Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 12:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332847 Posts in 13639 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 63035 times)
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: July 04, 2013, 03:06:14 PM »

Look how protective they are.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: July 04, 2013, 04:30:14 PM »

was happy to see fang.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/04/fang-returns-in-the-latest-trailer-for-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

Link for reference.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: July 04, 2013, 05:28:28 PM »

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Japan Expo Demo

Pretty cool that they give you a bunch of options to customize Lightning.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: July 04, 2013, 06:09:52 PM »

Holy shit, a trophy notification that said You Did Not Earn a Trophy.  Chaos is all up in that game.

The more I see Lightning's main outfit, the more I dislike it.  I do like the colour options thing.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: July 05, 2013, 01:45:06 AM »

Holy shit, a trophy notification that said You Did Not Earn a Trophy.  Chaos is all up in that game.

The more I see Lightning's main outfit, the more I dislike it.  I do like the colour options thing.

It is pretty amusing that Squeenix has seemingly more or less given up on creating new costumes for Lightning to wear and have instead opted to raid their closet for old wardrobes.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: July 05, 2013, 01:47:58 AM »

It is pretty amusing that Squeenix has seemingly more or less given up on creating new costumes for Lightning to wear and have instead opted to raid their closet for old wardrobes.

Honestly, the fact that the beige trench-coat-like part of her 13-3 outfit is a reaallly-loong version of her original military vest pisses me right off for whatever reason.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: July 09, 2013, 07:05:33 PM »

Gil is now a lot easier to come by in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"Browsing around in menus is immune to time."

"Time will also stop when you're in battle."

"It was said that Gil would be a lot harder to obtain in Lightning Returns, but now it seems fallen enemies will drop it freely. Lightning's HP will no longer automatically recover after battles as in Final Fantasy XIII, however, if you prefer not to use items she'll slowly recover some just by standing around on the field. Other ways she can recover health include using items and utilizing an inn or restaurant of course, these things are not free."
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: July 10, 2013, 04:42:42 AM »

Gil is now a lot easier to come by in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"Browsing around in menus is immune to time."

"Time will also stop when you're in battle."

"It was said that Gil would be a lot harder to obtain in Lightning Returns, but now it seems fallen enemies will drop it freely. Lightning's HP will no longer automatically recover after battles as in Final Fantasy XIII, however, if you prefer not to use items she'll slowly recover some just by standing around on the field. Other ways she can recover health include using items and utilizing an inn or restaurant of course, these things are not free."

I guess even they realized they couldn't get away with both static health and scarce money.

Now if there was only a way for Squeenix to figure out a way to justify using an Inn or a Restaurant over chugging potions.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: July 12, 2013, 04:00:30 AM »

Caius' fate will be revealed in Lightning Returns -- Source: Nova Crystallis

PS Forum France: "We've already seen some of the the main characters from the two previous games, are they going to play an important role in Lightning Returns? Will they become allies or opponents of Lightning?"

Toriyama: "Yes, certain enemies will reappear. One of these will be Caius, because at the end of XIII-2 there is an uncertainty that hovers around his destiny and whether he survives or not. This mystery will be solved in Lightning Returns."

"Despite this, they made no mention of whether we would actually see Caius again or if he is simply mentioned during the course of the story."

Also important to notice; "Of considerable note to Lightning Saga fans was a question regarding the "Lightning Ultimate Box", a very special edition of Lightning Returns which will include all three Lightning Saga games, a selection from each game's original soundtrack, and an art book. As a further bonus, it contains a variant version of the new Lightning Play Arts Kai figurine. This package is currently Japan-only and retails for about 26,000 (about 200/$263 respectively), but Kitase says it could make its way to the West if there's a demand for it."

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII's Asian version won't have English text -- Source: Siliconera

Well... the release of LR for the West was delayed to ensure a better translation to English so this has be why this happened.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:47:15 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: July 12, 2013, 02:25:06 PM »

Toriyama: "Yes, certain enemies will reappear. One of these will be Caius, because at the end of XIII-2 there is an uncertainty that hovers around his destiny and whether he survives or not. This mystery will be solved in Lightning Returns."

"Despite this, they made no mention of whether we would actually see Caius again or if he is simply mentioned during the course of the story."

Lolololol.

Sure, because there was any uncertainty left over after Caius forced Noel to kill him and to break the universe which then prompted his immediate revival with a diabolical Mwhahaha! to boot because the clown was an immortal Marty Stu.

Unless he's referring to the fact that they're retconning the ending of FFXIII-2, because it really really needed it.

Hell they've already brought Serah-chan back from the grave (twice) even if she's not quite the same character anymore, there's no way in hell they're not going to use the assets they made for Caius again.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: July 12, 2013, 05:00:15 PM »

^I think you are missing part of the point he was trying make there.

Unless he's referring to the fact that they're retconning the ending of FFXIII-2, because it really really needed it.

The what now?

---

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII official site updates with new music clips and concept arts -- Source: Final Fantasy FXN Network

Yggdrasil: "This is the name for the "Tree of Life" found in the Ark. It offers bright powers and it continues to grow as long as there's life in the world (up to 13 days)."

Eradia: "It's obtained by completing quests, rescuing souls of the people. This is an important force in the world. When given to Yggdrasil, it can extend the life of the world."

GP: "An important force in the battle field. Lightning need GP to use magic, recovery, and overclocking."

[LRFFXIII] Music clip - LIGHTNING RETURNS - -- squareenix, YouTube
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: July 13, 2013, 11:14:16 AM »

Yggdrasil, can you change your avvy to that yggdrasil?

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: July 13, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »

GP: "An important force in the battle field. Lightning need GP to use magic, recovery, and overclocking."

So has Lightning taken a few levels in the Samurai Job? Because if so, then I hope she took more away from it than just GP Toss/Zennitage.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2013, 01:20:53 AM »

LIGHTNING RETURNS:FINAL FANTASY XIII Pre Soundtrack -- VGMdb info

Tracklist

01. Crimson Blitz
02. The Savior
03. Lightning Returns
04. LIGHTNING RETURNS:FINAL FANTASY XIII BGM04
05. LIGHTNING RETURNS:FINAL FANTASY XIII BGM05
06. LIGHTNING RETURNS:FINAL FANTASY XIII BGM06

Composed by: Masashi Hamauzu, Naoshi Mizuta & Mitsuto Suzuki

...eh I don't know.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:08:39 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: July 16, 2013, 02:12:32 AM »

LIGHTNING RETURNS:FINAL FANTASY XIII Pre Soundtrack -- VGMdb info

Tracklist

01. Crimson Blitz
02. The Savior
03. Lightning Returns
04. LIGHTNING RETURNS:FINAL FANTASY XIII BGM04
05. LIGHTNING RETURNS:FINAL FANTASY XIII BGM05
06. LIGHTNING RETURNS:FINAL FANTASY XIII BGM06

Composed by: Masashi Hamauzu, Naoshi Mizuta & Mitsuto Suzuki

...eh I don't know.

So if I want the FFXIII-3 Pre Soundtrack, I'm stuck with a cover featuring Lightning in her worst getup yet? I don't care how much cheezy buttrock they throw into this, its not worth it.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: