of abstracting control with the paradigm system was interesting but at the end of the day you only had 6 paradigms to choice from so there weren't actually many choices to make.  Every single battle could be won with the same strategy.  And I mean every single battle.  First buff/debuff, then focus on damage with some healing thrown in, and once the enemy is staggered go all with damage.  There, I just described every single battle in the entire friggin game.

Jesus Christ, that's more strategy than I used. I just spammed wide attacks (especially the -agas once I got them) if they're smaller enemies while the rest cleaned them up, or spammed the smaller spells until they were staggered if it was one or two bigger guys and then went all out. Only healed on the boss fights/huge monsters. I don't think I ever buffed once...

How does anyone play this game without becoming bored to tears?

I couldn't, but my brother could, since he absolutely adores repetition in games. He spent the entire KH2 mashing X and called it the most fun gaming experience he's ever had.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:55:16 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2012, 08:44:46 PM »

im pretty sure FF X HD will be out outsourced and i could care less about KH or versus.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 12:46:02 AM »

How does anyone play this game without becoming bored to tears?

I couldn't, but my brother could, since he absolutely adores repetition in games. He spent the entire KH2 mashing X and called it the most fun gaming experience he's ever had.

Hey now, occasional button-mash, hack n' slashes are absolutely a blast.

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 06:04:23 AM »

set 2 of the same paradigm and switch everytime your actions finish. switch recharges your atb guage.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »

Square Enix opens "Lightning Room" -Presentation for New Direction of Lightning Saga- twitter account:

"Square Enix has readied an all new Twitter account in anticipation of Friday's 25th anniversary stage event.

With the next entry in the FFXIII series being revealed, the first tweet comes from Producer Yoshinori Kitase. He explains that the account was made for this week's reveal, which will provide a variety of updates during the presentation and Final Fantasy 25th anniversary event.

You can follow the FFXIII team yourself @LRFF13."
-- Source: Nova Crystallis

The next Final Fantasy XIII game is not called "Lightning Saga":

"The Lightning Room Twitter account didn't stay idle for long. Yoshinori Kitase has taken to it once again this morning with some further insight on the next XIII project.

His latest message confirmed that "Lightning Saga", which has been used mainly for promotion – is not the true name of the project. The real name of the game they're working on will be announced on September 1st, so you'll just have to wait for it.

We can probably conclude that it won't be called "Final Fantasy XIII-3" based on these and past comments."
-- Source: Nova Crystallis
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2012, 02:01:00 AM »

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2012, 04:28:57 AM »

And soon-ish, two whole Smash Bros. games will have both been announced and released.

Also the semi-official death of the Megaman franchise.

Incidentally, the wait for KH3 has been longer thus far. Also Final Fantasies XII, the second of the XIII trilogy, and the first and soon to be second attempt at XIV have all been released.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2012, 04:42:42 AM »

KH3's wait is longer, but it hasn't even been formally announced yet. Versus has.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2012, 04:51:43 AM »

I only want SE to release Versus as soon as possible for people to shut the fuck up about it. Everytime news from FF comes there's always the grumpy bastard mumbling "Where is Versus?", and this has lasted for like 4 years already.

Though, I've always been skeptical that the game will have a decent story with Nomura being the director and Kazushige Nojima the having the role of scenario writer.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:15:48 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2012, 06:29:05 AM »

About Versus, I've been skeptical about the story since the first CG trailer was released.  Just...ugh.  Is that really what people want?

Though from what little we've seen the gameplay looked baller.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: