Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 09:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334757 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes  (Read 3564 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 09:24:37 PM »

Heresay so far, so I feel I should adjust the statement. I've read through various (that means non-legit) channels that it's more than likely not gonna be Hayter voicing Snake this time around...at least entirely. Considering he's looking more like the Big Boss we know and killed twice prior, I would almost prefer the disassociation between them now. Hayter has always been Snake, but this time around he IS Big Boss, there is no more Snake for now. After ditching the bandana in Peace Walker, he accepted his title of Big Boss. I think he should be voiced by someone else to define his character better, to flesh out the differences between Snake and Big Boss. Big Boss is a leader, a champion of his followers, a charismatic and adored person. Snake is a loner, more cold and calculating, and definitely not a person to put himself in front of an army but would be the one to use the army to get behind his target and accomplish his task. They have their similarities, but also their differences. Snake eater and peace walker makes you feel like they're the same person just in different timelines.

God, no other game has my attention like this series.

TASTY!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »

I'm cool with that. it's a good reason. Also, Hayter is a BUSY MAN. He just finished shooting the lead roll in Devil's Mile, and is currently in pre-production as director for another upcoming feature film. Not to mention, if he isn't chosen to do the screenplay for the upcoming MGS movie, it would be a bizarre and unforgivable twist. With two superb X-Men movies, Watchmen, and a MGS prototype screenplay already under his belt, I don't think anyone else is near qualified to do the job. I also hope they give him the chance to at the very least, audition for the part of Snake.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 10:50:11 AM »

I (literally) have nightmares about Taylor Lautner playing Snake.

I've yet to play Peace Walker, but now it's more easily available I don't have much of an excuse (MGS is my favourite franchise ever). Is Peace Walker worth it?

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 12:31:33 PM »

Yes, peace walker is definitely worth playing.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »

New details from TGS:

Loading is always done in the background, so it's basically an open world where loading screens do not exist.
The exception to this is when you travel by helicopter—there a loading screen will be inserted.
There will be many Grand Theft Auto-style open worlds, and these are connected by helicopter.
The video that has been released is of the prologue stage, so it's a small open world. There are bigger ones.
The game has a concept of time, so it varies from morning to afternoon, and then to night in real time. [This could mean "game time," I'm not sure.]
Before using the FOX Engine on other titles going forward, they want to create the standard with open worlds.

Source: Gematsu
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 11:17:23 PM »

As someone noted earlier, this game is bought as soon as the opportunity arises.

By the way Agent D., interesting thoughts on who should voice Big Boss and why.  There's a thread on that subject over at MGSForums.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 07:48:28 PM »

Interviews from Dubai: Kojima on Gray Fox game, story telling in Ground Zeroes, next gen and more

"During his visit to Dubai, media outlets were able to interview Hideo Kojima about his past and future work."

Kojima giving GDC 2013 talk to show FOX Engine workflow for Ground Zeroes

"On the last day of the early registration deadline, Game Developers Conference 2013 organizers have announced a special lecture from Konami's Hideo Kojima, who will publicly show his division's FOX Engine in detail for the first time, via demonstrations of the development process and workflow behind Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes.

Teased last August, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes is set to be an open-world spin on the Metal Gear saga, built using Kojima Productions' FOX Engine, and targeting Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

In the session entitled 'Photorealism through the eyes of a 'Fox' - The core of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (Presented by Kojima Productions),' he and his staff will share the key components and unique methods used to create the visuals seen in Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes.

Demonstrations during the tech-focused sponsored talk will center around the FOX Engine lighting system, character realism, environmental changes, graphics techniques and explanations, and the FOX Engine tools."

Kojima wants to take risks with Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

In an interview with website Spong, Kojima talked about Metal Gear Rising, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and his rol as both a creator and a producer. Kojima is planning to tackle a lot of taboo subjects and themes with Ground Zeroes, even though that might mean taking risks in terms of sales.

"I'm going to be targeting a lot of taboos, a lot of mature themes, that really are quite risky. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I'll be able to release the game! [...] As a producer, it's my job to try and sell the game. But I'm approaching this project from the point of view of a creator, where I'm prioritizing creativity over sales."

Kojima is editing a trailer for his next game

Kojima extends MGS: Ground Zeroes GDC session, will show game

"Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will be shown during Hideo Kojima's GDC '13 session, along with his studio's FOX Engine. Originally, Kojima was only going to show off the engine, but thanks to an extended slot, he is showing off more of the game live.

CVG reports that Kojima's sessions – titled, 'Photorealism through the eyes of a 'Fox' – The core of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes' – has gone from 60 to 90 minutes."

The Phantom Pain runs on FOX Engine, full reveal at GDC

"The Phantom Pain will see a full unveiling at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco later this month, Joakim Mogren, the supposed CEO of supposed game development studio Moby Dick, has confirmed."

"The Phantom Pain is widely believed to be a new Metal Gear game. Reasons for this include: 1) Joakim is an anagram for Kojima (the creator of Metal Gear), 2) there are several references to Metal Gear in the trailer, and 3) tonight's FOX Engine reveal (FOX Engine is Kojima Productions' engine)."

Kojima on Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes – freedom, pacing and stealth

"During an interview about Metal Gear Rising, Kojima shared some more insight on the development and design philosophy behind his current project, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes. He talked about player freedom and pacing, and how this could take form in the gameplay."

Kojima is bringing a secret weapon to GDC

Kojima posts picture of GDC trailer, file is named 'TPP'

Photos of the GDC venue, straight from Kojima

"Hideo Kojima has arrived in San Francisco, where the Game Developers Conference 2013 is in progress. Tomorrow Kojima, together with a few other Kojima Productions staff members, will be holding a 90 minute presentation on the Fox Engine and Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes. Today he was at the venue where the presentation will be held, for some rehearsals."

Source(s): Unofficial Metal Gear Solid Site, Gamasutra, VG247, Gematsu

---

GameSpot Live 'The Core of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes' is over.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:02:25 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: