Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 06:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341326 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 71580 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: October 28, 2013, 06:54:31 PM »

"Videogame"
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: October 28, 2013, 06:59:26 PM »

"Videogame"

six of one, half a dozen of the other

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: October 28, 2013, 07:00:37 PM »

"Videogame"

a lightning in the hand is worth two in the bush
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: October 28, 2013, 07:08:52 PM »

"Videogame"

a lightning in the hand is worth two in the bush

red sky at night, sailor's delight

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: October 28, 2013, 07:42:13 PM »

"You guys just don't get it..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: November 06, 2013, 11:24:50 PM »

Bhunivelze is revealed in this month's V-Jump -- Source: Nova Crystallis

For those who get easily lost in the narrative: Bhunivelze -- FF Wiki
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: November 09, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »

from Square Portal:

Interview with Motomu Toriyama and Yuji Abe Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Original Soundtrack Mastered & Ready for Printing

No Promotional Theme Song for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: November 09, 2013, 01:27:39 PM »

Kinda surprised, but kinda happy.  I feel like these can get kind of hammy-sounding (FF8's especially.... but I love it a lot after I heard it in the worst period of my life and it made me vaguely happy....so that's  a story about me...yeeeup).

RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: November 09, 2013, 05:13:36 PM »

I just realized how quickly this game is approaching and I have yet to get to XIII-2. Looks like it will be time to pop that in soon... I know this is not the right thread to be bringing up XIII-2 but how much of a departure from XIII can I be looking forward to? Also I heard really mixed things about how long the game is. If I get started on XIII-2 by mid december (gotta finish what I am playing now) will that be long enough to comfortably get through it in prep for lightning returns?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Rockko

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: November 10, 2013, 06:08:05 PM »

I just realized how quickly this game is approaching and I have yet to get to XIII-2. Looks like it will be time to pop that in soon... I know this is not the right thread to be bringing up XIII-2 but how much of a departure from XIII can I be looking forward to? Also I heard really mixed things about how long the game is. If I get started on XIII-2 by mid december (gotta finish what I am playing now) will that be long enough to comfortably get through it in prep for lightning returns?

I cannot speak on the length as I have yet to complete it. What I can say  is that it feels much more like a FF game. I'm in the same position,  as I am trying to complete it before the next one is released. I've enjoyed what little I've played though. It's like they sat down and made a list of things that the lack of made XIII unlike a FF game, (moogles, Chocobos, non-linear dungeons, etc.) and then made sure to include them in this one. It is definitely light on story, and I hope you like time-travel.,,

If you enjoyed the battle system from XIII, don't mind some "cutsie" overtones, and can deal with the lack of plot, then you'll probably have a pretty good time with it.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: November 10, 2013, 07:39:49 PM »

I cannot speak on the length as I have yet to complete it. What I can say  is that it feels much more like a FF game. I'm in the same position,  as I am trying to complete it before the next one is released. I've enjoyed what little I've played though. It's like they sat down and made a list of things that the lack of made XIII unlike a FF game, (moogles, Chocobos, non-linear dungeons, etc.) and then made sure to include them in this one. It is definitely light on story, and I hope you like time-travel.,,

If you enjoyed the battle system from XIII, don't mind some "cutsie" overtones, and can deal with the lack of plot, then you'll probably have a pretty good time with it.

That actually sounds pretty alright to me. I'm going to need to find a good synopsis of the plot of XIII before I jump into XIII-2 though... I can hardly recall the nuts and bolts of it. To be honest I didn't quite gather what the hell was going on even while I played it.

"Cutsie" is also fine by me. Hyperdimension fan here *raises hand*

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: November 10, 2013, 08:04:37 PM »

I'm going to need to find a good synopsis of the plot of XIII before I jump into XIII-2 though...

Go to the "Beginner's Primer" in the main menu. I also recommend reading the novels, they do help to get a better understanding or "sense" of the narrative.

...and seriously the story is not difficult to get, but it can be hard to follow at first.

Where do I find the novels?

Most of them are fan translated. So you can find them online; Oh and there are also Drama CDs of the novel of XIII, but I don't know if the parts uploaded back then are on YouTube anymore.

Also just in case, there is an easy mode in XIII-2.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: November 10, 2013, 08:07:59 PM »

Most of the plot in FFXIII felt pretty irrelevant in FFXIII-2 though. Only thing that seemed important was the epilogue.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: November 10, 2013, 08:19:58 PM »

Most of the plot in FFXIII felt pretty irrelevant in FFXIII-2 though. Only thing that seemed important was the epilogue.

We can go for hours if you want talking about this.

Long story short though is that XIII wasn't a trilogy at first but then XIV 1.0 and other shenanigans happened at SQEX and the story was expanded. Was that bad? No. Should people be all nitpicky about it? Yeah why not, but you know how opinions work in the Internet.

Point is that the story was expanded in a nice way and the connection of the three games goes as far as it need to go to leave every game to be its own thing in the process.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: November 10, 2013, 08:23:41 PM »

We can go for hours if you want talking about this.

Long story short though is that XIII wasn't a trilogy at first but then XIV 1.0 and other shenanigans happened at SQEX and the story was expanded. Was that bad? No. Should people be all nitpicky about it? Yeah why not, but you know how opinions work in the Internet.

Point is that the story was expanded in a nice way and the connection of the three games goes as far as it need to go to leave every game to be its own thing in the process.

Didn't mean it in a bad way. Just saying that Klyde will not be missing much if he goes into FFXIII-2 without having a great memory of the first game.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: