Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 05:41:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338604 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Fire Emblem entry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Fire Emblem entry  (Read 3724 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2012, 09:34:22 PM »

actually my heather turned out amazing but she might of been str blessed. i also used illyana since she had a bond support with mia  that carried over from PoR as did callil/nephenee

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2012, 09:52:55 PM »

Yeah... that's one thing that's neat AND frustrating about Fire Emblem games.  You can play the same game twice and use a totally different team (usually not by choice in my case) by the way the RNG works.  The first time I played FE6 I had the most amazingly blessed Gonzales and Lilina I've ever seen or heard of with an A support to boot (poor Roy didn't marry anyone).  The second time I played FE6, Gonzo was only okay and Lilina never got speed.  Unless you're in Hard mode and need things to go your way a little more, I think it's best to go into a FE game with an open mind when it comes to recruitment.  

Mostly unrelated: how possible would it be to do an Ike + mounted characters only playthrough in Path of Radiance?  I'm looking at character sheets and there are a BUNCH of great cavalry and a few solid air units.  I'd hurt for magic damage but that's maybe about it. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:54:30 PM by Monsoon » Logged

Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2012, 10:20:06 PM »

MU can pair with something like 9-10 characters (heterosexual relationships only, so something like 5 for each sex) and can give birth / father a child.  

EDIT: oh wow I'm totally wrong.  After doing some research, apparently My Unit can marry ANY CHARACTER in the game, including the Lord.  Basically, MU is a second main character that can marry / support anyone.  Heterosexual only.  I shouldn't go running my mouth like that. 

...Honestly, I'd be more interested in Kakusei if it was on something besides the 3DS, but I'm a 3DS disdainer so there ya go.  I'm currently (finally) starting Shadow Dragon and will probably fire up Path of Radiance later this year.  It's been too long since I've had a Fire Emblem kick.  

MUSY GET GAME NOW (3DS SUDDENLY PICKED UP INTEREST)

The True Growlanser
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2012, 02:34:06 AM »

actually my heather turned out amazing but she might of been str blessed. i also used illyana since she had a bond support with mia  that carried over from PoR as did callil/nephenee

Heather is the best thief in terms of availability on paper, makes great use of her Pass skill, and isn't hamstrung by a forced promotion shortly after passing a 'Jeigan' grace period like a certain other rogue but Volke is statically the best of the three 'thieves' and even then the both of them are competing for one of the coveted endgame roster seats along with the vast majority of your A-Team and favorites whereas the other guy is guaranteed a free ride to endgame.

Illyana on the other hand suffers from a low Spd cap even for her class (she can't even make the magic number of 34), not to mention that she specializes in the worst magic type in the game (all it has is a miniscule chance to crit, better weight only in comparison to fucking Dark magic (usually the heaviest shit in any given FE game, nevermind how much of a non-factor Dark magic is in FE10), and Dragon Knight/Laguz effectiveness and due to the way that effective damage calculates and the gimpiness of the magic's damage output it's not even worth the trouble). You'd be better off giving her a ton of Arms Scrolls to get her to use the SS ranked Fire tome for the extra +3 Spd rather than sticking with Thunder magic (or better yet, bring a mage who can actually use Fire magic well to begin with (not like the game doesn't throw you a couple of those for end game)).

MU can pair with something like 9-10 characters (heterosexual relationships only, so something like 5 for each sex) and can give birth / father a child.  

EDIT: oh wow I'm totally wrong.  After doing some research, apparently My Unit can marry ANY CHARACTER in the game, including the Lord.  Basically, MU is a second main character that can marry / support anyone.  Heterosexual only.  I shouldn't go running my mouth like that. 

...Honestly, I'd be more interested in Kakusei if it was on something besides the 3DS, but I'm a 3DS disdainer so there ya go.  I'm currently (finally) starting Shadow Dragon and will probably fire up Path of Radiance later this year.  It's been too long since I've had a Fire Emblem kick.  

Nevermind that, both your MU and his/her kid(s) will have access to every non-personal, opposite gender exclusive class in the game. In addition to this whatever inheritable personal class the MU's mate has will also pass down to the kid(s) (for reference: the inheritable personal classes are Villager (males only), Taguel (think Laguz), and Manakete (females only)). What the Male MU (or Female MU if she sticks to Krom) can do with pairing with one of the potential mothers is passing down his access to every basic class to both kids. Alternatively, your MU can choose to pair with one of the kids instead leading to a 3rd generation kid with the highest potential stat cap modifiers possible (for your side) depending on who the kid's parents are and what stats your MU favored and took a hit in (netting you upwards to a potential +11 in a particular stat cap increase).

Though I should note that the MU cannot pair with a Spotpass/DLC character nor can the MU pass down any DLC classes/skills.

Oh, by the way, one other thing that parents can pass down to their kid is one of their acquired skills allowing their kid up to 2 skills not gotten via leveling in the appropriate class. The only exceptions to this is the above DLC exception and that Krom will only pass down Royal Weapon to any son of his and Aether to any daughter regardless of whether he knows them or not or whether he's designated them or not. Otherwise any other skill is fair game including Special Dance from Olivia (which is worthless due to Dancer being a non inheritable personal class), Good Growths from Donny (which is awesome for everybody, especially the girls since they cannot inherit the Villager class but get the much more useful Pegasus Knight from him instead), Secluded Lady from any 1st gen female with access to the Troubadour class (surprisingly not useless to any son that might inherit this skill), Dark Blessing and Conqueror (both of which are from post game characters who will only pair with the MU), and Rainbow Cry from your MU (which grants a +2 stat bonus to every stat save Move (which only gets a +1) to everyone within a 4 tile radius for a turn (and Cry bonuses stack with each other (although not from the same Cry))).

The tl;dr is that the MU is a wild card that has reasons to consider every major option available to him/her (i.e. breed with child bearing parent, breed with child, or breed with an otherwise unbreedable character).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »

Heather is the best thief in terms of availability on paper, makes great use of her Pass skill, and isn't hamstrung by a forced promotion shortly after passing a 'Jeigan' grace period like a certain other rogue but Volke is statically the best of the three 'thieves' and even then the both of them are competing for one of the coveted endgame roster seats along with the vast majority of your A-Team and favorites whereas the other guy is guaranteed a free ride to endgame.

Illyana on the other hand suffers from a low Spd cap even for her class (she can't even make the magic number of 34), not to mention that she specializes in the worst magic type in the game (all it has is a miniscule chance to crit, better weight only in comparison to fucking Dark magic (usually the heaviest shit in any given FE game, nevermind how much of a non-factor Dark magic is in FE10), and Dragon Knight/Laguz effectiveness and due to the way that effective damage calculates and the gimpiness of the magic's damage output it's not even worth the trouble). You'd be better off giving her a ton of Arms Scrolls to get her to use the SS ranked Fire tome for the extra +3 Spd rather than sticking with Thunder magic (or better yet, bring a mage who can actually use Fire magic well to begin with (not like the game doesn't throw you a couple of those for end game)).

Nevermind that, both your MU and his/her kid(s) will have access to every non-personal, opposite gender exclusive class in the game. In addition to this whatever inheritable personal class the MU's mate has will also pass down to the kid(s) (for reference: the inheritable personal classes are Villager (males only), Taguel (think Laguz), and Manakete (females only)). What the Male MU (or Female MU if she sticks to Krom) can do with pairing with one of the potential mothers is passing down his access to every basic class to both kids. Alternatively, your MU can choose to pair with one of the kids instead leading to a 3rd generation kid with the highest potential stat cap modifiers possible (for your side) depending on who the kid's parents are and what stats your MU favored and took a hit in (netting you upwards to a potential +11 in a particular stat cap increase).

Though I should note that the MU cannot pair with a Spotpass/DLC character nor can the MU pass down any DLC classes/skills.

Oh, by the way, one other thing that parents can pass down to their kid is one of their acquired skills allowing their kid up to 2 skills not gotten via leveling in the appropriate class. The only exceptions to this is the above DLC exception and that Krom will only pass down Royal Weapon to any son of his and Aether to any daughter regardless of whether he knows them or not or whether he's designated them or not. Otherwise any other skill is fair game including Special Dance from Olivia (which is worthless due to Dancer being a non inheritable personal class), Good Growths from Donny (which is awesome for everybody, especially the girls since they cannot inherit the Villager class but get the much more useful Pegasus Knight from him instead), Secluded Lady from any 1st gen female with access to the Troubadour class (surprisingly not useless to any son that might inherit this skill), Dark Blessing and Conqueror (both of which are from post game characters who will only pair with the MU), and Rainbow Cry from your MU (which grants a +2 stat bonus to every stat save Move (which only gets a +1) to everyone within a 4 tile radius for a turn (and Cry bonuses stack with each other (although not from the same Cry))).

The tl;dr is that the MU is a wild card that has reasons to consider every major option available to him/her (i.e. breed with child bearing parent, breed with child, or breed with an otherwise unbreedable character).

Not sure i understand most of this but it really picked up my interest

The True Growlanser
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: