Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 06:23:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338328 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Squeenix teases 13-3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Squeenix teases 13-3?  (Read 8888 times)
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2012, 11:15:25 AM »

Wow, Squeenix is just totally killing the "Final Fantasy"-ness of the game its hero originally came from. Once again, Squeenix doesn't seem to proud of the games they've made...
I like some of the ideas they got going, except the clock aspect, but having "more control" is 90% of the time a good thing.  I'll look forward to seeing a trailer before pissing all over it.

Besides a cool design, I agree with Kevadu... she's a boring chick.
I don't know, the battle system actually sounds like an improvement to me.  I've gone on and on already about how I didn't like XIII's system so I won't rehash that.

Though I don't think Lightning was ever a good character and I wish they would move on...

i think i'm on the same page as kevadu about everything 13 related, lightning is not a compelling character in her own right but the combat might be better. the clock thing sounds like it's gonna be an annoying excuse to try to keep a frenetic pace, it might work though i kinda like the calender thing in persona 3. that said, being tied to the thirteen universe i'm soured on it enough that even if this game gets solid reviews don't know if i really care enough to buy a copy. as with everything FF these days i'm taking a wait and see approach.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:08:16 AM by beLIEve? » Logged
gutter2d

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »

If I was an SE shareholder I would pissed.  I don't understand why SE doesn't want to make more money and is totally content losing millions every quarter?  Didn't FFXIII-2's sales totally bomb (I say that because the price of the game dropped to $20 in about a month after release)?  Very few people bonded with the XIII universe or plot; why don't they use their resources creating a game that will make them lots of money like a new Chrono Trigger game, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, or Final Fantasy VII remake (which they would probably mangle terribly)?  I would much rather play a FFV-2 or FF VI-2 for the PSP or DS than this crap and it would take much less time and resources to make.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »

FFV already has a sequel. Is an anime set 200 years after the events of the game and is called "The Legend of the Crystals" it has a lot panty shots and the animation is not great for what I remember, the closest thing you are gonna get from a sequel to FFV now is Bravely Default: Flying Fairy for 3DS which looks pretty nice so far.

About VI getting a sequel, hm... I don't see that ending very well for fans of that game.

a new Chrono Trigger game

XIII-2 is practically that.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2012, 06:27:54 PM »

Just the fact the title of the game is 'Lightning Returns!" makes me want to hit squareenix with a 2 by 4. REALLY Square? You're that original?

I, like everyone else, will be glad when this trilogy is over, because Lightning is not that great of a character. Hell, I wish the main character was Noel. I'd get behind that...and he's just okay.

To SE's credit, the entire world seems to be different so I'll hold off total judgement until we get more info.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2012, 07:40:09 PM »

Just the fact the title of the game is 'Lightning Returns!" makes me want to hit squareenix with a 2 by 4. REALLY Square? You're that original?

I, like everyone else, will be glad when this trilogy is over, because Lightning is not that great of a character. Hell, I wish the main character was Noel. I'd get behind that...and he's just okay.

To SE's credit, the entire world seems to be different so I'll hold off total judgement until we get more info.

At least they didn't call it FFXIII-2-2: Lightning Harder, FFXIII-2-2: Judgement DayLightning, FFXIII-3: The Good, The Bad, and The Lightning, FFXIII-3: Secret of the OozeLightning, FFXIII-3: The Lightning Strikes Back, RamboLightning: First BloodFFXIII-2 Part 2, FFXIII-3: You Only Lightning Twice, FFXIII-3: Lightning and the Temple of Doom, FFXIII-2-2: The Wrath of Lightning, ect....

Also if you want more Noel then you might want to try the Kingdom Hearts series, he features in some of those games. Though like Squall, he too renamed himself to hide his involvement in the FF series. I believe he goes by the name Sora in KH.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2012, 07:43:03 PM »

Take that back, right now. Never, EVER compare XIII or its spinoffs to CT. Now go stand in the corner and think about what you've done young man.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2012, 07:48:23 PM »

The truth hurts, is a fact of life.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2012, 07:51:38 PM »

FFXIII-2 is about as close to being the new Chrono Trigger as Cheetahmen was to being the new Super Mario.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2012, 07:55:12 PM »

Take that back, right now. Never, EVER compare XIII or its spinoffs to CT. Now go stand in the corner and think about what you've done young man.

Every character in CT has a personality. Every character in FFXIII combined together, all at once, ALMOST has a personality.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2012, 07:55:39 PM »

Guys, I don't care.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »

Actually XIII-2 is fairly similar to CT at it's blueprint level. Jump the timeline, get a new macguffin/character related to the big bad, learn a tiny bit about the big bad, jump to a new timeline. Rinse and repeat until end game.

CT just does it better because there are actual 'time line changing events' besides a change in background coloration.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2012, 08:33:08 PM »

And my aforementioned characters with personalities!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2012, 08:42:48 PM »

Actually XIII-2 is fairly similar to CT at it's blueprint level. Jump the timeline, get a new macguffin/character related to the big bad, learn a tiny bit about the big bad, jump to a new timeline. Rinse and repeat until end game.

CT just does it better because there are actual 'time line changing events' besides a change in background coloration.

At least CT had an ENDING!

*badadum!*

CC...well...uh...that's a different story.

Also, the truth about Noel hurts. But he's STILL better than Lightning!

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2012, 09:33:36 PM »

i give up...i just dont understand all the lightning hate. people say a lot of the same things about shanoa in OoE and i like her as well. i wonder if its even possible to make her likeable to you people without 3rd birthday or other M level fuck job...

CT chars had personality? rose tinted glasses people. they had about as much personality as my cat. i think some people are butthurt and taking it out on a percieved cause... durr rpg's are dying so lets blame it on fps.

having said that im not pleased that it appears to be an action game.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »

I agree with Alisha that the CT characters didn't have [much] personality, and Crono didn't aside from associating his "do-goodery".  The story was much more charming than the stereotype characters (I like Frog, but his amphibian exterior and chivalrous interior was what did the trick).  They were cute and fun though. :D
I loved how CC expanded their story in whatever small hints afterwards

I agree with Lucca in wishing there was more Noel (I hope he has a prominent role still), and hitting Squeenix with a 2x4 for the stupid title.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: