Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 11:05:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327447 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  RE: RPGFan Music
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RE: RPGFan Music  (Read 4382 times)
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2012, 01:00:47 PM »

Out of curiosity: are users encouraged to respond to OST/Album posts with their own musical experiences—whether positive or negative—in regards to this idea of community talk, mentioned in the News Post, on the Forums? If so, would it be easier to have a sub-forum dedicated to this response/user music appreciation?

I ask this because when I read this: 

We want people to listen. We want them to talk. The best way to get more people into the genre we love so much is to tell them about it

I’m curious as where you—the RPGFan music administration/staff—want these discussions to occur. On the forums? On their own Blog? I’m not really sure if this alludes to the forums as means of an outlet for this musical appreciation of users/listeners or just open that you want them talking about it anywhere really.

Just a thought as to what was meant by talk...

Other than that, I'll be looking forward to future music posts...

best,
wa

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!

So, you've mentioned a couple of things here. I think since we already have "the Soundroom," it's safe to say a subforum isn't super necessary-- although if others disagree I'm sure this is something that could be talked about.

On the forums? On their own Blog? I’m not really sure if this alludes to the forums as means of an outlet for this musical appreciation of users/listeners or just open that you want them talking about it anywhere really.

Yes to all. In my opinion, talking about it ANYWHERE is an awesome thing. However, since that wasn't the exact question you were asking-- I'd say if you have thoughts on an album we review (or hell, one we HAVEN'T reviewed yet), make a post with the title of the album and say what you think! These are discussions I love to be a part of, and would absolutely welcome everyone else's thoughts too. Reviews are objective-- I've loved music that some of my fellow editors have hated, and vice versa.

Short answer: talk about it anywhere (please!), but if you want to talk about on the forums, that would be fantastic, and I'd love to weigh in, too.

Thanks again for the feedback!

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 07:34:23 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up...

I'll be sure to keep this in mind when posting about game music related topics. :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: