Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 10:21:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319283 Posts in 13036 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 44356 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: November 21, 2013, 10:53:55 PM »

@Dice: Bhunivelze's relevance into the series was developed over time, more or less.

Naw I know, it was subtle, but there.  But that's what Imean, it looks like we're finally getting a full dose now to finish the series.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: November 22, 2013, 02:52:41 AM »

Ending spoilers are out.  I couldn't resist.  I hate myself.

Obviously, don't click unless you want spoilers of the ending CGs.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90764153&postcount=996
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90769175&postcount=1025
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90784232&postcount=1111
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90800534&postcount=1139

Code:
It seems the new world that's created at the end of the game is Earth.

Edit: Also, I do like her final costume.  It fits her.

On the other hand, other than the FPS drops in a few areas, supposedly it's stupidly fun.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:54:33 AM by Cyril » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: November 22, 2013, 04:05:50 AM »

Eh. It's been done. My only complaint is
Code:
that she still has her [color=pink]Pink[/color] hair thus looking like she just popped out of some kind of anime or something.

That said, I wonder if her final costume will be unlocked in the post game content. Gotta market dat Parada.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: November 22, 2013, 08:06:54 AM »

That's kinda...odd.

Code:
I agree, it'd have been great if her hair turned blonde or brown.  This kinda feels like a weird way to end it, hopefully in-game context will make some sense of it... though I'm somehow thinking it might not be or the answer won't be satisfactory...  A new age of science>magic maybe?  I kinda wanna tell them: The pain isn't over!  Greedy capatalists and environmental problems will plague your new world!!  (jk)  And yeah, I'm wondering if she's wearing "prada" and we're gonna see an update to that effect..On SALE NOW, LIGHTNING'S END GAME PRADA OUTFIT. xD

Final "boo": Noel with Yeul. :(
They looked cute and happy; but damn I hate Serah's real "beefcake boyfriend" in 13-2 where he was more of a prat than in the first game.  I love the look of Snow, I just get miffed with his character sometimes....

Anyways, it's nice that it's a happy ending, I just wonder if an epilogue will provide some details about the "new world"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:04:20 AM by Dice » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: November 22, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »

That's kinda...odd.

Code:
I agree, it'd have been great if her hair turned blonde or brown.  This kinda feels like a weird way to end it, hopefully in-game context will make some sense of it... though I'm somehow thinking it might not be or the answer won't be satisfactory...  A new age of science>magic maybe?  I kinda wanna tell them: The pain isn't over!  Greedy capatalists and environmental problems will plague your new world!!  (jk)  And yeah, I'm wondering if she's wearing "prada" and we're gonna see an update to that effect..On SALE NOW, LIGHTNING'S END GAME PRADA OUTFIT. xD

Final "boo": Noel with Yeul. :(
They looked cute and happy; but damn I hate Serah's real "beefcake boyfriend" in 13-2 where he was more of a prat than in the first game.  I love the look of Snow, I just get miffed with his character sometimes....

Anyways, it's nice that it's a happy ending, I just wonder if an epilogue will provide some details about the "new world"

I somehow suspect that
Code:
it's not Earth earth but FFXV's earth and this is the big explaination as to how XIII's and XV's story connects to each other.

Otherwise, lol, so much for all that world-building backstory since you wont be needing it where you're going. Truly, all roads lead to Japan.

Also, the one thing I didn't notice was anybody outside of the main cast. I'm guessing there won't be any new or important NPCs for this game.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: November 22, 2013, 02:06:10 PM »

That was my thought as well. 

Code:
Definitely related to FFXV's world.  Fantasy based on reality and whatnot.

Also, Dice, supposedly there isn't much relationship development, or any at all, between Serah and Snow in this one.
It's mentioned and whatnot, but you'll notice how they aren't even together in the ending scenes, it's all Lightning with her.
Obviously I haven't played the game yet, but that's what's going around.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: November 22, 2013, 02:21:50 PM »

Code:
FFXV will have French??!!

Anyways, I'm just curious how they're going to frame this or legitimize it plot-wise.  Or if it's just gonna be handed on a platter by Etro or something, all like "HERE YA GO, this place is less fucked!"

VIDEO OF THE EPILOGUE.  SPOILERS SPOILERS
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17i1nt_lightning-returns-xiii-epilogue_videogames

EDIT (2x):
Code:
I kinda liked the shitstorm ending of 13-2 by comparison, this feels really tame.  The new Lightning violin track is nice as hell though.  Kind wish they put at least SOMETHING to tell us it ISN'T earth though.  The moon could have had a hole in it maybe like Cocoon did.  It's kinda sad we just see Lightning too; I oddly want to know about the daily lives of the cast. :P

EDIT:  naw, I think it IS Earth.  The shot of the world shows what clearly looks like Africa and Europe; maybe it's "another dimension" Earth if that appeases the crowd though.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17i0qx
3:50 mark

Ho shit.... all of a sudden FF15's tagline makes sense.  Fantasy based on reality?

Cy and Aeo: I feel/think we're the only 3 who took the plunge to spoil it; I feel like we're comrades.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:21:37 PM by Dice » Logged

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: November 22, 2013, 10:32:32 PM »

Is it just me or does the Bomb Flower dude "rap"?

Getting cozy in the dark world is hard, I think the enemies hit for a lot more, for one.

I do find the "culture" interesting.  I citizens of the "Dark World" were all animal-like people, but were they wearing masks or is that a new innovation for "Lorulean" culture?  It also looks like a crap sack world; poor Hilda, she's the princess of a steaming pile of crap land.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: November 22, 2013, 10:33:38 PM »

First Eorzea, and now Lightning has found her way to Hyrule? Geeeez

=P

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: November 22, 2013, 11:55:54 PM »

Is it just me or does the Bomb Flower dude "rap"?

Getting cozy in the dark world is hard, I think the enemies hit for a lot more, for one.

I do find the "culture" interesting.  I citizens of the "Dark World" were all animal-like people, but were they wearing masks or is that a new innovation for "Lorulean" culture?  It also looks like a crap sack world; poor Hilda, she's the princess of a steaming pile of crap land.

Man, the game just barely came out in Japan and already the ending's been retconned.

#Lolrule #Quoted for Posterity
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:58:01 PM by Aeolus » Logged

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: November 23, 2013, 12:09:25 AM »

Well isn't my face red.

May this adorable baby duckling take the attention of me in what little ways it can!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:20:36 AM by Dice » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: November 23, 2013, 12:33:17 AM »

I've seen a lot about LR but I'm not gonna go after spoilers, so I'm out unless some news come out later.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: November 23, 2013, 12:36:01 AM »

It's funny how different the lines are for what various people consider spoilers. For example, I've been trying to avoid all these articles showing off various outfits because I want to be left with a little sense of discovery when I play the game.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: November 23, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »

It's funny how different the lines are for what various people consider spoilers. For example, I've been trying to avoid all these articles showing off various outfits because I want to be left with a little sense of discovery when I play the game.

If the costumes are spoilers to you then you are incredibly touchy about the whole situation, which is something I can relate to because of my anticipation with Dark Souls II for example. I freak out everytime I see screenshots or read news giving away too much.

FF though (and other RPGs) are one of those things you can break into pieces and search info about stuff you would to know more about; Mechanics, world, characters, music and what not. Some people don't want any of it and others want to know and discuss everything all the time.
Rockko

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: November 25, 2013, 09:34:47 PM »

I'm with ya, I don't wanna know nuthin' about nuthin'...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:11:33 AM by Rockko » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: