Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 07:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327876 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56 Print
Author Topic: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, The Last 13 Days  (Read 55980 times)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: March 03, 2014, 09:56:09 AM »

^ What he said. I was scared to death of my pace at the start, but I'm on Day 9 and can easily finish up any quests I have left (That can be done on the first playthrough) by the end of Day 10.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: March 03, 2014, 11:51:17 AM »

I'm waiting for the eventual re-packaging of FF13 1-3 as a collection with all the DLC.

We all know it's going to happen at some point.
The question if they will release it overseas.  I still don't know why they didn't release that 25th FF anniversary collection over here.  It would have easily sold out, even if it was just collectors buying it.

I think it was Toriyama or someone from SQEX Japan who said that if we wanted the 'Lightning Ultimate Box' we only had to show that there was a demand for it. Obviously that didn't happen because most of the audience in the Internet for this game(s) were too busy being shitty about LR and the series to care...

Still, I sort of doubt that with showing demand and everything we would had gotten that sweet box and I also doubt there's gonna be a re-release with every game and DLC for those who are in a battle against DLC.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: March 03, 2014, 12:18:03 PM »

Most stressful game ever. I feel awful after having played it for 3 hours. I even restarted a section. I feel like I'm not living up to the pace it requires.

Not enjoying this one bit. Think it's bad for my mental health.

It's not.  Not really.  You have plenty of time.  Too much time, even.

Use Chronostasis.

Trust me when I say "you're worrying too damn much."

Still on my first play through, and I've got 2 days to spare, completed all side quests (minus some of the ones that just can't be done in the first run) and the majority of the prayer canvas. Plenty of time. I figure in my next run, I can do most of the game in a pretty short time period.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: March 03, 2014, 01:29:57 PM »

Still on my first play through, and I've got 2 days to spare, completed all side quests (minus some of the ones that just can't be done in the first run) and the majority of the prayer canvas. Plenty of time. I figure in my next run, I can do most of the game in a pretty short time period.

On my current E-mode playthrough I did the 'minimum' requirement of all 5 Main Quests and 40 Side Quests (technically 41 since my wife wanted to run around and find all the clocks XD ) in about 4-ish days spamming Chronostasis at every given moment.

From what I've seen you can do all that in 3-ish if you plan out your quests a bit better. I lost about half a day being screwed over by time gates and day-night enemy and item type transitions; that and apparently some of the easiest Yusnan side quests are super misable if you don't do them before the main.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: March 03, 2014, 02:23:08 PM »

I'm waiting for the eventual re-packaging of FF13 1-3 as a collection with all the DLC.

We all know it's going to happen at some point.
The question if they will release it overseas.  I still don't know why they didn't release that 25th FF anniversary collection over here.  It would have easily sold out, even if it was just collectors buying it.

I think it was Toriyama or someone from SQEX Japan who said that if we wanted the 'Lightning Ultimate Box' we only had to show that there was a demand for it. Obviously that didn't happen because most of the audience in the Internet for this game(s) were too busy being shitty about LR and the series to care...

Still, I sort of doubt that with showing demand and everything we would had gotten that sweet box and I also doubt there's gonna be a re-release with every game and DLC for those who are in a battle against DLC.

If I recall correctly, you could've totally have gotten it off of Squeenix's online store.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: March 03, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »

On my current E-mode playthrough I did the 'minimum' requirement of all 5 Main Quests and 40 Side Quests (technically 41 since my wife wanted to run around and find all the clocks XD ) in about 4-ish days spamming Chronostasis at every given moment.

From what I've seen you can do all that in 3-ish if you plan out your quests a bit better. I lost about half a day being screwed over by time gates and day-night enemy and item type transitions; that and apparently some of the easiest Yusnan side quests are super misable if you don't do them before the main.

Yeah there are 2 quests I think that are missable in Yusnan...actually come to think of it, outside of Luxerion, all the side quests are pretty easy. It is overwhelming at first because you are still getting to know the cities and such, but once you do, it's a piece of cake.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: March 03, 2014, 08:10:13 PM »

If I recall correctly, you could've totally have gotten it off of Squeenix's online store.

Edited.*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:53:16 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: March 03, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »

Big Spoiler: It was a Paradox Ending all along!

Not really. Not really close to beating it, still on Day 10.

And that probably would've been funnier if half the people in this thread hadn't already spoiled the ending for themselves.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: March 04, 2014, 02:08:45 AM »

Just beat the game tonight. That ending was...rather bland. :-\ Felt like a mixture of Russel T Davies' last episode of Doctor Who's self-congradulatory wankery (to be fair the whole game felt like this) mixed in with someone who tried to parrot the climactic scene of
Code:
G Gundam
and forgot that only works as an excuse if you invoke the Burger King.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 02:10:54 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: March 04, 2014, 02:23:29 AM »

Just beat the game tonight. That ending was...rather bland. :-\ Felt like a mixture of Russel T Davies' last episode of Doctor Who's self-congradulatory wankery (to be fair the whole game felt like this) mixed in with someone who tried to parrot the climactic scene of
Code:
G Gundam
and forgot that only works as an excuse if you invoke the Burger King.

I think the lack of a full epilogue after three games worth of shitty times for the entire main cast is the biggest injustice.
Code:
Y'know.  Snow is probably a heroin addicted rock star, Serah his groupie/divorced wife, Noel waiting to marry Yeul at 18, Vanille and Fang live and got married in Canada, Hope is BFFFs with Steve Jobs and went back in time to cure his cancer, and Sazh can finally see his kid grow older than 6 while running an Ostrich Farm.  Oh and Lightning livin' it up in France apaprently.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: March 04, 2014, 02:33:47 AM »

I think the lack of a full epilogue after three games worth of shitty times for the entire main cast is the biggest injustice.
Code:
Y'know.  Snow is probably a heroin addicted rock star, Serah his groupie/divorced wife, Noel waiting to marry Yeul at 18, Vanille and Fang live and got married in Canada, Hope is BFFFs with Steve Jobs and went back in time to cure his cancer, and Sazh can finally see his kid grow older than 6 while running an Ostrich Farm.  Oh and Lightning livin' it up in France apaprently.

Lets get the online forums ablaze in protest and send some Lightning-shaped cupcakes to SquareEnix. Maybe we'll get that as some hastily written DLC in a few months.

:3
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: March 04, 2014, 05:54:45 AM »

Okay, so I'll explain where I am and why I'm so frustrated.

I'm right towards the beginning, in Luxarion, I have 5 days left (end of the day in which you can start the glowing number quest). I finished the quest where I have to find the glowing numbers and save the girl, now I have to chase after and defeat Noel. I have like 30 minutes left until the day ends, and I won't be able to fight Noel until after midnight of the next day if I don't do it now. Problem is, all but the lowest enemies utterly destroy me, and when I went up to Noel, he absolutely obliterated me. I was under the impression that I was supposed to defeat Noel at the end of this day, but I'm just getting my ass kicked. I've barely had any time to do side quests, and when I do, I'm faced with enemies that just wear me down.

I feel like I'm doing something horribly wrong. I feel like I'm just keeping up with the pace the game expects (Hope is constantly urging me to hurry and it gets me very agitated), but at the same time, I'm very confused as to where I'm supposed to be in terms of time by this point.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:01:13 AM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: March 04, 2014, 08:25:21 AM »

Okay, I played another day, did a bunch of side quests. I've noticed a slight increase in my abilities to take down enemies. Still I couldn't get Noel down to more than 2/3rds. I'll try again at the end of day 4.

I'm guarding and trying to exploit his weaknesses, but his attacks are a bit hard to predict, and I barely do any damage to him. Went through all my potions, a phoenix down and an Arise. I notice other people saying they beat him on day 2... I must really suck at this game.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: March 04, 2014, 08:48:44 AM »

Go to a new area if Noel is causing you trouble.  Maybe play around in the Wildlands a bit.  One of the main quests there is basically a prolonged fetch quest.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: March 04, 2014, 12:30:21 PM »

I vaguely recall reading somewhere that bosses get more difficult and have better drops if they are beaten after day 6? Is this true? Anyways, if you keep on completing side quests the bosses more or less become a walk in the park. At least that way you'll also come across new schematas, weapons and accessories.

I just beat this game late last night, and I have to say, I haven't been this satisfied at a conclusion of a game in a long long while. Maybe even since Suikoden II. Despite all the naysaying that goes on with the XIII games, maybe I'm drawing slight parallels to the trilogy and the last 4 years of my life or whatever but there was something about the conclusion, as far fetched as it may be that had me just plain satisfied.

Anyways, I'm going to go back and try to platinum the game because I think it will kind of end up being something of a seminal moment in my gaming history for me at least.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 56 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: